NEWS

Seeking ShadowRun Podcasts

• 22 Replies

Teknodragon

• Omae
« on: <09-06-10/1445:51> »
So, I find myself sitting around at work, with too much time to think.  Wondering if you folk might know of some ShadowRun podcasts that I don't-- I've got the HiddenGrid, and This Modern Death.  Seeing as those folks haven't updated in a while, I'm needing to find other sources of audio.

Appreciate it, chums.
Life is short, the night is long, and we still have ammo.

Malachi

• Freelancer
  • Newb
« Reply #1 on: <09-07-10/1610:35> »
There is a distinct lack of Shadowrun podcasts.  Maybe someone should start one?

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #2 on: <09-07-10/1612:45> »
Well, it's probably because we're a niche market. To successfully pull of a podcast, you need a stable audience, and the best way to do that is to do a 'generic' Gaming podcast where you don't focus too much on a single setting/system.

Although, if I can get the campaign up and running, I might just record the sessions and post `em.

Malachi

• Freelancer
  • Newb
« Reply #3 on: <09-07-10/1615:07> »
I dunno, there are plenty of podcasts dedicated to just D&D, or WoD, or Call of Cthuhlu, or Warhammer 40k.  I think if anywhere you can server a "niche" market its on the internet.

Hmmm... my idea wheels are turning now...

John Schmidt

• Omae
« Reply #4 on: <09-07-10/1616:16> »
Which would be better received though?

Podcast or video clips?
It's not the one with your name on it; it's the one addressed "to whom it may concern" you've got to think about.

Hand Amputation

• Newb
  • GUNK!
« Reply #5 on: <09-07-10/1623:27> »
Although, if I can get the campaign up and running, I might just record the sessions and post `em.

I would love to here some AP 'casts. As a new runner I think they'd help people like myself learn quickly the ways of the world.

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #6 on: <09-07-10/1624:25> »
Podcasts, in my opinion.

Videos are great for 'special' occasions, like NeonCon's coverage of GenCon/ENnie Awards. But for everyday blogging type of stuff, podcasts are better (and cheaper to produce).

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #7 on: <09-07-10/1625:54> »

I would love to here some AP 'casts. As a new runner I think they'd help people like myself learn quickly the ways of the world.
It may be a while. I'm trying to get a new job back in PA (where most of my old group lives). So, if you want to the sessions, help me get a Web Design/Develop job in Eastern PA. ;)

Hand Amputation

• Newb
  • GUNK!
« Reply #8 on: <09-07-10/1636:40> »
Sad thing is:

I have a ton of recording equipment (8 track interface, mics, software), the know how (audio editing, graphic design, some web design skills), and the desire to engineer something like this. However I don't know enough about GMing to 'host' a podcast. I'd love to help out, though.

:-[

Teknodragon

• Omae
« Reply #9 on: <09-07-10/2315:50> »
Thanks for the thoughts, leastwise! It looks to be that a good podcast is much like a good blog-- it requires drive, time, and effort, in addition to a bit of decent equipment.

Also, a good 'cast is not just entertaining, but the listener comes off a bit better for having thought of some stuff.
Life is short, the night is long, and we still have ammo.

Kanter

• Newb
« Reply #10 on: <09-14-10/1921:39> »
I'm about to start a campaign that will hopefully be long running. And i have audio recording equipment...

So, i think i'll start a podcast. I'll stick some links to it up here once we get it going.

shadowpavement

• Newb
« Reply #11 on: <09-15-10/2055:23> »
There was one called The Hidden Grid, which was ok, but very intermittent and seems to have pod-faded.

I was thinking about starting a cast with my crew, but a 3 year-old child, along with a full time teaching job and graduate classes has made it hard to find time just for regular gaming, let along a podcast about that game.

ShadowSeeker

• Newb
« Reply #12 on: <09-16-10/1158:19> »
While not shadowrun specific these guys try to make their podcasts apply to most rpg systems. 

http://sharkbone.libsyn.com/

Coldbringer

• Newb
« Reply #13 on: <09-16-10/1743:32> »
This Modern Death does some Shadowrun stuff, put again their might be some pod fading going on.  I think Hiddengrid might be on the way back I think the creator of the podcast is doing a rework of his web page for the show with more content to come later.  As far as a general purpose RPG cast I am a fan of Fear the Boot.
http://veggeek.wordpress.com
Gaming, pop culture and what not.

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #14 on: <09-17-10/0010:49> »
There was one called The Hidden Grid, which was ok, but very intermittent and seems to have pod-faded.

I was thinking about starting a cast with my crew, but a 3 year-old child, along with a full time teaching job and graduate classes has made it hard to find time just for regular gaming, let along a podcast about that game.

Hiddengrid is still around, and will hopefully be starting up a new series soon focusing partly on Missions.  ZenDead is a busy guy though, and is involved with Off World Designs, a T-SHirt company that does gamer shirts, so he travels to a lot of the conventions running the booth.

Bull