NEWS

[SR5] Core Rulebook "Master Index Edition"

• 35 Replies

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« on: <09-02-16/0630:05> »
I've mentioned before that a new release of the core rulebook with a new index (including the 6 core supplements) has been in the works. Well, looks like it will hitting stores soon and some pre-release copies will be in the CGL booth at PAX West this weekend. From Tumblr:

Beyond demos you can check out the latest and greatest books! And for those with an eagle eye, you might have spotted the Master Index Edition of SR5 in the photo above! This latest reprint is just now coming available. We’re pre-releasing the print book at Pax West. Then, once the book has become available to all retailers (in the next couple of weeks), the PDF will be made available for free to anyone that previously purchased SR5!

;D ;D

Prime Mover

• Omae
  • Prime Runners need Prime Fixers
« Reply #1 on: <09-12-16/1338:30> »
Any chance of just the new index being available separate from the core reprint?
Why do things happen the way they happen? For
all I know the world Is Just one big game and all of
our actions are determined by the roll of a die.
-  Dunkelzahn,  Great-Dragon

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #2 on: <09-12-16/1709:18> »
I have asked the question, but don't have any to report yet. The core rulebook PDF will be updated to include the new index, but I'm not sure if it will be released as a separate document. I can't imagine why it wouldn't be, but can confirm either way.

Ragnarok

• Omae
« Reply #3 on: <09-12-16/2317:06> »
I've mentioned before that a new release of the core rulebook with a new index (including the 6 core supplements) has been in the works. Well, looks like it will hitting stores soon and some pre-release copies will be in the CGL booth at PAX West this weekend. From Tumblr:

Beyond demos you can check out the latest and greatest books! And for those with an eagle eye, you might have spotted the Master Index Edition of SR5 in the photo above! This latest reprint is just now coming available. We’re pre-releasing the print book at Pax West. Then, once the book has become available to all retailers (in the next couple of weeks), the PDF will be made available for free to anyone that previously purchased SR5!

;D ;D

How will the pdf be made available to anyone that purchased SR5?  I purchased my physical copy (1st printing) the month after it was released, and I purchased it from a FLGS, which I no longer have the receipt for...
"More human than human" is our motto.
- Tyrell, Bladerunner

Prime Mover

• Omae
« Reply #4 on: <09-12-16/2322:52> »
I assume he meant PDF will be updated, for those who purchased it at a site like Drive Thru etc...

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #5 on: <09-14-16/1238:16> »
The updated PDF should be out later this month. ;D

TonyK

• Chummer
  • 20 year on-and-off SR fan...
« Reply #6 on: <10-01-16/2000:51> »
Just got a notice on DriveThru that the updated version was available.  However, when I downloaded the update, it seems the index is limited to the core rulebook only; I thought page cites for supplements were to be included in the index as well?  Also, going to "My Library" for the rulebook shows two instances of "CAT27000_Shadowrun_5.pdf", and they both appear to be the same document.  Is there some sort of glitch?

In any event, I would suggest that the filenames include some sort of date, so we can tell which particular version we're downloading.
My fave quote from SRR: "Damn you Mike Pondsmith"

Prime Mover

• Omae
« Reply #7 on: <10-02-16/1706:02> »
Battlecorps doesn't send out updated links for pdf's.  Is there any option to get new index without buying new core PDF?

deville

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Newb
« Reply #8 on: <10-03-16/1506:15> »
So, I am on my third download of an "updated" version of the Core Rulebook from DTRPG in 3 days, the most recent one even labeled "Master Index Edition" and, unless it is in invisible ink or cleverly hidden somewhere in the book, I still have not seen anything resembling a Master Index. It does get frustrating to waste time downloading an "updated product" thinking you get something updated and it isn't. Anybody have any idea what's going on?

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #9 on: <10-04-16/1953:47> »
Battlecorps doesn't send out updated links for pdf's.  Is there any option to get new index without buying new core PDF?
I haven't got my email yet either...will ping people tomorrow.

Ragnarok

• Omae
« Reply #10 on: <10-05-16/1054:18> »
What's the status on the MIE?
"More human than human" is our motto.
- Tyrell, Bladerunner

Mephisto

• Newb
« Reply #11 on: <10-05-16/1808:50> »
So, I am on my third download of an "updated" version of the Core Rulebook from DTRPG in 3 days, the most recent one even labeled "Master Index Edition" and, unless it is in invisible ink or cleverly hidden somewhere in the book, I still have not seen anything resembling a Master Index. It does get frustrating to waste time downloading an "updated product" thinking you get something updated and it isn't. Anybody have any idea what's going on?

CGL SOP is what's going on...

AJ, any word from TPTB on a PDF download of just the Master Index for those who bought dead trees?

Marzhin

• Omae
  • I must confess, I was born at a very early age.
« Reply #12 on: <10-05-16/1958:12> »
Just so you know, I just downloaded the PDF from DriveThruRPG and it now includes the master index. My version of the file is dated "2016-10-05 16:50:53".
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.
(Groucho Marx)

deville

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Newb
« Reply #13 on: <10-05-16/2053:16> »
Just so you know, I just downloaded the PDF from DriveThruRPG and it now includes the master index. My version of the file is dated "2016-10-05 16:50:53".

Thanks for the heads up I hadn't had time to check today. Looks pretty good. I expect it to be pretty useful!

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #14 on: <10-06-16/0714:50> »
AJ, any word from TPTB on a PDF download of just the Master Index for those who bought dead trees?

I expect so, but have pinged Jason on that to confirm.