NEWS

Release plans for season 5

• 34 Replies

Chimera Prime

• Newb
« on: <02-10-14/2100:07> »
Hi,

I am kicking off my first SR5 home campaign this weekend and was going to run a season 5 hybrid session tieing in its events with my own.
This is my first campaign for a decent 6 years+ for shadowrun, so I am very excited to be back onboard. Wish me luck :)

I see on the convention list the season is up to module 6 but the published modules is still at 1.

Also on face book we have that awesome Matt Wrath picture for module two shown in December. My players seem obsessed with the Matt, which will be interesting...

So what's happening in this space? Is it possible to get the current convention module info as a primer to what will be released? I ask this as it would allow me to avoid areas the modules will cover when released.
« Last Edit: <02-10-14/2101:51> by Chimera Prime »

SvenFTW

• Newb
« Reply #1 on: <02-12-14/1327:48> »
I'm also curious what we can expect from Season 5.  I moved my home game setting to Chicago just so I could purchase and use the material for Missions, but we're going on 5 months now with no word on module #2?!

Sure, I have plenty of my own material to use, but I feel like I've been hung out to dry here at the same time.

Bull?  Anybody?

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #2 on: <02-12-14/1832:12> »
It's my fault.  I've had some emotional/mental issues the last couple months that have ground Missions to a complete halt because I've been totally unable to get anything done.  Sorry about that :(  TRying to work through things and get  Missions moving again.

Chimera Prime

• Newb
« Reply #3 on: <02-12-14/2001:16> »
Oh, sorry to hear that. I hope everything gets better for you soon.

Well, I grabbed bug city and Feral Cities as PDFs. I can do some filler material around O'Hare and Evanston to fill the gaps in my home campaign for now. Will just do some light stuff around the Zone to avoid any overlaps.

Really looking forward any new missions material and will be buying them as soon as they come out :)

Now my next most pressing question is... What does Dwarven Punkbilly sound like... Matt Wrath seems to approve, and I have two dwarves in my group (which is odd in itself :)...), and one of the Dwarfs is a Matt fan. So I was thinking of adding a Dwarven Punkbilly venue/bar somewhere around Evanston as a bit of a group hangout. Can anyone list/link me some music to get in the mood?

I will start up a post in the main forum about this topic, should be fun.
« Last Edit: <02-12-14/2026:07> by Chimera Prime »

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #4 on: <02-13-14/0200:35> »
Thanks.  Mission 2 is mostly done, 3 and 4 are in the wings.  Prime Mission 1 is pretty much done as well.  Mostly just needs to finish getting edited, a few tweaks made, and for 2 and 3, art and maps need done.

As for Dwarven Punkbilly...  Hell if I know.  Myself I picture it as a weird mashup of Punk and Country-Music myself.  Ramones by way of Johnny Cash, and is something that caught on with the Dwarven Community big-time for some reason.  I mostly just like coming up with weird combos of musical styles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W61l6Y_IGT0

biotech66

• Omae
« Reply #5 on: <02-13-14/1455:20> »
Get Well Bull!
Speech|Thought|Matrix|Astral

Marzhin

• Omae
  • I must confess, I was born at a very early age.
« Reply #6 on: <02-15-14/1812:54> »
Thanks for the update Bull. Get well soon!
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.
(Groucho Marx)

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #7 on: <02-19-14/2255:28> »
Appreciate the update Bull and hope things in RL are sorting themselves.

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #8 on: <03-15-14/0904:27> »
Any update on where things stand for upcoming releases?

Chimera Prime

• Newb
« Reply #9 on: <03-15-14/1744:09> »
Of particular concern is the squid beast thing on the Facebook page... Its looking at me funny...

Seriously though, I assume your editors are busy on run and gun. But as a GM I have to say my priority for release is missions, I want more! So an update would be nice, so I know how many filler games I need to do.

SvenFTW

• Newb
« Reply #10 on: <03-19-14/1316:33> »
I'm sad to say I had to give up on Missions.  I was very excited about it, but this gap in publishing has been fatal to my enthusiasm.

Catalyst can take some lessons from Paizo here, in my opinion.  Let GMs and players count on your material and don't let them down.  If one person has RL problems, bring in another person to take up the slack.  Bull, I think you're a great guy and you're a stellar Shadowrun proponent, but I think even you would agree that this is just not acceptable no matter what the reasons are behind it.

I vote with my dollar and those dollars won't be going to Catalyst anymore for awhile.  Not because of indignation, simply because that ship has sailed.  I was all set to purchase and use every single Chicago mission that came out.  6 months later, I'm ready to wrap up my campaign and in that time I didn't get to buy anything from Catalyst.  You guys made a big deal about 2013 being THE YEAR OF SHADOWRUN.  We haven't even seen Run and Gun yet.  Where's Sprawl Gangers?  Where is my faith in Catalyst?  At least I know the answer to that last question.

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
  • I'm a Ma'fan of Shadowrun!
« Reply #11 on: <03-19-14/1649:49> »
*pre-emptively uses a fire extinguisher to hopefully prevent a flamewar*
Feel free to keep any karma you earned illicitly, it's on us.

Quote from: Stephen Covey
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.

Ghoulfodder

• Chummer
« Reply #12 on: <04-13-14/0657:55> »
I was really peeved about the delay in missions release until I read this. Sorry you're having troubles Bull. Hope you've got support and catalyst are looking out for you too. Don't worry about the delay, shizzle happens and you and missions are still the best thing about shadowrun.

Kincaid

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #13 on: <04-13-14/0742:31> »
I'm guessing most of the Mission energy has been directed at Origins lately.  Two 4-run CMP arcs are slotted for the event, so they'll be leaking out to agents after that.
Killing so many sacred cows, I'm banned from India.

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #14 on: <04-13-14/0748:06> »
Unfortunately I'm out of public material in a few months, so unless Dangerous Games, Dragon's Song or earlier CMPs become available for the SR5 Missions public, I'm going to have a hard time doing a once-a-month game in 2014-2015. :< Can't go and play CMPs on a non-convention after all. I'm considering running simple home-game adventures instead, but the downside there is that they wouldn't be Missions-legal so people wouldn't be able to improve their characters.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!