NEWS

More is needed! (Shadowrun Cosplay)

• 42 Replies

The_Gun_Nut

• Ace Runner
« Reply #30 on: <02-06-11/1045:58> »
But then it looks like you are me posting. That's confusing!  :o
I find it very difficult to believe that anyone would confuse the two of us. :)

On the plus side, if this gets you to do some more awesome Shadowrun style shoots, then we all win!
There is no overkill.

Only "Open fire" and "I need to reload."

theKernel

• Omae
  • I believe you like it served cold -Matador
« Reply #33 on: <02-06-11/1412:47> »
That would be intense!
HACK THE PLANET
Theres no place like 127.0.0.1
Always start and end character creation by asking yourself "why is this character not an ork." If you don't have a good answer you should be an ork. -UmaroVI
"Stay at least one lie ahead of everyone else"-Vitriol
SR4+++hbB?!Wdk++o+++++M+P-

Rosia

• Newb
« Reply #34 on: <11-19-12/1649:21> »
My friends and I did a shadowrun cosplay for NYC COMIC CON if anyone is interested in seeing the few pics I've managed to collect.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/iamrosia/sets/72157632053586276/with/8201343624/

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #35 on: <11-20-12/0759:10> »
My friends and I did a shadowrun cosplay for NYC COMIC CON if anyone is interested in seeing the few pics I've managed to collect.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/iamrosia/sets/72157632053586276/with/8201343624/
Nicely done!

Malex

• Omae
  • Hoy!
« Reply #36 on: <11-20-12/2017:19> »
A friend of mine had an idea for a band like that: a minotaur on drums, a satyr on lead vocal and guitar, a goblin on keyboards, and just a guy on bass.
Look past the lies, and all the scary stuff that remains is the truth.

Anarkitty

• Omae
« Reply #37 on: <12-13-12/1159:47> »
My Girlfriend and I did a SR3 Decker and Street Sam for NorWesCon in WA last year:

$/@mm-0!

• Newb
« Reply #38 on: <12-13-12/2254:13> »
This was from a few years ago. Since this was for a Anime convention every one kept asking what I was sposed to be. The thing around my neck is a fake SIN for the Denver free states made out of old laptop wireless card and wrapped in tape. Last year I was lazy and just wore a suit, tie with a over coat and a sticker that read "hello" my name is Mr Johnson. I also had a briefcase that read "pay data" on it nothing original but meh. I almost want to bust it back out next year just for the hell of it though the gas mask was very hot.
$/@mmZ3r0

Anarkitty

• Omae
« Reply #39 on: <12-26-12/1159:50> »
This was from a few years ago. Since this was for a Anime convention every one kept asking what I was sposed to be. The thing around my neck is a fake SIN for the Denver free states made out of old laptop wireless card and wrapped in tape.

Shadowrun can so easily come off as generic cyberpunk that you have to add things to make it recognizable, but it needs to be subtle to not detract from the costume.  That's why we just did the iconic S on our jackets, it looks like it could be a gang sign or a team logo. 
The fake SIN is a great idea too, and I may just borrow the idea.  I work in IT so I have a ton of old computer parts around.

Lysanderz

• Omae
« Reply #40 on: <12-26-12/2045:07> »
Where did you get those jackets? I want one.

Anarkitty

• Omae
« Reply #41 on: <12-27-12/1338:18> »
Mine is a second-hand trench coat with the sleeves cut off and the holes hemmed.
The Decker's jacket is a modification of Butterick pattern B5232 (she made her whole outfit from scratch except the corset).
I hand painted the Shadowrun insignia on the backs.

In case anyone is curious:
The assault rifle is a Nerf Stampede ECS-50
The Fairlight Excalibur is an old iMac keyboard
The cyberarm is literally painted on

I wish I had thought to take pictures throughout the process. These were fun costumes.

$/@mm-0!

• Newb
« Reply #42 on: <12-28-12/1744:40> »
This was from a few years ago. Since this was for a Anime convention every one kept asking what I was sposed to be. The thing around my neck is a fake SIN for the Denver free states made out of old laptop wireless card and wrapped in tape.

Shadowrun can so easily come off as generic cyberpunk that you have to add things to make it recognizable, but it needs to be subtle to not detract from the costume.  That's why we just did the iconic S on our jackets, it looks like it could be a gang sign or a team logo. 
The fake SIN is a great idea too, and I may just borrow the idea.  I work in IT so I have a ton of old computer parts around.

If I ever bust out the costume again, I may have to attempt to put a SR logo on my coat or at least somewhere on my armor.
$/@mmZ3r0