NEWS

Stealth/Spy Adept

• 4 Replies

ssfsx17

• Newb
« on: <09-26-10/1534:41> »
The purpose of this character is to get in, look around, break locks, run whatever that the hacker has pre-programmed for her, and get out. Preferably without killing anyone. There seem to be a lot of different opinions about how to make characters in general, and adepts in particular, but I'm relatively new to making characters

Meganekko
Female
Elf

=== ATTRIBUTES & STATISTICS ===

Code: [Select]
BOD AGI REA STR CHA INT LOG WIL
3 6 4 2 5 4 3 3
ESS INI EDGE MAG RES
6.00 9 1/1 5 -
Init passes: 2

=== PERSONA ===

Positive Qualities:
- Adept
- Blandness

Negative Qualities:
- Day Job (1000 nuyen / 10 hours / week)
- Scorched
- Sensitive Neural Structure
- Sensitive System

Contacts:
- Fence (loyalty 5, connection 5)
- Fixer (loyalty 6, connection 6)

Daughter of an elven mage and an elven street samurai. Her parents needed to take a year off to let some Lone Star heat cool down, hence why she was able to be born. Soon after, though, they left her in the care of her relatives so they could do more shadowrunning, and she only saw her parents once a month at best.

Besides basic school, only learned about shadowrunning, ganging and other low-class things from the people she grew up with. Starting stealing candy, beef jerky and soda from vending machines at an early age. Went to middle school and high school with the two guys who are now her fixer and fence. Skipped school 25% of the time to try stealing stuff, especially clothes that she liked, without getting caught too often.

Her fixer and fence friends recognized that she had talent, and put her to work doing more interesting jobs. Nowadays, she gets by through crashing at one of those two guys' places, scouting out places to make sure they're safe, and doing courier runs.

=== SKILLS ===

Athletics Group: 3
Stealth Group: 3

Con (Charisma): 5
Etiquette (Charisma): 3
Perception (Intution): 5
Pistols (Agility): 2
Unarmed (Agility): 2

Language (English): N
Language (Japanese): 3
Language (Sperethiel): 3

Hangouts (Safehouses): 3
Security Design: 6
Security Procedures: 6

=== ADEPT POWERS ===

Attribute Boost (Agility) 1
Attribute Boost (Reaction) 1
Eidetic Sense Memory
Improved Reflexes 1
Multi-Tasking
Three-Dimensional Memory
Traceless Walk
Voice Control

=== WEAPONS & ARMOR ===

Shock Glove - 5S(e), AP -half

2,000 nuyen spent on regular ammo, clips, fake licenses

Defiance EX Shocker - 8S(e), AP -half, mode SS, ammo 4(m)

Ares Predator IV - damage 5P, AP -1, mode SA, ammo 15(c)
- Hidden Arm Slide
- Silencer
- Smartgun System, external

Chameleon Suit - B/I 6/4
- Thermal Damping 4

Actioneer Business Clothes (for the street) - B/I 5/3

=== OTHER GEAR ===

Commlink - Hermes Ikon - response 4, signal 3
- AR Gloves
- Holo Projector
- Novatech Navi - Firewall 3, System 4
- Skinlink
- Subvocal Microphone

Commlink - CMT Clip - disposable - response 1, signal 3

Micro-Transceiver 6
Tag Eraser

Climbing Gear
Grapple Gun
- Stealth Rope 200 meters
Rappeling Gloves

Autopicker 5
Cellular Glove Molder 3
Chisel
Keycard Copier 6
Maglock Sequencer 6
Miniwelder
Wire Clippers

Glasses 4
- Low Light
- Flare Compensation
- Image Link
- Smartlink
- Thermographic
- Ultrasound
- Vision Enhancement 3
- Vision Magnification

=== MISC. POSSESSIONS ===

Nuyen: -

Low Lifestyle - 2 months

Fake SIN 4 - for legit stuff
Fake SIN 2 - for shady stuff

EDIT - the code tag doesn't work quite like how I'm used to on the BattleTech boards

Walks Through Walls

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1 on: <09-26-10/1728:38> »
Some adept power I really like for a stealth adept that you don't have and might look into are gliding, wall walking(or running) and freefall.

Tech stuff a chameleon suit is a must have.

I made a mystic adept She Who Walks Through Walls that is a stealth artist using a mix of adept and mage abilities. She is posted in the O.O.C. Road to Redmond if you want to look at her for ideas.

If the whole idea is to get in and out unseen I would probably drop the attribute boosts and go with additional dice to your infiltration skill. In non combat situations the attribute boost especially in reaction doesn't give you as much long term benefits.

Also you might look at breaking up the stealth group. Think about the idea for the character do you really need the shadowing? You could take the other 3 skills at 2 each and then add an appropriate specialization and be even on points and have more dice in the proper situations.

Athletics is even more the case with your strength at 2 you won't excel in climbing, running or swimming. Take the gymnastics and climbing to a higher level (the two a stealth character needs) and then again specialize to get more dice in the needed situations climbing(urban or building scaling) unless you know you will be in the wilderness a lot and the gymnastics in tumbling

Hope these suggestions help let me know if I can be of more assistance
"Walking through walls isn't tough..... if you know where the doors are."
"It's not being seen that is the trick."

Walks Through Walls

ssfsx17

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <09-26-10/2018:29> »
I like the skills as they are - not too overspecialized. The main goal behind having Stealth as a group is that it would be possible to snatch keycards, overhear VIPs talking, and see which rooms the VIPs go into during the daytime. Also, with some of the powers and stats changed, it seemed to me to be even more logical to have Athletics as a group, since Running is needed for going upwards, Climbing for getting down fast, and Gymnastics for all the usual stuff. The way I figure is, if I need three skills to be at least 2, then it's more worthwhile to get them as a group, even if there's a 4th wasted skill.

Anyhow - main changes in this version are attributes & adept powers.

Meganekko
Female
Elf
played by ssfsx17

=== ATTRIBUTES & STATISTICS ===
Code: [Select]
BOD AGI REA STR CHA INT LOG WIL
3 6 2 3 5 5 3 3
ESS INI EDGE MAG RES
6.00 7 1/1 5 -

=== PERSONA ===

Positive Qualities:
- Adept
- Blandness

Negative Qualities:
- Day Job (1000 nuyen / 10 hours / week)
- Scorched
- Sensitive Neural Structure
- Sensitive System

Contacts:
- Fence (loyalty 5, connection 5)
- Fixer (loyalty 6, connection 6)

Daughter of an elven mage and an elven street samurai. Her parents needed to take a year off to let some Lone Star heat cool down, hence why she was able to be born. Soon after, though, they left her in the care of her relatives so they could do more shadowrunning, and she only saw her parents once a month at best.

Besides basic school, only learned about shadowrunning, ganging and other low-class things from the people she grew up with. Starting stealing candy, beef jerky and soda from vending machines at an early age. Went to middle school and high school with the two guys who are now her fixer and fence. Skipped school 25% of the time to try stealing stuff, especially clothes that she liked, without getting caught too often.

Her fixer and fence friends recognized that she had talent, and put her to work doing more interesting jobs. Nowadays, she gets by through crashing at one of those two guys' places, scouting out places to make sure they're safe, and doing courier runs.

=== SKILLS ===

Athletics Group: 3
Stealth Group: 3

Con (Charisma): 5
Etiquette (Charisma): 3
Perception (Intution): 5
Pistols (Agility): 2
Unarmed (Agility): 2

Language (English): N
Language (Japanese): 3
Language (Sperethiel): 3

Hangouts (Safehouses): 3
Security Companies: 3
Security Design: 6
Security Procedures: 6

=== ADEPT POWERS ===

Eidetic Sense Memory
Gliding
Multi-Tasking
Three-Dimensional Memory
Traceless Walk
Voice Control
Wall Running

=== WEAPONS & ARMOR ===

Shock Glove - 5S(e), AP -half

2,000 nuyen spent on regular ammo, clips, fake licenses

Defiance EX Shocker - 8S(e), AP -half, mode SS, ammo 4(m)

Ares Predator IV - damage 5P, AP -1, mode SA, ammo 15(c)
- Hidden Arm Slide
- Silencer
- Smartgun System, external

Chameleon Suit - B/I 6/4
- Thermal Damping 4

Actioneer Business Clothes (for the street) - B/I 5/3

=== OTHER GEAR ===

Commlink - Hermes Ikon - response 4, signal 3
- AR Gloves
- Holo Projector
- Novatech Navi - Firewall 3, System 4
- Skinlink
- Subvocal Microphone

Commlink - CMT Clip - disposable - response 1, signal 3

Micro-Transceiver 6
Tag Eraser

Climbing Gear
Grapple Gun
- Stealth Rope 200 meters
Rappeling Gloves

Autopicker 5
Cellular Glove Molder 3
Chisel
Keycard Copier 6
Maglock Sequencer 6
Miniwelder
Wire Clippers

Glasses 4
- Low Light
- Flare Compensation
- Image Link
- Smartlink
- Thermographic
- Ultrasound
- Vision Enhancement 3
- Vision Magnification

=== MISC. POSSESSIONS ===

Nuyen: -

Low Lifestyle - 2 months

Fake SIN 4 - for legit stuff
Fake SIN 2 - for shady stuff

Walks Through Walls

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3 on: <09-26-10/2033:26> »
That is a very valid choice. I went the way of being able to sneak into places very well while you have more ability to talk your way in and hide in plain sight so to speak. That is one of the nice things about shadowrun is that you can have several different types of sneaky character and none is right or wrong just different.

Since She Who Walks Through Walls is a mystic adept I had to spend some of my points on spells and the additional mage related skills so that makes a difference in how to set up the other skills for the character.

Hope you have fun playing Meganekko
"Walking through walls isn't tough..... if you know where the doors are."
"It's not being seen that is the trick."

Walks Through Walls

ssfsx17

• Newb
« Reply #4 on: <09-26-10/2045:52> »
That is a very valid choice. I went the way of being able to sneak into places very well while you have more ability to talk your way in and hide in plain sight so to speak. That is one of the nice things about shadowrun is that you can have several different types of sneaky character and none is right or wrong just different.

Since She Who Walks Through Walls is a mystic adept I had to spend some of my points on spells and the additional mage related skills so that makes a difference in how to set up the other skills for the character.

Hope you have fun playing Meganekko

Indeed - let alone possibilities for assassination-by-rifle, assassination-by-garrotte, kidnapping, being a Bene Gesserit, etc. I'm discovering why so many people have said good things about karma-build.

Thanks for all the help