NEWS

BattleCorps Customer Service

• 123 Replies

Arakos

• Newb
« Reply #15 on: <02-02-16/0835:19> »
Wow, and I thought my experience was bad. I'm still waiting on my preorder of Chrome Flesh, but this is just nuts.

I did get a response to the very first email I sent, which resulted in my order being permanently stuck in "Re-Processing" status. Since then, I've sent a few more emails to try to get things moving, but all have been ignored. I'll try again with their new email address.

Fizzygoo

• Omae
« Reply #16 on: <02-08-16/2153:07> »
Update

February 2nd: Sent email (in evening) to Jason Hardy, customerservice@catalystgamelabs.com, and AJ. Jason Hardy responded quickly about addressing customer service with higher-ups the next day.
February 8th: Sent email (6:52 PM PST) to Jason Hardy, customerservice@catalystgamelabs.com, and AJ. =
Member of the ITA gaming podcast, including live Shadowrun 5th edition games: On  iTunes and Podbay

Fizzygoo

• Omae
« Reply #17 on: <02-09-16/1854:30> »
Update

February 9th: Received 3 reply emails from customerservice@catalystgamelabs.com (one of which cc'd several others including Jason Hardy)  the core of which is a planned Wednesday ship date (with my correct home address in the email to the distributor).
Member of the ITA gaming podcast, including live Shadowrun 5th edition games: On  iTunes and Podbay

adzling

« Reply #18 on: <02-09-16/2238:08> »
kafka would be proud

Fizzygoo

• Omae
« Reply #19 on: <02-10-16/1524:15> »
Update

February 10th:
•Received email from distributor that:
"Order 141880 – both London and Manhattan shipped with a tracking number [number].  It came over on a spreadsheet on 6/10 with a bunch of other spreadsheets from [Name] that were not previously delivered (I can forward if necessary) it was processed and posted on 7/11 and delivered on 7/17 at 3:09pm. 
Order 141804 – both the LE and regular edition of  Data Trails.  It came over on 7/1.  It was processed and posted on 7/6 and delivered on 7/6."
•Received 2nd email from distributor indicating they had differing address and that they are "going to hold off on sending anything until this address can be confirmed.  Please confirm which address to send the missing books to."
•I replied to "all" with attached screen captures from my account showing the original (and correct) shipping address for all four orders which, for three of them, differed from the billing address.
•Distributor replied with attached csv file showing they had only received the other, billing, address and that "Before I can re-ship the two orders that were previously sent and received (although not by you) I need to have approval from someone at Catalyst."
•I replied, again to "all," with "No worries. I understand. This seems to be the core (but not the totality) of the issue: the website is passing on the billing address as the shipping address (it also defaults the order status as "shipped" immediately upon placing the order and then [via a person on the website-side?] is switched to "processing," as can be seen in the screenshots)."

Fizzygoo

• Omae
« Reply #20 on: <02-11-16/1753:30> »
Update

February 11th:
• I emailed the group email about who I should contact to have review/approve re-shipping the items that had been shipped to the wrong address back in July.
• Distributor replied that they had gotten approval this morning and that the orders "should go out tomorrow" (12th).

Duellist_D

• Chummer
« Reply #21 on: <02-11-16/2219:49> »
. This seems to be the core (but not the totality) of the issue: the website is passing on the billing address as the shipping address (

:o
Now that is... interesting.

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #22 on: <02-11-16/2223:18> »
. This seems to be the core (but not the totality) of the issue: the website is passing on the billing address as the shipping address (

Probably not one I'd run into since I always have both being the same. The question is, why aren't you doing address changes on your account/card rather than using two separate addresses?
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

falar

• Omae
  • The Fourth Jesse
« Reply #23 on: <02-12-16/1112:46> »
Probably not one I'd run into since I always have both being the same. The question is, why aren't you doing address changes on your account/card rather than using two separate addresses?
It's pretty common to have all your mail sent to a P.O. Box (Billing address), but only be able to use a physical address for your shipping address.

Fizzygoo

• Omae
« Reply #24 on: <02-18-16/1708:04> »
Update:

February 13th: Received group email from customerservice@catalystgamelabs.com with info for the distributor.

February 16th: Distributor emailed me with tracking number.

February 17th: customerservice@catalystgamelabs.com emailed me with (same) tracking number and request that I reply when the shipment has been received.

February 18th: Partial order received. Replied to the group email (including customerservice@catalystgamelabs.com) with "I did not receive the standard (non-Limited Edition) Chrome Flesh and Data Trails books (bother were purchased as "Bundle E" which is "pdf+book+LE Book"). I did receive London Falling, Bloody Business, Battle of Manhattan, and the LE versions of Chrome Flesh and Data Trails. Attached is photo of invoice which agrees with the above (no standard copies of Chrome Flesh and Data Trails shipped)." [included 3 photos, 1 of invoice, 2 of invoice + books delivered, with email.] Before responding I checked my Battlecorps orders on the website, the Bundle description, and the last few emails to the group containing the order information to confirm Bundle E is listed as "pdf+book+LE Book."

Fizzygoo

• Omae
« Reply #25 on: <02-21-16/1810:53> »
Update:

February 19th: Distributor (not Catalyst) replied to my Feb 18th email (including full group email that includes 4 Catalyst game labs emails) about receiving a partial order with, "My understanding is that Bundle E is just the LE and the PDF. I could be wrong, I have been asking Catalyst for a list of their bundles for almost 2 years now. I will send your non-LE versions out ASAP. I am sorry for the mis-understanding." I replied, "That would be great. But I understand if you need to wait to get confirmation."

Fizzygoo

• Omae
« Reply #26 on: <02-25-16/0529:59> »
Update:

February 25th (2:21 AM PST), I sent the following email to the four Catalystgamelabs.com reps and the distributor:

Hi everyone :)

The Long Form:
Since it's been about 273.3 days since my original order of Data Trails (though it was a pre-order but since the Limited Edition version that I just received has no publication date other than a "2014-2015 copyright" date one can't give a better estimate [but for comedy directed at Jason Hardy, that is 86.3 days more than the Homo sapiens robustus gestation period as listed in the 1st edition Shadowrun corebook (copyrighted 1989)])...

...and about 3.3 business days since my reply to |distributor| at pubservinc.com (with everyone here cc'd)...

... that...

...I understand if |distributor| needs approval from Catalyst that Bundle E for both Chrome Flesh and Data Trails includes standard and LE versions of the print versions of those books...

...and that since I have not received indication either way from Catalyst to confirm or deny that Bundle E for both books includes both versions of said books...

...that |distributor| should feel free to both:
   send me the two, non-limited-edition versions of Chrome Flesh and Data Trails at my shipping address (|Shipping Address|)
   and bill Catalyst for services rendered by pubservinc.com...

...and that...
   should Catalyst not respond by end of business Thursday, February 25th 2016 in the negative

...that by Friday, February 26th, |distributor| should supply me with tracking information (or at least email confirmation) of the shipped, non-limited-edition versions, of Chrome Flesh and Data Trails.

The Short Form:
Since it's been about 3.3 business days since my reply to |distributor| at pubservinc.com that by Friday, February 26th, |distributor| should supply me with tracking information of the shipped, non-limited-edition versions, of Chrome Flesh and Data Trails.

Respectfully,
|me|

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #27 on: <02-25-16/0644:20> »
*sigh*

Mind if I ask the distributor (you can PM me if you'd prefer)? 

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #28 on: <02-25-16/0744:45> »
Pretty sure he is referring to the company managing the inventory for CGL.

Fizzygoo

• Omae
« Reply #29 on: <02-25-16/1717:54> »
Update:

February 25th:
• Distributor (3rd party company, Publisher Services Inc.) responded at 5:47 AM, that the two missing items (non-limited-edition versions of Data Trails and Chrome Flesh) have been sent (no word from Catalyst on my end regarding the clarification of what Bundle E includes for Data Trails and Chrome Flesh).
• Non-limited-edition version of Chrome Flesh was delivered today.
• Replied to distributor (cc'd all catalyst emails that have been included on this on-going conversation) with the following:

Hi |Distributor rep|,

You, |Distrubtor rep|, have been awesome during this debacle. You, and by extension Publisher Services Inc., have been doing a great job. And of course the one time during all of this that I allowed myself to be impatient (and to be clear, it is impatience with Catalyst and not you nor Publisher Services Inc)...Chrome Flesh was on my doorstep as I headed out to work today. So the non-limited-edition Data Trails is the only missing item now and with your confirmation that it was sent I'll email you when I receive it. :)

[side note...for some reason everything's switched to German language with my email client and its interface. I don't know why. It's going to be a very strange day.]

Kind regards,
|me|