NEWS

[SR6] How to Increase Rigger's Initiative

• 1 Replies

j2klbs

• Newb
« on: <10-29-20/2047:39> »
A rigger running in hot VR will roll 3d6 initiative.  But I want to get to the 5d6 cap.  How can it be done?  I follow Banshee's matrix guidelines preventing the simultaneous use of cyberdecks and RCC's, so I can't use the bonus initiative dice that comes with a cyberdeck.

I don't think wired reflexes or synaptic boosters would work in the Matrix since those modify your body and the Matrix is purely of the mind.  I suppose there are spells, but in my mind a rigger should not have to also be or rely on a mage.

I'm not aware of anything else that could add extra dice.  Can anyone else think of something?  Or are riggers forever doomed to be slower than their decker counterparts?

Stainless Steel Devil Rat

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #1 on: <10-29-20/2051:55> »
Well, remember if you're Jumping in you don't need a RCC.  Autosofts won't matter anyway, although the Noise Reduction is still nice.

Regardless:

When the Rigger and/or Matrix books come out, I'd imagine there will be more options.
RPG mechanics exist to give structure and consistency to the game world, true, but at the end of the day, you’re fighting dragons with algebra and random number generators.