NEWS

Weapon Accessoires rules for dummies

• 10 Replies

idkyet

• Newb
« on: <06-20-19/0949:34> »
Hey guys, I can't understand the modding system. Or at least I am not sure if I do.
In corebook it says "Most firearm accessories must be attached to a particular mount—top, barrel, underbarrel. Each mount can only hold one accessory at a time."

In HT it says "One top of the weapon; 2) Underneath the barrel of a weapon; 3) On the side of a weapon; 4) Internal to the weapon, meaning it is built into the weapon and integral to its systems; 5) Replacing or adding to the barrel; 6) Replacing or adding to the stock."

And then it says in CB "Heavy pistols can take top- and barrel- mounted accessories."

But as in the CB only those 3 slots are mentioned, what does apply now? I understand it like heavy pistols can have the CB mentioned two + side of weapon + internal (no stock because stock rules obviously)

Am I right?

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #1 on: <06-20-19/1301:03> »
No book at hands but are you sure you're not mixing up mods and accessories?
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

BeCareful

• Chummer
« Reply #2 on: <06-20-19/1615:39> »
The stuff from Hard Targets (as well as Run & Gun) adds on to the stuff from Core.
So, your heavy pistol could have a suppressor on the barrel, an infrared flashlight for low-light-vision people, an internal smartgun system, and have room underneath/on the sides.
Or, if you're using a Guardian (which, to the best of my recollection, can Burst Fire but only as a long burst), you can certainly give it a barrel-mounted gas vent, a collapsible stock, and maybe a scope on top. Maybe an extended clip as well, if you want a long-range, high rate-of-fire handgun.
"Welcome to Shadowrun, where the biggest obstacle is you!"

idkyet

• Newb
« Reply #3 on: <06-21-19/0428:08> »
No book at hands but are you sure you're not mixing up mods and accessories?

sounds like i did that. I am new into SR and some expressions of the rulebook are way more confusing in my native language I realized when comparing to the original.
thanks guys!

idkyet

• Newb
« Reply #4 on: <06-21-19/0434:09> »
Also a few side questions that make me unsure aswell; do I need to put smartlink into a scope so it does work together with the smartgun system? (I have smartlinked goggles already no worries)
And can I buy a weapon with no standard internal smartgunsystem but tell the manufacturer that I want an internal system so I don't have to struggle with higher aviability, building it in & prices later?

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #5 on: <06-21-19/0446:36> »
I think having a built-in smartgun, so you don't have to get it as external accessory or expensive internal mod, is supposed to be a drawpoint for some guns. So probably not.

idkyet

• Newb
« Reply #6 on: <06-21-19/0524:13> »
hmm sounds logical to me aswell, do you have any answer for the scope question aswell?
also there is the micro-gyro compensator at the savalette guardian, but i cant find any micro gyro compensator in the rulebooks >.<

thanks for your answers btw!

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #7 on: <06-21-19/0712:25> »
For a person, you need to see the smartlink info. Could be scope, could be glasses, contacts, helmet, inside your skull. If your goggles have it that's sufficient.

For drones, there's a smartlink program iirc in one of the books?

For the Savalette, does it have any inherent RC? If so that might represent the statistics effect.

idkyet

• Newb
« Reply #8 on: <06-21-19/0815:55> »
So I have a sniper rifle with external smartgun system and a scope, do I now need smartlink on scope for using the smartgun system? I have a smartlink on my glasses anyway.

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #9 on: <06-21-19/0825:52> »
Only if you won't use the glasses. So you need either glasses or scope to have it, not both.

BeCareful

• Chummer
« Reply #10 on: <06-21-19/1328:53> »
I think it's 2k nuyen to install the smartlink in eyewear of any kind, and takes up capacity. So you can have it in a pair of glasses and in your helmet/ballistics mask that you don after removing your glasses; or you can put it in the scope and use it when you're looking through the scope; or you can put it in cybereyes (or your regular eyes) so you'll only have to pay for it once but have it available no matter what you're wearing.
"Welcome to Shadowrun, where the biggest obstacle is you!"