NEWS

Cast your Shadowrun movie/game

• 7 Replies

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« on: <06-14-19/1634:04> »
So, E3 is over, and CD Projekt Red dropped bombs on the crowd with their Cyberpunk 2077 trailer, finishing off with revealing that Keanu Reaves would be in the game as Johnny Silverhand, a big name character from the Cyberpunk 2020 game. Ironically, the guy from Point Break and Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure has some pretty solid screen time when it comes to cyberpunk, with both Johnny Mnemonic and the Matrix being some of his most memorable roles. Adding on CP 2077 to the pile, and I don't know of any other A list actors (in the US, at least) with as many cyberpunk credits in their resume. All of this, combined with being in the shower loosening up the brain cells, got me thinking.

So, simply put, who would you cast for a Shadowrun movie or game, as one of the major lore characters?
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1 on: <06-14-19/1638:25> »
Karl Urban as the protagonist runner  ;D
Urban nailed Judge Dredd in Dredd, has cyberpunk cred from Almost Human and is all in all a great actor.
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Shinobi Killfist

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2 on: <06-14-19/1723:17> »
Depends on the tone. Mirrorshades Tom
Cruise would work pretty well. Pink Mohawk man piles of actors/actresses.

mcv

• Chummer
« Reply #3 on: <06-15-19/0550:47> »
I certainly wouldn't cast Keanu. I love him, he's a great actor and a fantastic human being, but he's also a bit overdone and too obvious. And it needs to be a team movie; I think he's better at solo movies.

I second Karl Urban.

Kate Beckinsale looks really good with a gun in her hand too.

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4 on: <06-15-19/0710:11> »
Not to mention: the role of Karl Combat Mage has already his name in it ;)
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Cappa101

• Newb
  • I <3 Urban Sprawl #1
« Reply #5 on: <06-15-19/1213:34> »
Some people may sneer at this comparison, but I think Inception is a near archetypical depiction of a professional run gone wrong but still accomplished none-the-less. Based on that, could Christopher Nolan do the movie justice? IMO, he feels like a safer pick for director.
« Last Edit: <06-15-19/1218:09> by Cappa101 »
Thanks for making me CEO of this AAA Corp! You 100% won't regret this decision!!!

-Villiers(paraphrased...probably)

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #6 on: <06-15-19/1520:25> »
I certainly wouldn't cast Keanu. I love him, he's a great actor and a fantastic human being, but he's also a bit overdone and too obvious. And it needs to be a team movie; I think he's better at solo movies.

I second Karl Urban.

I'd put Keanu as Johnny Spinrad.

I would really like to see what Morena Baccarin could do as one of the great dragons, like Hestaby or Arleesh. And the Firefly fanboy in me demands Summer Glau as a combat adept.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #7 on: <06-16-19/1351:33> »

I second Karl Urban.

I want Keanu as the ex-runner-now-corp-and-'green' Johnson that also gets set up and has to join a single firefight, after which one of the runners goes 'okay, WHO said the guy was a rookie again?!'

I totally agree with the other two.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!