NEWS

Mission - Dragon fight

• 4 Replies

D.B.R.

• Newb
« on: <03-01-15/0508:46> »
Our group tried this mission for first time and we are a bit puzzled if we played it right.

We think action sequence is this:

1. Place dragon to last player.
2. Draw 3 easy obstacles, one for each player other that player facing dragon
3. Play four turns, when at and of fourth turn dragon attacks, it discard one card to player facing him and moves to other player.
4. After completing round, draw 3 easy obstacles, angain no for player facing dragon (starting round 2, so still no crossfire) and continue round 2...
after second round, we draw first crossfire, but if we kill all obstacles before end of round, we put it under crossfire deck (not to discard), heal one wound and buy from blackmarket.

Is this sequence right or are we playing something wrong?

graven2002

• Newb
« Reply #1 on: <03-01-15/1745:48> »
Sounds right, except for one detail:  a scene doesn't end when you defeat obstacles, only when you defeat one of the Dragon Aspects.
This allows you to remove the current Crossfire event, and collect the reward for the defeated aspect, then take turns buying from the Black Market.
Check out "Dragon Rewards & Ending a Scene" on Side {2} of the Dragon Fight mission card for full breakdown.

D.B.R.

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <03-03-15/1452:56> »
Thanks :-) We tried again and again terrible failure. Any tactical tips? We thought about using assists a lot, but it never worked.

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
  • I'm a Ma'fan of Shadowrun!
« Reply #3 on: <03-03-15/1458:15> »
Well it is considered to be the hardest mission in the whole of Crossfire.  I mean, failing repeatedly seems like a given.  It's the "Dark Souls" of Crossfire.  :P
Feel free to keep any karma you earned illicitly, it's on us.

Quote from: Stephen Covey
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.

Jamelfr

• Chummer
  • Nerps for beer. Nerps for president.
« Reply #4 on: <03-19-15/0139:39> »
Thanks :-) We tried again and again terrible failure. Any tactical tips? We thought about using assists a lot, but it never worked.

Real life is busy and I did not have the time yet to play this last mission. So my advices are untested for the moment...

I am planning to manage my upgrades differently than in the other missions. I will get the upgrades that permits me to do more damage in my primary "color" (black for Street Samurai, Green for decker and so on). There are some low cost upgrades and high cost upgrades that have such effects (I do not have the game in front of me, sorry for lack of precision). Some upgrades permits to change the starting deck, so they could be valuable too in this aspect.

Since defeating a dragon's aspect with the appropriate color damage is "easier" (and gives more rewards), it might be a good strategy imho. I still have to test it, though. Of course, playing a little more of the normal missions to get more karma can be a good idea if you wish to pay all those fancy and expensive updrages.

Good luck! Can't wait for Real life to calm down so i can get back to this game. :)