NEWS

[SR5] Fichetti Pain Inducer & Smart firing platform

• 5 Replies

Elektrycerze3

• Omae
  • Russian Decker
« on: <10-14-13/0254:26> »
Hoi!

My attempts at creating interesting adversaries for my players have led me to some questions concerning Fichetti Pain Inducer & Smart firing platform.

Q1: How does Fichetti Pain Inducer work?

I get the basics: roll to hit, roll to dodge, roll toxin resistance against fixed Power 8. The parts I don't understand are whether it does any actual damage and whether the target is subject to the listed penalties (-modified Power on all tests) in case the modified Power is less than the target's Mental Limit.

Q2: What are the stats for the Smart firing platform?

The book lists some stats, but it doesn't provide Body and Armor for said platform. Or is it akin to turrets from Portal in that both models fall from a single hit?

I tried searching for automated turret stats but they also don't appear in the book...

I'd really appreciate some help! Can't wait to use automated Pain Inducers against the PCs =)

Thanks in advance!
« Last Edit: <10-21-13/0949:47> by Elektrycerze3 »
Speech | Matrix/Communication | Thought | Astral
“Forget hackers, I have my buddies Smith & Wesson: innovators of the point-and-click interface.”

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #1 on: <10-14-13/0507:56> »
using them currently in SR4a. they're a good area denial weapon, but they only cause pain while they are actively shooting at/maintaining the beam on a target. once the beam is broke, the person is free to act as normal AFAIK.
it will force chars with mid-low WIP to flee the immediate area which is pretty nice, as it completely screws their planned actions up :-)
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

Elektrycerze3

• Omae
  • Russian Decker
« Reply #2 on: <10-21-13/0949:22> »
using them currently in SR4a. they're a good area denial weapon, but they only cause pain while they are actively shooting at/maintaining the beam on a target. once the beam is broke, the person is free to act as normal AFAIK.
it will force chars with mid-low WIP to flee the immediate area which is pretty nice, as it completely screws their planned actions up :-)

So they don't do damage... Thanks)
“Forget hackers, I have my buddies Smith & Wesson: innovators of the point-and-click interface.”

darloth

• Newb
« Reply #3 on: <11-12-13/1606:23> »
It mentions somewhere in security that automated turrets are just drones mounted into the wall (or on a track) with a wide angle traverse to their weapons.

As such, I'd decide how big a turret you want, pick a ground drone of appropriate size, use the stats for that but halve the price and strip out the movement systems to represent a turret-drone.

Not sure about the smart platform.  Compare its cost to some drones - if it's really cheap, have it be a one-hit wonder.  If not, just slap some mini or small drone stats on there?

Elektrycerze3

• Omae
  • Russian Decker
« Reply #4 on: <11-13-13/0224:41> »
It mentions somewhere in security that automated turrets are just drones mounted into the wall (or on a track) with a wide angle traverse to their weapons.

As such, I'd decide how big a turret you want, pick a ground drone of appropriate size, use the stats for that but halve the price and strip out the movement systems to represent a turret-drone.

Thanks... So I'm stuck with eyeballing the whole thing. Oh, snap.

Not sure about the smart platform.  Compare its cost to some drones - if it's really cheap, have it be a one-hit wonder.  If not, just slap some mini or small drone stats on there?

You know, nearly every drone is a one-hit wonder now :-P

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #5 on: <11-13-13/0830:53> »
There are loads of rail drones in arsenal if you want inspiration or a starting point
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor