NEWS

Boston Lockdown - Status and resolution ?

• 25 Replies

Lighthouse

• Omae
« Reply #15 on: <11-10-15/1805:29> »
I am planning on running it and looking forward to more info.
"Fish gotta swim You know what I'm sayin." Omar

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #16 on: <11-12-15/1404:48> »
To be fair, this isn't all that unusual for a major plot arc. We need only look back to the Arcology Shutdown for a prime example. Renraku Arcology - Shutdown has a copyright of 1998. Brainscan (which freed the arcology) has a copyright of 2000. That's a two year span between the launch of the arch and closing that chapter. If you include the information from Threats 2 and other books building up to System Failure (copyright 2005), which ended the arc, you're talking a seven year span, during which time no one other than developers knew which way things were going to fall.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

iamfanboy

• Newb
« Reply #17 on: <11-13-15/1949:10> »
And the Lockdown arc will probably resolve with the overall CFD storyline, which can't resolve until there is some way of either restoring older personalities rewritten, or coming to terms with the rewriting. If it does involve using the Deep Resonance to restore their personality (creating and implanting an e-ghost over the intruding AI?) then only beings who left a deep imprint on the Matrix have much of a chance to come back.  At minimum I expect FastJack to reappear because of it, and it'd be nice if they paid off the bit at the end of System Crash with Captain Chaos' e-ghost.

Be interesting if CC's e-ghost or FastJack, is planned to be one of the major NPCs of a later Chronicles story, and that's why CGL can't do drek until Chronicles either wraps up or is canceled; be a shame if CGL dropped major spoilers for another company's game, ne?

Lighthouse

• Omae
« Reply #18 on: <11-14-15/1349:46> »
i'll just have to add a lot of side missions until the next book comes out.

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #19 on: <11-17-15/1120:33> »
If you want to distract them, there's always the time-honored use of red herrings. Perhaps they meet up with a certain clown makeup wearing elf inside the lockdown zone who is taking advantage of the chaos, and are sent on a series of jobs that... end up having nothing at all to do with the lockdown.

My Characters

Lighthouse

• Omae
« Reply #20 on: <11-17-15/1121:58> »
I am one step of ahead of you. I already thought of that but what would he get done? Pick up magic artifacts? steal CEO's emails? pull a prank on Celedyr?

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #21 on: <11-17-15/1127:49> »
Yes, yes, and yes. Also, have clam chowder delivered from one side of the city to the other, and other zany antics.

My Characters

Longshot23

• Omae
« Reply #22 on: <11-17-15/1140:23> »
Don't forget making life miserable for some semi-psycho with a bat fixation (fetish?  :o8)  ;) . . . .

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #23 on: <11-17-15/1145:39> »
And when you run out of zaniness, you can always turn to having some 'legitimate businessmen' need 'troubleshooters' to take on some 'problems'.

My Characters

witchdoctor

• Chummer
« Reply #24 on: <11-18-15/2239:42> »
What you mean the nice man in the tailored suit actually wasn't paying me ludicrous amounts of nuyen to deliver candy to poor disadvantaged ganger children in the Barrens? Aww man!

Raven2049

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
  • CDT "Special" Agent
« Reply #25 on: <11-19-15/1919:28> »
What you mean the nice man in the tailored suit actually wasn't paying me ludicrous amounts of nuyen to deliver candy to poor disadvantaged ganger children in the Barrens? Aww man!

that sounds like it should be an actual Mission