NEWS

[SR4A20] Skilwire/Skillsofts

• 1 Replies

Dr Adder

• Newb
« on: <04-19-16/1621:08> »
Hi,

Skillwire is very easy to get, but skillsofs are very expensive . I checked all the related threads of the site before asking, but there no solutions :

1/ Is there some way to get skillsofts cheaper ?

2/ It seems there is a way for a hacker to boost skillsofs, but i didn' get how ?

3/ I don't understand why linguasofts when used as instant traducer aren't activesoft ?
I can figure they could be kind of knowsofts with a seconds of delay and horrible pronounciation, just like repeating or
 skillsoft with instant and fluent pronounciation wich necessitates control of the head muscles and often part of the body.

Shaidar

• Omae
« Reply #1 on: <05-25-16/0137:44> »
1/ Is there some way to get skillsofts cheaper ?

Hacked skillsofts is the only means in SR4a to lessen the cost.

2/ It seems there is a way for a hacker to boost skillsofs, but i didn' get how ?

The hacker can crack the copy write protection of the software; unfortunately, this also disables the automatic update feature of the hacked skillsoft which necessitates a monthly manual update Software Test otherwise the skillsoft degrades the rating by 1 for each month the update is missed. IIRC, the process is detailed somewhere in the Unwired sourcebook.