NEWS

[5eOoC] 2075/6: Stormy Waters [Persistent World; recruitment always open]

• 5046 Replies

8-bit

« Reply #690 on: <11-12-14/1705:15> »
Oh boy, train is starting to pick up speed. I have the feeling any shots I try to take are going to be pretty difficult if the train starts moving at 20 miles per hour. Ghost might be jumping off soon to deal with the convoy.

@Aria

If I jump off the train, what would that be? Gymnastics test?

adamu

« Reply #691 on: <11-12-14/1808:29> »
We also have their backup 300M out. Is that the LAV? Also, would talking to the Seer count as my Action? Just wanted to make sure before I post IC. A lot of this is still new to me. But for the RV, yeah, I can send the Water Spirit out, and the Fire spirit if you think we really need it.

Professionally, we are here to protect the convoys assets and personnel. We have secured the seer (and should not consider trading or allowing a self-trade). The only asset still at risk are those two kids, so I say we put every resource on it except what we need to secure the seer and keep the train from being overrun by ghouls (movement should do that).

Personally, the thought of losing those poor kids, who have already lost their parents before their eyes…I vote for sending every spirit you've got at that RV with orders to protect the kids (which may indirectly entail killing the clowns).

Based on what we now know, if the seer is well and truly off the table, I don't think the LAV will remain a threat.

adamu

« Reply #692 on: <11-12-14/1809:38> »
Oh boy, train is starting to pick up speed. I have the feeling any shots I try to take are going to be pretty difficult if the train starts moving at 20 miles per hour. Ghost might be jumping off soon to deal with the convoy.

@Aria

If I jump off the train, what would that be? Gymnastics test?

Shooting from a moving vehicle is a lousy -2 penalty….

SnowDragon

• Chummer
  • "I gag him and throw him down the stairs!"
« Reply #693 on: <11-12-14/1844:54> »
If Intervention can get to car one, she could roll a smoke through the door. They wouldn't be able to see, we'd just need someone on a rifle outside with an automatic and a thermal camera to gun the baddies down?
« Last Edit: <11-12-14/1855:44> by SnowDragon »

adamu

« Reply #694 on: <11-12-14/1857:43> »
If Intervention can get to car one, she could roll a smoke through the door. They wouldn't be able to see, we'd just need someone on a rifle outside with an automatic to gun the baddies down?

Hey SnowDragon - welcome welcome!!!!

I LOVE your character - no cyber, no magic, AND not a Mr. Lucky.
I have always wondered if I could make a viable character that way….

Oh, and since you are just joining us…Car 1 has my character Al driving the train.

The bad guys are holed up with the kids in a disabled RV.
(Useful useful - there is a link on about the second or third post of this thread to a list of all the cars in the train and what is in them!)

SnowDragon

• Chummer
« Reply #695 on: <11-12-14/1923:16> »
Oh gosh, I'm blushing :P Thanks!

As for my screw up, well I could get off the train and pop smoke for the RV? It might buy a few seconds of confusion for someone with thermals to just pop the door and ventilate them

Fekking clowns. No one likes clowns.

8-bit

« Reply #696 on: <11-13-14/1128:15> »
Shooting from a moving vehicle is a lousy -2 penalty….

Wait, really? Well, I guess jumping off the train isn't that big of a deal.

@Aria

Can I see the clowns through my sniper rifle from my position on top of train 8? If it takes a perception check, just let me know (feel free to use preroll).

@SnowDragon

Can I get an Initiative Roll from you? 9 + 1d6

-----------------------------

@All

Here are the people who have not yet acted IC-wise for this Action Pass.

- Luz
- Flicker
- Betsey

Just as a note for Initiative's sake, you guys (gals?) still have actions for this pass.

SnowDragon

• Chummer
« Reply #697 on: <11-13-14/1135:33> »
9 +1d6 Ini

12 Ini.

^^

8-bit

« Reply #698 on: <11-13-14/1137:08> »
Thank you very much!

-------------------

Action Pass 1

Initiative Rolls for current situation. Organized.

Ericen | Flicker - Initiative: 11+4d6 27
All4BigGuns | Cutter - 3d6+11=27 [4,6,6,11] = (27)
8-bit | Ghost - Initiative (1): 15+3d6 25 [4, 3, 3] - 1 for Wound Modifiers = 24
GM/saithor | Water Spirit - 2d6+14= 23 Link
JackVII | Harrier - 9+4d6 → [9,2,1,5,5] = (22)
Csjarrat | Morgan - Hot sim initiative: 9 + 4d6 (4d6=12) = 21
GM/saithor | Fire Spirit - 2d6+15= 20 Link
Jayde Moon | Betsy - 1d6+9: 18 [1d6=3] | Four hits on the test on Increase Reflexes (+4 Reaction, + a pair of ones)
saithor | Alicia - 1d6+9=13 Link
SnowDragon | Intervention - 9 + 1d6 (1d6=3) = 12
Lusis | Luz - 8+1d6: 10 [1d6=2] http://orokos.com/roll/220362

Currently Outside of Combat.

adamu | Al - (Using prerolled result) 2d6 + 11 → [6,6,11] = (23) | Engaged in combat before everyone else, so is at a fresh roll (not currently engaged in combat, thus outside of Initiative)
« Last Edit: <11-14-14/1449:47> by 8-bit »

Lusis

• Omae
« Reply #699 on: <11-13-14/1218:49> »
Yeah I've been busy in a
RL; will try and make a post later.
SpeechThought Matrix/E-mail/Texting

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #700 on: <11-13-14/1234:27> »
@Aria

Can I see the clowns through my sniper rifle from my position on top of train 8? If it takes a perception check, just let me know (feel free to use preroll).
See note above somewhere about mirror glass  ;)
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

8-bit

« Reply #701 on: <11-13-14/1243:10> »
@Aria

Gah, I apparently don't pay attention. Looks like I'll be jumping of trains to get closer to the RV. Here's a Gymnastics check if it's necessary. This is for Action Pass 2; so this might be delayed for a bit.

Athletics 2 + Agility 11 - Wounds 1 = 12 dice (without any other modifiers)

Gymnastics test to get off the train: 12d6t5 2 [4, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 4, 4, 2, 1, 5, 6] - What a terrible roll ... if only 3's counted as hits.

Might as well figure out how I land before noting any actions.

Ericen

• Chummer
« Reply #702 on: <11-13-14/1304:22> »
Sorry folks was down for the count for a bit with pneumonia but I am back, so from what I got so far is we have closed the gap to the ghouls. So before I post can I ask are we in pistol or sword range?
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

8-bit

« Reply #703 on: <11-13-14/1305:35> »
Sorry folks was down for the count for a bit with pneumonia but I am back, so from what I got so far is we have closed the gap to the ghouls. So before I post can I ask are we in pistol or sword range?

I hope you feel better now.

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #704 on: <11-13-14/1541:51> »
Ouch, hope you're on the mend!

I'm happy for you to be whichever you choose - note that if it is the former the ghouls will be doing their level best to make it the latter!

@Aria

Gah, I apparently don't pay attention. Looks like I'll be jumping of trains to get closer to the RV. Here's a Gymnastics check if it's necessary. This is for Action Pass 2; so this might be delayed for a bit.

Athletics 2 + Agility 11 - Wounds 1 = 12 dice (without any other modifiers)

Gymnastics test to get off the train: 12d6t5 2 [4, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 4, 4, 2, 1, 5, 6] - What a terrible roll ... if only 3's counted as hits.

Might as well figure out how I land before noting any actions.
Falling damage doesn't kick in until 3m+ , not sure exactly how tall the trains are (probably 3-4m) but you've rolled some hits to land safely - just hope nobody was watching!  Or blame it on something in the 30cms or so of ash you've landed in...!
« Last Edit: <11-13-14/1544:37> by Aria »
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36