NEWS

[IC] VU93 -- SRM 04-05 & SRM 04-06 Update

• 46 Replies

wylie

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #30 on: <01-09-12/1743:43> »
>>>>>[MacCallister gives out straight jobs. Need more fixers like him. I have come across some interesting info. Some group called the Shadow Riders, possible ties with old Lone Star, are making inquries. Any idea who these people are?]<<<<<
--Ferret (17:43:23/ 01-09-74)

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #31 on: <01-11-12/1853:22> »
>>>>>[Squatters near the Group Health Central Hospital on Capitol Hill tell me that the Lady of Peace has been disturbed in her lair. None know who or why, but they said the lady came to no harm in the end.]<<<<<

--Faust (18:53:00/01-11-74)
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #32 on: <01-11-12/1906:27> »
>>>>>[Great things start heating up, and I'm stuck in a tank after getting a bullet in the back of the head.  Figures.  Oh well, please keep me updated, folks, I can't even get magazines in here, and who the frag trusts the Matrix news channels anymore?]<<<<<
-- Money Johnson (18:06:43/01-11-74)
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

wylie

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #33 on: <01-17-12/2036:50> »
>>>>>[the news, hahaha, the military's best source for information. Here is a weird thing. Came across a dwarf runner after a run, drinking heavily even for a dwarf. He mentioned to me about how his group took down some warforms biodrones and were trying to sell the parts. And something about having vamp sleep with a mage to keep him from casting magic. Anyone know what he may have been drinking, so I can avoid it?]<<<<<
--Ferret (20:36:45/01-17-74)

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #34 on: <01-17-12/2046:01> »
>>>>>[Either something illegal, or Newfie Screech, which should be illegal.  Never seen it on this coast, however.  Last time I drank some was as an initiation thing in University.  I can still feel the chemical burn at the back of my throat.]<<<<<
-- Money Johnson (20:45:55/01-17-74)

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #35 on: <01-17-12/2112:48> »
>>>>>[From what I've heard, different Infected drain you different ways, even among the same type. If the vampire was one of the ones that needs that 'emotional connection' from getting laid to do it, then yeah, that magician might not be able to cast spells any more, and they should count themselves lucky if they aren't infected themselves, or dead.]<<<<<

--Iceblade (21:12:13/01-17-74)

My Characters

wylie

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #36 on: <01-18-12/1320:18> »
>>>>>[Really? So different Infected need different ways to feed. That brings to mind something about college kids going out and getting addicted to being feed upon. Any truth to that urban legend? Mind you, that dwarf was scottish to boot, so I may have misunderstood him. Having to get laid to feed must make it hard for some of them to survive, the Infected I mean. So some of them can be reasoned with, unlike what I was taught: Kill them all & let God sort it out. I had some tough trainers. And lets just say I have seen what I was taught and what is reality maybe two different things. I still don't trust voodoo doctors, though..]<<<<<
--Ferret (13:19:03/ 01-18-74)

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #37 on: <01-18-12/1342:34> »
>>>>>[Read it and weep, Ferret.

Quote from: Aetherpedia Entry: Vampiric Pawns
Also called “Igors” or “Renfields,” depending upon local vernacular. A term used to describe a metahuman addicted to an alchemical compound derived from the blood of HMHVV I-Infected individuals. Primarily created by vampires and nosferatu, this drug (referred to on the street as “Renfield”) can be produced by any HMHVV I expression with the proper equipment and ritual knowledge. It is reportedly becoming more popular amongst wendigos.

While popular culture portrays vampiric pawns as deformed and pitiable manservants, the truth is that they are all but  indistinguishable from other metahumans. They are used to perform services that the creating vampire cannot and to act as intermediaries for the vampire.

So yes, there are people who get addicted to the Infected. And with the vampire and other such types, you see all the drek on the trid. Weepy teenage girls especially love the whole 'immortal beauty' angle. Idiots.

As for the Infected themselves, if you let one feed on you, especially if you're Awakened, you're a fool. But it is true that they aren't all mindless killing machines. A lot of them are feral, though, and you're best bet is to put as many rounds as possible into them as you can, from the safety of an armored vehicle. If I had to pick any to deal with, I'd say ghouls. Bodies are easy to come by. Vamps have to feed on your essence, and that doesn't come back. Either way, it is just slightly safer than dealing with dragons.]<<<<<

--Iceblade (13:42:42/01-18-74)
« Last Edit: <01-18-12/1409:42> by Mirikon »

My Characters

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #38 on: <01-18-12/1421:55> »
>>>>>[When dealing with Feral Infected or the hostile non-feral types, drones are your friends.  Just have lots of Cleaner-Cleaner on hand to wash them down to prevent infection afterwards.  No offense to the Infected folks here, but if someone's coming to eat my spleen, I'm putting that someone down.

It's one of the few things in me that's still stock.]<<<<<
      --  Money Johnson (14:21:21/01-18-74)

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

wylie

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #39 on: <01-19-12/1810:27> »
>>>>>[Oh, from what I see, there are many things in you that are stock. Just whose stock is the question.
      On this Lady of mercy. What are the chances she is one of these Renfields? How far will they go for their fix?.]<<<<<
--Ferret (18:10:23/ 01-19-74)

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #40 on: <01-19-12/1816:19> »
>>>>>[They say the Lady ends the suffering of those near death, either at their own hands or by the ravages of disease. She hunts the streets at night, but never takes the unwilling.]<<<<<

--Faust (18:16:14/01-19-74)

My Characters

wylie

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #41 on: <01-21-12/2227:55> »
>>>>>[Just wondering if she is someone worth knowing. Which streets has she been sighted on?]<<<<<

--Ferret (20:27:12/ 01-21-74)

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #42 on: <01-21-12/2241:31> »
>>>>>[I know not where she makes her lair, but if one is near Capitol Hill, and looks close to taking their life, she will appear. Those who live in the gutters love the Lady, and will see to it that none harm her.]<<<<<

--Faust (22:41:34/01-21-74)

My Characters

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #43 on: <01-21-12/2318:51> »
>>>>>[Something tells me she's the type you'd only want to know if you're willing to end it all.  Uncle Murphy looked up some information on her after...  Well, never mind.  If you want the details, PM me.]<<<<<
      --  Murphy (23:18:10/01-21-74)

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

wylie

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #44 on: <01-25-12/1803:07> »
>>>>>[Maybe we need to have this 'Lady of Mercy' pay a visit to a certain policlub..]<<<<<
--Ferret (18:02:12/ 01-25-74)