NEWS

Ares Macrotechnology and Insect Spirits

• 131 Replies

Hiddenhope

• Newb
  • There is always hope
« Reply #120 on: <02-21-12/0943:05> »
There's no central authority in Libya in the Sixth World to revolt against - hell, Libya the nation no longer exists.  It's not a bad idea, it just may need to be staged elsewhere.  Unless the multi-megacorporate plus nations backdrop of the Desert Wars is part of your concept?

Well the idea first came to me when I read the sixth world Alminac and saw that Egypt had been turned into a space filling empire (AH term) and had absorbed Libya. I don't have the book on hand right now but I think it mentions, that something is about to go down in Egypt. So the revolution could be helping an independence movment. Then again its been over 60 years in the timeline since Libya was absorbed so I am sure that no-one remembers the nation.

Well the scenario can easily be transplanted to another location. Perhaps someone wants to get China together again?
Anyway, I like the idea as it shows that the Insect Spirits are getting smarter.

Longshot23

• Omae
« Reply #121 on: <02-21-12/0948:02> »
There's no central authority in Libya in the Sixth World to revolt against - hell, Libya the nation no longer exists.  It's not a bad idea, it just may need to be staged elsewhere.  Unless the multi-megacorporate plus nations backdrop of the Desert Wars is part of your concept?

Well the idea first came to me when I read the sixth world Alminac and saw that Egypt had been turned into a space filling empire (AH term) and had absorbed Libya. I don't have the book on hand right now but I think it mentions, that something is about to go down in Egypt. So the revolution could be helping an independence movment. Then again its been over 60 years in the timeline since Libya was absorbed so I am sure that no-one remembers the nation.

Well the scenario can easily be transplanted to another location. Perhaps someone wants to get China together again?
Anyway, I like the idea as it shows that the Insect Spirits are getting smarter.

It's your campaign - stage your idea where you like. IIRC, there was something about comparatively new hives in Egypt.

redwolf

• Chummer
« Reply #122 on: <02-22-12/0242:15> »

It's your campaign - stage your idea where you like. IIRC, there was something about comparatively new hives in Egypt.

it is not in swa last time i looked .
yes i'm red and it's not blood, and no i'm no comy i'm just red, so are you going for that pis' or going away!!!

Angelone

• Ace Runner
  • A decent perfection
« Reply #123 on: <02-22-12/1848:11> »

it is not in swa last time i looked .

The new hives are mentioned in Conspiracy Theories.
REJOICE! For bad things are about to happen.
la vida no vale nada

Red

• Omae
  • Good plans load the dice. Good stories trump them.
« Reply #124 on: <02-23-12/0354:36> »
One more reason to pick it up. Pyramids, ancient magic, insect hives... oh, that goes down smooth...
"My writing is more akin to a cook than a farmer: give me the pieces, and what comes out of it is greater than the sum of it's parts. Give me nothing, and I just stare dumbly. It's a failing, but then, it's also a living."

ShadowSea, for my players.
http://shadowsea.webnode.com/

Patrick Goodman

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Fixing the fixless since 2016
« Reply #125 on: <02-23-12/0940:19> »
Interesting definition of "smooth" you have there.... ;)
Former Shadowrun Errata Coordinator

Red

• Omae
  • Good plans load the dice. Good stories trump them.
« Reply #126 on: <02-23-12/1019:23> »
You got that right. Just ask my players. ;)
"My writing is more akin to a cook than a farmer: give me the pieces, and what comes out of it is greater than the sum of it's parts. Give me nothing, and I just stare dumbly. It's a failing, but then, it's also a living."

ShadowSea, for my players.
http://shadowsea.webnode.com/

peregruzka

• Newb
« Reply #127 on: <08-04-18/1434:04> »
Hi everyone!
Were hesitating to post right here or just create a new thread.
Starting Sacrifical Lamb with my friends and as a GM I'm trying to get everything I can about Ares and Insects.
A lot of questions ^^
I know that Ares fought against them (Burning Bright and Bug City).
Ares invented some astral killing bactery and then "freed" Chicago.
Then Ares started to make dogs and critters as hosts for insects with insect's shaman brainwashed (Threat 2)
Ares have access to insect's world or the world infected with. (Street magic 4)
Were trying to find more about attack in Denver Roger Soaring Owl so today I've discovered in the end of Street Legends that Damien Knight use human hosts.
Question 1) Why the hell no corporate blocus or something on Ares? Or is it actually ok nowadays to use insects like corpo assets?
Question 2) Can someone make me a sum of events that I'm missing? And if someone can make something like chronology it'll be great!

Longshot23

• Omae
« Reply #128 on: <08-05-18/0831:05> »
Hi everyone!
Were hesitating to post right here or just create a new thread.
Starting Sacrifical Lamb with my friends and as a GM I'm trying to get everything I can about Ares and Insects.
A lot of questions ^^
I know that Ares fought against them (Burning Bright and Bug City).
Ares invented some astral killing bactery and then "freed" Chicago.
Then Ares started to make dogs and critters as hosts for insects with insect's shaman brainwashed (Threat 2)
Ares have access to insect's world or the world infected with. (Street magic 4)
Were trying to find more about attack in Denver Roger Soaring Owl so today I've discovered in the end of Street Legends that Damien Knight use human hosts.
Question 1) Why the hell no corporate blocus or something on Ares? Or is it actually ok nowadays to use insects like corpo assets?
Question 2) Can someone make me a sum of events that I'm missing? And if someone can make something like chronology it'll be great!

Answer 1: "It's an internal Ares situation and problem. Events do not require a Corporate Court response at this time. That is all."
Answer 2: Ares mucking around with insect spirit merges goes back to at least 2063-64 (probably further, but that's when it was first outed). They had ~9 years of institutional experience in bug-fighting at that time. Any timeline is going to be theoretical because it was kept successfully under wraps until 2072 with that business involving Soaring Owl. Things apparently started to fall apart over the next 3-5 years. It has been covered in Spy Games, Conspiracy Theories, Street Legends, Hazard Pay, Clutch of Dragons (had the least material), Dirty Tricks and Storm Front. Cue the change to SR5, and the plot thread didn't get picked up again until Forbidden Arcana and Dark Terrors (because most attention was directed at the CFD plot).

peregruzka

• Newb
« Reply #129 on: <04-17-20/1017:43> »
hi chummers!

making a campaign right now with ares infestation.
So it would be really nice if someone can summum
since "sacrificial lamb" and "conspiracy theories" what happened?

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #130 on: <04-17-20/1022:51> »
Well for starters Cutting Black happened, which exposed what Ares was doing and how wrong it went. Now we have 'good bugs' in Detroit tower that team up with Ghouls and Runners to hunt down Bad Weaponized Bugs.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

peregruzka

• Newb
« Reply #131 on: <04-24-20/0733:33> »
Ok , so must say thanks for nothing first of all ,looks like noone is coming to this section of forum.
Thought could possibly find here my answers,but no, I've find then elsewhere between reddit and my own search.

Thanks Michael for your answer at least youve tryed to give me some information and answer my question.
But when you say  for starters Cutting Black happened its not the case.
After a lot of stuff between "Conspiracy theories" and 6th Edition,  Cutting Black is happening.

So answering my own question:

after sacrifial lamb and cospiracy theories here goes "Storm Front" with the death of Nicholas Aurelius Junior in Exit Row

The 5th edition then develop slowly the Ares story with:
- Hard Targets and Market Panic ( Ares update )
- Cutting Aces ( Ares continue to merge Vogel supporters and kills Firewatch teams while Ravenheart resist as she can)
- Dark Terrors  (description of insects spirit and Vogel's explosion)

The 6th edition then goes with Cutting Black that resolves Vogel Fate ,and other questions from 5th edition.