Shadowrun Play > Rules and such

[S6E] Some TM questions

(1/5) > >>

Sugarpink:
Hi!

We recently started gaming with a Technomancer and have to say, there are some things that left us scratching our heads:

1) Diffuse [Matrix Attribute] - The whole TM section does not list any info on what is a viable target. So, it makes sense to me that you can diffuse a Device/Persona. But can you use this power also on Hosts? At least I can't find any reference as to hosts being immune to this, but it seems weird because I am sure this wasn't possible in 5E.

2) Pulse Storm is listed as Instant. But how long does the noise last? One Turn? Forever? Should it actually be Sustained instead of Instant...?

Thanks for answers in advance <3

Banshee:
1) anything with a matrix attribute is a viable target
2) until the end of the encounter or the target does something to mitigate it

Sugarpink:
Thanks for the reply!

I have one more question. If you use Pulse Storm multiple times on the same target, does the noise keep increasing, or does only the highest value apply?

Thanks in Advance :)

Hobbes:
The general rule in Shadowrun is that the highest modifier from a specific source applies.  Unless a specific item, power, ability, whatever, says otherwise it does not stack with repeated applications. 

tl;dr, take the highest. 

You can stack Pulse Storm with a Jammer or other sources of Noise. 

Dreamwalker:

--- Quote from: Banshee on ---1) anything with a matrix attribute is a viable target

--- End quote ---

Thanks for the input. I'd like to get some further clarity on this.

The CRB states that a hosts attributes are shared by its IC programs (p. 185, City Edition Seattle). So, when a diffusion targeted at a host reduces an attribute, are all the hosts IC programs effected? Does that equally apply to IC already running and new IC being launched while the diffusion is sustained?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version