NEWS

[IC] Underworld 93 - Mach 2073

• 92 Replies

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« on: <03-16-11/1449:01> »
OOC Note: Events in this thread build up to SRM 04-01 Hiding in the Dark.  Once that adventure is released, please, avoid spoilers as always.  Also, when discussing PDF releases, note that any book that will be released in "hard copy" is not valid and legal for Missions until it sees print, so avoid spoilers and utilizing events and items from that book until it's officially released.

Bull

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1 on: <03-16-11/1451:31> »
>>>>>[Rumor has it Knight Errant's Special Crimes Task Force lost a couple undercover agents this week.  Anyone know what happened?]<<<<<
     -- SPD (14:51:23/03-16-2073)

Chrona

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2 on: <03-16-11/1536:37> »
>>>>>[SCTF? Not my usual crowd... Or food. They'd shoot me on sight. Well they'd try. Either way, it's not my fault.]<<<<<
     -- Chrona (19:36:57/03-16-2073)

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #3 on: <03-16-11/1549:08> »
>>>>>[They weren't the ones infiltratin' the Underground, was they Bull? If they were, I have a good idea where you might find 'em.]<<<<<
     -- Bear (14:47:07/03-16-73)

Chrona

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4 on: <03-16-11/1601:28> »
>>>>>[Think your 'links playing up Bear, that was SPD. As for where to find them... strung up by protesters?]<<<<<
     -- Chrona (20:01:07/03-16-73)

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #5 on: <03-16-11/1629:01> »
>>>>>[Not sure if they was SPD or not, since they weren't carrying IDs. As for disposal, I hear the ghouls aren't quite as hungry as they were last week.]<<<<<
     -- Bear (15:27:40/03-16-73)

Chrona

• Prime Runner
« Reply #6 on: <03-16-11/1646:32> »
>>>>>[No..No Bear I mean the poster... It was SPD not Bull.. Nevermind..

And I, at least, am quite hungry. None of SCTF in my stomach. BRB, Raiding my cages for a good meal.]<<<<<
     -- Chrona (20:01:07/03-16-73)

Bull

• Ace Runner
« Reply #7 on: <03-16-11/1843:02> »
>>>>>[Bear, might want to get your Reality Filter checked.  I'm neither ork nor decker (nor bovine), just a broke down old retired Seattle Police Officer. I've been keeping my ear to the ground to see how the new top cops in town have been handling things. Lone Star was corrupt, but they were a familiar corrupt.  KE brings in a whole different level of play.
    From what I've heard, the KESCTF (Boy, that's a mouthful) has been working with that new A.D.A., Oaks, to crack down on organized crime. The Mafia's been muscling into the Yak and the Triad's turf in Downtown, and things have been getting bloody.  Supposedly the SCTF put a couple of their best undercover agents into play months ago, getting in with the Mob, and they both went dark over the last week or two.  Couple that with the rising body count, and sounds like somethings going down.]<<<<<
     -- SPD (18:42:17/03-16-2073)

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #8 on: <03-16-11/1853:44> »
>>>>>[kkzzZzZTT -at? Stoopid piec- zzZAAAzz -ckwork's gonna pay for selling me dre-KKZKZZZZZZzzzzzzz.... CONNECTION LOST -- PLEASE FORWARD ALL MAIL TO <missing tag>]<<<<<
     -- Bear (17:49:28/03-16-11)

[Teach me not to look at the post info...]

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #9 on: <03-16-11/1900:22> »
>>>>>[We lost an employee there also. He knew one of the sneaks, and went in to investigate. We pay for any info on his fate. I have nothing besides that... For now.]<<<<<
     -- NiSayer (20:21:11/03-16-2073)
Mariusz "Kot" Butrykowski
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup."

Bull

• Ace Runner
« Reply #10 on: <03-16-11/2250:34> »
>>>>>[Word has it that Tosh is looking to hire some runners to look into things, since his Task Force has been coming up dry (and losing men really pisses him off). He's not going through me though, so dunno who he's looking for or what exactly he wants done.  Probably some payback.
     Also the news vultures are starting to circle.  I've had Joe Martin from NewsNet ambush me twice in the last week.  He's a sneaky little fragger.]<<<<<
     -- MacCallister (22:50:52/03-16-2073)

Mystic

• Freelancer
  • Omae
  • Word Mercenary
« Reply #11 on: <03-20-11/1039:48> »
>>>>>[Couple of my contacts, and good freinds, turned up dead. One floating face down in the Sound couple of days ago and the other with a devil rat stuffed in his mouth. One was my ear into the Yaks, other Mafia. I checked around with some other contacts, but right now everyone seems to be either too scared to talk or is keeping their heads down. Infornation security within the organizations seems to have gone WAY up and anyone caught talking is being dealt with, period. Whatever KE and Oaks have in the works, it's making someone(s) nervous. Damn, I wish I hadn't gotten sidetracked with an inquary from another associate. I should have...heard SOMETHING. Speaking of which... ]<<<<<
     -- Sunny Daze (10:39:05/03-20-2073)
Bringing chaos, mayhem, and occasionally cookies to the Sixth World since 2052!

"Just because it's easy for you doesn't mean it can't be hard on your clients"-Rule 38, The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries, Schlock Mercenary.

Chrona

• Prime Runner
« Reply #12 on: <03-20-11/1147:08> »
>>>>>[Anyone heard from Bravo Six in a while? He used to be a regular...?.]<<<<<
     -- Chrona (15:46:07/03-20-73)

DWC

• Omae
« Reply #13 on: <03-20-11/1323:03> »
>>>>>[Odds are that he's got bigger things to spend his time on than this.  I know I've had weeks or months of my life where I fell off the face of the earth.  Hell, I was declared legally dead three weeks after the Second Crash.

I do have to wonder if I'm the only one who thinks it is a good thing that the organized crime syndicates, who've historically been the second biggest source of informants and security leaks behind the House of Representatives, is finally putting some minimal effort into internal security.  They're definitely up to something big, but I'm glad to see that for the first time in decades, that something big isn't going to be getting arrested, telling a federal prosecutor everything they know about everyone they've ever met, and getting moved to Ohio by the Witness Protection Program.]<<<<<
     -- Vice (15:59:23/03-20-73)

Mystic

• Freelancer
  • Omae
  • Word Mercenary
« Reply #14 on: <03-21-11/0738:19> »
>>>>>[Dropped that very question in another thread, Chrona. That thick-headed groundpounder has pulled a vanishing act on me and every other contact he has. I'm deathly worried, call it intuition, but I can't do anything about him now; I've suddenly got my own problems. Too many Union and sushi types suddenly want to hire me and they ain't taking no for an answer. Gee, usually a girl likes to be popular.]<<<<<
     -- Sunni Daze (07:37:00/03-21-73)
Bringing chaos, mayhem, and occasionally cookies to the Sixth World since 2052!

"Just because it's easy for you doesn't mean it can't be hard on your clients"-Rule 38, The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries, Schlock Mercenary.