NEWS

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Rules and such / Recovering Edge
« Last post by Baron_Erich on Today at 16:52:51 »
Hi,
New user here with a (hopefully) simple question.

This question came up in a recent game and I can't seem to find a clear answer to it.
How do you recover edge?
Specifically, can edge earned in combat be carried over after the combat ends?

Thanks
Rules and such / Re: (6e) Heading into Astral Space - Some questions
« Last post by Xenon on Today at 13:45:58 »
You are not bound to physical laws when projecting. You can fly up to the roof through the building or outside the building. Physical floors, ceilings and walls are not even solid on the astral plane to begin with. They will not even slow you down as you pass through them. Even living entities are not solid on the astral plane. The only thing that is solid on the astral plane is active magic. Going full speed into a ward might knock you out before you realize that it was blocking your path.

... ivy and bacteria-walls blocking astral passage.
Anything that is magical active / have an actual astral form will typically cause issues for a projecting magician.
Rules and such / Re: (6e) Heading into Astral Space - Some questions
« Last post by Tnirb on Today at 13:15:10 »
another thing came to mind. Can a projection mage fly in astral space? If he stands at the foot of tall building do he need to "astral walk, run" all the way to the top, or can he just fly up and enter the top floor from the outside there by bypassing magical security inside the building?

Just read some thing about ivy and bacteria-walls blocking astral passage. Is this still relevant in 6th edition?
It was announced via Facebook, with a time frame of "later this year".  Which probably means late this year.
CGL doesn't announce release-dates until they have the physical book in their warehouses, unfortunately.
Rules and such / Re: Vision/Line of Sight Questions
« Last post by princeangore on Today at 01:03:10 »
Thank you Sir!! That is the information I was looking for!
Was this announced?  when does it come out?
Rules and such / Re: Attack from cover, minor action?
« Last post by Finstersang on <01-27-22/1845:12> »
Oh, I like that thereīs a tradeoff here. Iīd just rather have something that closely scales with the rating of the cover and doesnīt undermine core mechanics of the system.
« Last post by Michael Chandra on <01-27-22/1838:21> »
Cover IV gets me 4 DR and 4 defensive dice extra, that's the best boost I can get. I'll gladly make sacrifices to compensate for that.
« Last post by Finstersang on <01-27-22/1836:51> »
TBH, I just decided to completely houserule the whole thing. Iīm currently going with what Iīd consider an actual simplified version:

• Cover Grants +rating to the Defense Pool and the Defense Value AND LIKEWISE...
  • ... it also reducess the Attack Pool and Attack value by its rating UNLESS...
  • ... You spend an additional Minor Action for the shot.
  • Note: This Minor action reflects quickly moving in and out of Cover instead of awkwardly shooting around the corner without proper aim. Since I also allow delayed Ranged attacks (a thing for another threat), this also bears the Potential of getting shot at just when you stick you head out.
  • Smartguns and Periskopes make shooting without sticking your head out easier. For both, the negative Modifiers to the Attack Pool and Attack value are halfed (round down).
  • Obviosuyl, nothing about Edge  ;)

Itīs probably not perfect, but itīs at least somewhat intuitive.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10