NEWS

Street Legends Review

• 209 Replies

Wolfboy

• Omae
  • life sucks, deal with it
« Reply #135 on: <09-27-11/1809:20> »
I have to agree with FJ about the final non dossier story, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot Mr. Knight? I mean, sure this is gonna mean a slew of new Ares/KE jobs, as other corps going after them, not to mention that the big guy in Denver is going to pick RSO's brain apart about it, (probably literally).  which is going to mean at least a couple missions from him, but gods, talk about arrogant.

as to the book, loved it. I havent had enough time to go through all the bio's and backgrounds, but i did read all the "extra" sourcebook fiction and loved it to death. Having worked online with "hawk" back in the old Shadowrun Writers Forums I have to say that his Bio hit me as the most accurate, but then again i would expect it to since it would have had his input.

Personally i think we need a thread, probably up in the "Underworld 93" section that allows up to post our own shadowtalk to all the dossiers and other sourcebooks, but thats just my thoughts on that.

Aina, well i liked the character and will miss her, but i can't wait for more novels. not to mention another set of HQ missions.

This is Wolfboy AKA Rajvik Donna, Signing off
May god grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, to change the things I can, and the firepower to make the difference.

Suicide is never the answer, now homicide on the other hand, that has posibilities.

7.62 Russian, when it absolutely has to be done under budget

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #136 on: <09-27-11/1916:23> »
Personally i think we need a thread, probably up in the "Underworld 93" section that allows up to post our own shadowtalk to all the dossiers and other sourcebooks, but thats just my thoughts on that.
That, my boy, is a most intriguing idea...

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #137 on: <09-27-11/2222:57> »
That, my boy, is a most intriguing idea...

Not a bad idea.  We'll kick things off with Street Legends then.

Be sure to read the posting rules, and have fun! :)

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #138 on: <09-27-11/2352:31> »
Glad you liked the fic, Wolf.

Mason

• Ace Runner
  • You don't know as many spells as I do, omae!
« Reply #139 on: <09-28-11/1213:41> »

Gret idea! I already write shadowtalk with some of my characters (After they gain enough rep to be considered by the group to have been invited, usually), why not have everyone do it? ^_^

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #140 on: <09-28-11/1219:14> »
Considering the number of characters I made for Shadowtalk from when I was doing news reports from ShadowSEA that my group got...  *Sighs*  That I don't think they ever read...
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #141 on: <09-28-11/1258:15> »
Considering the number of characters I made for Shadowtalk from when I was doing news reports from ShadowSEA that my group got...  *Sighs*  That I don't think they ever read...
Well, we'd definitely read them here. ;)

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #142 on: <09-28-11/1332:45> »

I'll second that. I really loved working on I Am Legion just to show off a day in the life of a fixer who cuts across strata from political to street fixing, though the best example of that is in Loose Ends.

Catadmin

• Freelancer
  • Chummer
  • Is this Kansas?
« Reply #143 on: <09-30-11/1539:14> »

Ditto on this. Thank you for posting your review, too.
Brandie Tarvin
Author / DBA / SR Freelancer
blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.net
Twitter: WannaBeWriter06

Now Available - Space Tramps (Flying Pen Press) and Latchkeys Unlatched (on Kindle and Nook)

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #144 on: <09-30-11/1720:38> »
I can't recall if I mentioned it before, but I seriously considered making references to Nadja Daviar's sex appeal and certain features in her writeup. However, good taste and better judgement stopped me (wordcount helped, too). However, I did put this in
Her return has caused a spike, and the increases in production and distribution of professional and fan-made creative products has created a collateral spike ranging from lawsuits to outright shadow activities between producers. (152)
so that between that tidbit and the existence of the Nadja doppelgangers one could plug their own material into it if they really felt compelled to say, have the PCs insert genetic faults into the biosculpting process between two competing bodymod shops so that something brown turns ... NOT brown. Or whatever.

Gah. That's icky, but that fucking reference will outlive us all and if I can't kill it I want to ruin it.

JM_Hardy

• Administrator
  • Omae
« Reply #145 on: <09-30-11/1725:14> »
I can't recall if I mentioned it before, but I seriously considered making references to Nadja Daviar's sex appeal and certain features in her writeup. However, good taste and better judgement stopped me (wordcount helped, too).

If good taste and better judgment hadn't stopped you, then your editor would have.

Jason H.
Jason M. Hardy
Shadowrun Line Developer

"The thing is, I’m serious about what I do, and the people with whom I associate are serious about what they do. We’re all serious people. Look, I can even make a serious face. See?" --Quinn Bailey

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #146 on: <09-30-11/1752:22> »
You say that now. I am very persuasive.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #147 on: <09-30-11/1838:31> »
You have sex appeal and certain features?
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #148 on: <09-30-11/1853:31> »
You have sex appeal and certain features?
Yes, No (No one should see that), and my persuasion skills generally can be described as the Dalton method. I'm nice until it's time not to be nice. Then I fight to kill. Pretty much SOP for lawyers.

I literally spoke the words "I am always right" as I walked into the room for the freelancer summit at GenCon. So confidence helps a lot.

Silence works amazingly well in-person, but not when the target, er ... partner is 1,000 miles away. Seriously, try it. Argument. Haggling. Just be silent and present and see what happens. It unnerves people and knocks them off-balance, but it requires patience.
« Last Edit: <09-30-11/1858:40> by James Meiers »

Phylos Fett

• Omae
  • Kind-of A Freelancer...
« Reply #149 on: <09-30-11/1903:24> »
Silence works amazingly well in-person, but not when the target, er ... partner is 1,000 miles away. Seriously, try it. Argument. Haggling. Just be silent and present and see what happens. It unnerves people and knocks them off-balance, but it requires patience.