• 6 Replies

Razhul

• Omae
« on: <07-24-15/1447:58> »
This is per Data Trails p.65

I have two slots open and am thinking about:
1) +1D6 Initiative module
2) -2 Noise module

Very tempted to just put Program Carrier with Configurator instead for the convenience of being able to completely change Attribute and Programs in my Free Action every turn.

Thoughts? What did you take?

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1 on: <07-24-15/1854:35> »
Depends on the deck, but noise reduction is always nice, although virtual machine has just so much flexibility...

talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Xenon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2 on: <07-24-15/1938:51> »
note that one cyberdeck module will be hardcoded into the board.
you might want to think carefully which cyberdeck module you use here.

the other cyberdeck module can be switched with just half a minute of work.
you might want more than one cyberdeck module to switch around with for this slot.

Multidimensional Coprocessor only work when you use your matrix initiative (cold- or hot-sim VR),
not the best option if you mostly do AR hacking (that use your normal physical initiative).

Rooks

• Omae
« Reply #3 on: <07-24-15/2328:04> »
usually just use hardening program carrier virtual machine or multi dimensional co processor in the cyberdeck premade module slot mostly cause if your cyberdeck gets bricked the book says the hardwired module is also useless I guess you could sodder it out and replace it with a new one maybe?

Xenon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4 on: <07-25-15/0537:16> »
Rooks,
Your posts are rather difficult to read as you refuse to use stuff like , and .
...as well as because you take shortcuts and leave half sentences out to make the reader guess your real intentions.

Is this what you were trying to post:

Usually just use hardening program, carrier virtual machine or multi dimensional co processor in the cyberdeck premade module slot. Mostly because if your cyberdeck gets bricked the book says the hardwired module is also useless. If you only use a cyberdeck module in the normal slot I guess you could remove it and replace it with a new one if your deck get bricked while the hardwired module would stay destroyed forever.

If so, then my reply is that:

GM might or might not allow you to hardwire another cyberdeck module onto your cyberdeck, destroying the first module and spending two more parts in the process.

DT p. 64 Cyberdeck Modules
Modules aren’t as robust as your average deck and are vulnerable to Matrix damage. If your deck is ever bricked, any module in it becomes a useless hunk of slag, even if you repair the deck.

DT p. 66 Device Modifications - Add a module
You can hardwire a cyberdeck module into a device. You need the module you want to add to the device ... This requires two packs of parts.
« Last Edit: <07-25-15/0544:43> by Xenon »

Rooks

• Omae
« Reply #5 on: <07-25-15/0957:34> »
Uh ya, so if your deck gets bricked, what are you supposed to do with the cyber module thats hardwired in? Can you just not use another module? Do you have to spend more parts? is it a one time use thing? some rules on this would be nice.

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #6 on: <07-25-15/1024:47> »
I'd rule you can remove the defect module without parts but with the same test you used to put it in, freeing up that slot.
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex