NEWS

Alea Iacta Est (OOC)

• 377 Replies

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #330 on: <06-16-17/1602:06> »
@MDMann 1 net hit means that damage gets staged up to 7P, so Dan-Dan's armor takes 7 boxes.

@rednblack The target still has a bit of armor left, plus bone lacing that eats 2 boxes of damage [not absorbed by armor] from each shot. After armor, she takes 2S from the first shot and 6S from the second shot. That leaves her with 8S and questioning her life choices.

CharacterInitiative     DistanceCondition     ArmorPlot Points     Edge     Notes
Shiriki's rotodrone4Medium0P9 + Armor 1Per ShirikiPer Shiriki     
Swoopy3Short0S 6P451 of 3-2 wounds
#10 - greater fire spirit - Efreetiti     3on astral0S 2P0 + Immunity 3GMGMon astral
#7 - Doberman A3-6P0 + Armor 1GMGM-2 wounds, assault rifle
Shiriki2Far (in Dragon)     0S 0P1230 of 2
Dan-Dan2Short0S 0P535 of 6
#3 - male human2-0S 0P2GMGMSMG
#6 - male elf1-0S 0P12GMGMSMG
Chante0Far (at Dragon)0S 0P1233 of 6Invisible (2 hits)
#2 - female human0-8S 0P0GMGM-2 wounds, SMG
Chante's spirit of earth 2.0    0Far0S 0P12 + Immunity 3      Per ChantePer Chante     hauling Ité
Ité YeyΆ0Far?S ?P342 of 6Unconscious
#1 - male ork3-17S 0P0GMGMKO
#9 - ice elemental1-0S 17P0 + Immunity 3GMGMKO
#4 - human female4-13S 0P0GMGMKO, SMG
#5 - male ork0-12S 0P0GMGMKO, LMG
#8 - Doberman B1-16P0 + Armor 1GMGMKO, assault rifle
GMN/AN/AN/AN/AGMGM

Next steps
@MDMann IC for beating #3 with the butt of your knife, then getting shot in the butt by #6.

@rednblack IC for Shiriki's rotodrone's shooting #2 in the butt.

@Glorious, Part I Roll your Strength + Close Combat - Wounds roll against 1 hit. As stated previously, I'm fine if you use your bioware arms and your armor this time. And I'm also fine using the SR1-3 approach of "most hits wins and does damage, regardless of who was the 'attacker' in the initiative order" that you used on Swoopy's turn.

Tangent: I always that that rule was interesting. It made melee combat suitably terrifying, since it meant you could get hit at any point.

Second tangent: Reviewing the 3E rules, there was also a rule that if you were attacking with two sets of cyberspurs or hand razors then you would add 50% of your Strength to the damage code. You didn't get a bonus to hit, but if you did hit you would do more damage. The rule was only for cyberweapons, not melee weapons, for unknown reasons. Anyway, it's an interesting way to represent the benefits of attacking with two sharp and pointing objects instead of just one sharp and pointy object. It's also in contrast to SR5, where there isn't any real advantage to dual-wielding melee weapons. End tangent.

@Glorious, Part II Action to Swoopy.

GloriousRuse

• Chummer
« Reply #331 on: <06-17-17/1934:46> »
Nah, this is a no armor squabble.

Let's see if it's live or die time.

Struggle vs 1: STR 5 + Cc 2 + Arms 2 - Wnds 2 + Friends 1 = 8: 8d6t5 2

7P to soldier mcstabs.

And since we're still locked in, once more for all the marbles.

On the razors edge... 8, same as last: 8d6t5 4

That's going to be a bad day for the other guy.

Knife fight, base 7 - 2 wnds: 5d6t5 3

Who put up a noble resistance, but is now out of the fight with another 7P, for a total of 14P no armor

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #332 on: <06-17-17/2346:28> »
Swoopy has the Toughness quality so I'm subtracting 1 off his damage track. He's at 5P.

This gives him two extra dice to roll for stabbing the private in the privates. Offline rolling produces 1 extra hit.

Swoopy does 6P base. He has 1 net hit on the first test and 1 net hit on the second test and 1 net hit from the unrolled dice. That's 6P + 6P + 3P net hits = 15P.

The private has bone lacing, so that takes 2P off each hit.  That drops the damage down to 11P[/b, which is still critical]. The private is bleeding out.

#10 - Efreetiti
The fire spirit demateralizes per Chante's exploit and reconsiders its options.

#7 - Doberman A
Shooting Dan-Dan. Agility 8 + Vehicle Weapons 3 - Environment 2 - Wounds 2: 7d6t5 2 hits

@MDMann Dodge 2 hits. Base damage is 8P if you don't.

CharacterInitiative     DistanceCondition     ArmorPlot Points     Edge     Notes
Swoopy3Short0S 5P451 of 3-1 wounds
#10 - greater fire spirit - Efreetiti     3on astral0S 2P0 + Immunity 3GMGMon astral
#6 - male elf1-0S 0P12GMGMSMG
Chante's spirit of earth 2.0    0Far0S 0P12 + Immunity 3      Per ChantePer Chante     hauling Ité
#3 - male human2-0S 11P2GMGMKO, bleeding out, SMG
GMN/AN/AN/AN/AGMGM

Next
@MDMann, Part I Dodge 2 hits, and post an IC when you can.

@MDMann, Part II And it's action to Dan-Dan too.

@rednblack Action to Shiriki.

MDMann

• Chummer
« Reply #333 on: <06-18-17/0356:39> »
Dodge agility 6 + logic 6: 12d6t5 4 4 hits. Doggy dutifully dodged.

Right. Two actions. First is to heal Swoopy, second is to heal or stabilise private Pollack (it should be pollock since he's just been gutted like a fish). Not sure what gifted healer nets me, if it's extra hits or a Reroll. So that needs adding in.

Medicine 8  + logic 6 + gifted healer: 2#14d6t5 8 6 that's 8 hits to Swoopy and 6 hits to the pfc, without gifted healer. Obviously I'm not going to leave him in a state to continue the fight. At least not this fight.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #334 on: <06-19-17/0114:41> »
The Anarchy rules don't give us any guidelines on how Biotech is used. There is a rule that you can use a plot point to immediately heal a box of damage or repair a box of armor, but those actions are independent of any specific skill and can be performed by anyone with a plot point.

That leaves us in a situation where we either need to A) create our own Biotech rules, B) use an established precedent, like SR5 rules, or C) some combination of the above. Let's start with the SR5 rules and then modify them as we see fit. Here are the rules from p.205-6 of SR5.

Roll a First Aid + Logic [Mental] (2) Test, applyingappropriate modifiers from the Healing Modifiers table. (Characters using First Aid on themselves or others must also apply their wound modifiers to the test.) Each net hit over the threshold removes 1 box of damage; divide the net effect in half (rounded up) if the victim being treated is wearing any kind of full-body armor in order to represent the difficulty of treating the patient through armor.
Using the First Aid skill in combat requires a Complex Action and takes a number of Combat Turns equal to the number of boxes of damage the character is healing. This means the character applying First Aid must spend one Complex Action per Combat Turn providing care but may spend the rest of their Action Phases however they would like.

Modifiers in this case would be -4 for terrible conditions and -1 (rounding a bit) for Swoopy's implants. That would still leave Dan-Dan with 5 hits on his excellent roll for Swoopy. Normally we would divide that in half because Swoopy is most definitely wearing full body armor, but I'm willing to forgo that in this instance due to Glorious' "fuck it, no armor" bravery. That gives us 5 hits, or 3 net hits over the success threshold of 2, so Dan-Dan can patch up three boxes of damage on Swoopy if he takes three actions to do so.

The same math applies to Private Pollack, whose name does not allude to pollock because I've only ever had it once during a visit Boston seven years ago. (I was, however, tempted to make a joke about Private Pollack getting stabbed in the privates or the bollocks but I refrained from doing so because it undermined the gravitas of his life and potential death.) Dan-Dan would still have 4 hits, would would be 2 net hits over the threshold, which would be enough to stabilize Pollack and prevent him from dying. Freezing to death would be a separate issue.

That is my initial proposal for how to handle Biotech. If anyone has suggestions about how to revise the rules to stay within the spirit of Anarchy while still preserving a modicum of realism, then I'm open to consider them. In the meantime, I'll leave it up to MDMann to decide how he wants to spend his two actions, which in this case are worth one box of healing per action, up to a limit of 3 for Swoopy and 2 for Pollack.

#6 - male elf
I want to roll for Composure. Willpower 5 + Charisma 2: 7d6t5 0 hits, and if glitches were a thing in Anarchy (outside of glitch dice) then this would be a critical glitch.

Well that's fairly decisive. #6 decides that he's an elf and that he's going to have a long life ahead of him but only if he doesn't do something foolish like try to take on a SpecOps squad single-handedly. He breaks and runs.

Swoopy3Short0S 5P451 of 3-1 wounds
#6 - male elf0(retreating)0S 0P12GMGMSMG, morale broken
GMN/AN/AN/AN/AGMGM

Next
@MDMann Decide who you want to spend your two actions on. Two on Swoopy or split between Swoopy and Pollack? We'll save the remainder of your hits for future actions you may wish to take.

@Jayde Action to Chante

MDMann

• Chummer
« Reply #335 on: <06-19-17/0350:02> »
I'll split the actions I think. 1 hit is enough to stabilise him I would think, which is all that's needed. He takes his own chances with the blizzard (although there's a fire elemental nearby warming the environment).  So I'll dish out one apiece. I'll write it up this evening late.

I think Swoopys only carrying 1 wound anyway, although further healing might help any conditions he carries over. I'll treat him fully later if feasible or see what the next round brings.

Jayde Moon

• Administrator
  • Ace Runner
  • Shadowrun Missions Developer
« Reply #336 on: <06-19-17/1021:08> »
Chante should be down both one plot point and one point of edge.

I'm taking a moment to consider if Chante should do anything about the Remaining soldier, but I think the others have that taken care of, there's not much time.  The current Spirit of Earth is a lot stronger than the last one and should be moving a lot faster with Ite, but might benefit from Chante's help over rough terrain, stabilizing him so he can move faster without jostling him.  Her strength is 5, so she isn't a weakling.

IC post incoming, but that's what I'll be doing.

--EDIT--

Change of plans, was thinking Ite was on a litter somehow, but he isn't, just being physically carried...

Noted a Soldier had fired at the Spirit of Earth with a SMG, so she's in shouting range...

Going to try to intimidate her into giving up, going to grant a +2 situational modifier (it would be a lot more in non-Anarchy, based on the Social Rolls modifiers in the SR Core) and then +1 Dice for the Hypnotic Suggestion?  Is that legit?  It's only at 1 so I don't really get anything but narrative flavor for it, but that's one where just narrative flavor doesn't seem to work, it needs a mechanic behind it...

Intimidation: Charisma 6 + Intimidation 2 + Situational Mods 2 + Hypnotic 1: 11d6t5 4 hits (3 hits if we veto the bonus die for Hypnotic Suggestion)

Resist with Composure: Willpower 5 + Charisma 2 - Wound Penalties 2: 5d6t5 1 hit

So 3 (or 2) net hits.
« Last Edit: <06-19-17/1157:37> by Jayde Moon »
That's just like... your opinion, man.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #337 on: <06-19-17/1311:55> »
There's no mechanical / dicepool benefit for Hypnotic Suggestion until you get the amp to Level 2. However, the "narrative" benefit in this case is that Chante can shout down someone in the middle of a gunfight and actually be heard and have her meaning understood. #2's morale breaks and she limps away, following #6.

You're down to the #7 Doberman and the fire spirit. Shiriki's rotodrones can probably finish it off.

Swoopy3Short0S 4P451 of 3-1 wounds, Dan-Dan can mend 2 more boxes
Chante0Far (at Dragon)0S 0P1222 of 6
#6 - male elf0(retreating)0S 0P12GMGMSMG, morale broken
#2 - female human0(retreating)8S 0P0GMGM-2 wounds, SMG, morale broken
GMN/AN/AN/AN/AGMGM

Next
@MDMann IC post for dodging and applying first aid to Swoopy and Pollack.

@rednblack Action to Shiriki's rotodrones.

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #338 on: <06-19-17/1507:23> »
I have actions for both Shiriki, and the roto-drone that need to be dealt with, as well as an IC post from the last roto-drone's actions up through the present.

With the Fire Spirit de-materialized, Shirki is worried it will follow the logic of that last Spirit of Earth, so he's going to jack out, ready his assault rifle, and wait for something fiery and unfriendly to try to bbq him.  So, I guess this is the Anarchy version of Holding an Action.  I'm going to toss in a Perception test as well.  If he does ok, we'll say that Shiriki can see that the remaining UCAS soldiers are retreating, and he'll command the roto-drone to hit the last remaining Doberman.

Perception: LOG (7) + WIL (6) + Control Rig (2) = 15 dice: 15d6t5 3

We'll say this is Average Difficulty.
Average: 8 dice.: 8d6t5 3
Close, but it looks like the Roto-drone can get updates on targeting.

Roto-drone Attack
Drone Dogbrain Attack: AGI (8) + Projectile Weapons (3) - Wind (2) - Visibility (2) = 7 dice.: 2#7d6t5 4 0

Doberman Defense
AGI (8) + LOG (6) - Wounds (2) = 12 dice.: 2#12d6t5 2 5
It's hit on the first roll with 2 Net Hits, making damage 8S(e).  Armor drops it to 7S -- assuming it still gets Armor reduction after Armor has been depleted, but that should still knock it out.

On the Healing front, I'm not sure that I agree with applying 5e rules to the largely absent Anarchy mechanics.  Part of the draw is that Anarchy does away with large swaths of Modifiers, and I can't remember any Thresholds being applied in the book similar to the Healing threshold on Healing for 5e

Page 43 of Anarchy says, "Additionally, some characters are medics or magicians and can use an appropriate Skill to fix armor or heal a teammate, with each hit on the appropriate Skill Test healing a box of damage," which makes me think that no Threshold is intended.  There's also no mention of environmental modifiers.  One thing that I don't like about RAW here, is that it limits the time when I see PCs ever making use of spending a Plot Point to Heal a single box when even a lowly skilled Prime Runner could average quite a few points in Healing without reducing their own Plot Points or giving the GM more "ammunition."  It might make more sense for Healing skill tests to only be performed when the team is between combat scenes to help balance that out.

IC coming up.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #339 on: <06-19-17/1601:53> »
I'll be the first (well, second in this case) to express reservations about applying a crunch-heavy approach to first aid in a crunch-lite environment, but at the same time I needed to get something in place and keep the action moving. The Doberman is aptly dispatched by Shiriki's rotodrone so we can pause to discuss now.

Let's break it down into three components:
1) Threshold
2) Environmental modifiers
3) When first aid may be performed

Threshold
Rednblack found a good passage about first aid that doesn't mention thresholds, so we can update the ruling with that. Dan-Dan can heal up to 5 boxes on Swoopy and 4 boxes on Pollack.

Environmental modifiers
The GM's discretion to apply modifiers is clearly outlined on p. 38, with examples for environment and distractions that are highly relevant here. The guidelines recommend never going past +/- 5, which we didn't do. There aren't many ways in which the environment could be worse at the moment, unless the forest were on fire, or one of the participants were on fire, so I'm feeling quite content with the -4 modifier to represent darkness, weather, and distractions. Plus it conveniently mirrors SR5's -4 modifier for Terrible Conditions.

When first aid may be applied
Anarchy is more about freedom and possibilities rather than limitations and restrictions, so I wouldn't want to rule out the prospect of a dramatic rescue / stabilization in the middle of combat by limiting first aid to the time between scenes. At the same time, I don't want the players (or NPCs) performing trauma-level surgery over the course of a few seconds. I like SR5's "you must spend a Complex action each combat turn for ___ combat turns in order to heal ___ boxes" guideline. If Dan-Dan wants to patch up 5 boxes on Swoopy, great, but there has to be an opportunity cost there where Dan-Dan needs to work for 3 rounds (with 2 actions per round) while Swoopy sits still in order to keep things (semi-)realistic and reasonable.

The fact that Dan-Dan can do this without spending a plot point doesn't bother me. For one, I don't want to make healing and repairing into special skills that requires a plot point to operate when no other skills do. Second, I interpret the plot point as "buying" an automatic, single success. Even a Logic 1 character with no Biotech skill can do it, as long as they have the plot point to spend.

Next steps
We're out of combat for the moment. The physical opposition has been routed and the astral opposition does not re-materialize. Chante and Dan-Dan can see Efreetiti hovering out-of-reach on the astral, hostile and brooding, biding its time for an inconvenient opportunity.

@Everyone I want an IC from everyone to summarize what you're doing over the next 30 seconds or so, which presumably involves getting on the Dragon. That's enough time for Dan-Dan to stabilize Pollack, get to the Dragon, and then start working on Swoopy there.

Unless there are plans to the contrary, I imagine that you'll detonate your charges as you take off and head for home. At that point we'll take a break for karma, karma spending, and further discussion of Anarchy's rules, or lack thereof.

MDMann

• Chummer
« Reply #340 on: <06-19-17/1732:08> »
How long will Ite (in minutes roughly) have had since his stroke? Since time is a factor in treatment, that's got to be Dan's next move when he gets opportunity. He'll finish with Swoopy first mind, mostly as a combat decision.

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #341 on: <06-19-17/1817:31> »
Will Shiriki be able to get the Dragon airborne in this 30 second window?
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

MDMann

• Chummer
« Reply #342 on: <06-19-17/1840:05> »
Rolls for treating Ite, when there's opportunity. Spent an edge to increase hits before rolling.

Medicine 8  + logic 6 + gifted healer: 2#12d6t4 7 5.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #343 on: <06-19-17/1934:29> »
@rednblack Yes, more than enough time. Shiriki could probably get the Dragon airborne in five seconds, not that everyone can get on it that quickly. Dan-Dan can move quickly because his movement powers let him run on top of the snow, but Swoopy is going to be dragging ass due to his wound and a desire not to re-open the initial treatment.

@MDMann It's been about three minutes since Ité's cerebral hemorrhage. I'll let you pick whether it's a subdural hematoma, a subarachnoid hemorrhage, or an intracerebral hemorrhage. I would vote for the latter but it's up to you. We'll say that medical technology combined with astral senses are astute enough to determine the type without a CT scan.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #344 on: <06-21-17/1846:08> »
Site is back up, at least for the moment. Let's do those IC posts now before it goes down again.