NEWS

Deus' Return: An Alternate Theory [Data Trails]

• 25 Replies

Herr Brackhaus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #15 on: <06-10-15/1056:55> »
Like I said, Wyrm, I don't buy it. Keep on preaching though.

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #16 on: <06-10-15/1917:44> »
lets not also forget that the Chicago nanites can access Resonance, sure there might have been plans to slip some thing in, but just about ANYTHING could have hopped on board that little CFD train.
From To<<Matrix message>>
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
  • I Have Taken All Shadowrun To Be My Province
« Reply #17 on: <06-11-15/0019:59> »
What are 'Chicago nanites' from?  Season 5 Missions?
Pananagutan & End/Line

Old As McBean, Twice As Mean
"Oh, gee - it's Go-Frag-Yourself-O'Clock."
New Wyrm!! Now with Twice the Bastard!!

Laés is ... I forget. -PiXeL01
Play the game. Don't try to win it.

RiggerBob

• Chummer
« Reply #18 on: <06-12-15/2155:44> »
Lockdown with it's more aggressive modified nanite variant was strange enough... but nanites with access to resonance seem even more scary  :o
« Last Edit: <06-12-15/2158:49> by RiggerBob »

Herr Brackhaus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #19 on: <06-12-15/2209:46> »
No idea. Boston CFD nanites certainly don't have access to the Resonance, though they do create an effect similar to Technomancers due to the concentration of nanites in the brain. It's possible ScytheKnight just confused Boston and Chicago, and the Technomancer-like Matrix effect of the nanites with a Resonance connection.

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
« Reply #20 on: <06-13-15/0100:28> »
I believe it was implied that a) picofragments of enchanted obsidian somehow allowed technomancer sprites to affect the nanites, and b) that the nanites were building cyberware inside some of the headcases's brains.  The latter, at least, seems to me to suggest that they were constructing 'implanted commlinks', in order to communicate with other headcases of their kind.
Pananagutan & End/Line

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #21 on: <06-13-15/0137:40> »
Jumping in kinda late, but I'm pretty sure there isn't just one Foundation - each Host has its own and they are not connected. In other words, the Foundation is not the underpinning of the Matrix, but of an individual Host in the Matrix. I'm  not sure what sort of impact this has on the OPs musings.

Or maybe I missed a section in DT where it says that the Foundation is one substructure that all Hosts share.
Speech Thought Matrix/Text Astral

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
« Reply #22 on: <06-13-15/0237:09> »
It's at the very beginning of the discussion on p.83.  There is one Foundation, but each Host 'grows out of' a certain section of it, generates its own portion, its own nodes, that interface between the Foundation and that specific Host, and so they speak of a particular Host's Foundation as though it were a seperate thing, even though it isn't.  But going into a Host's Foundation is like the movie 'Inception' - there's that funky dream logic at work, just in that Host's Foundation.  It would, I think, be even more different/abstract/intense were you to dive into the deep Foundation itself.
Pananagutan & End/Line

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #23 on: <06-14-15/1945:58> »
No idea. Boston CFD nanites certainly don't have access to the Resonance, though they do create an effect similar to Technomancers due to the concentration of nanites in the brain. It's possible ScytheKnight just confused Boston and Chicago, and the Technomancer-like Matrix effect of the nanites with a Resonance connection.

Indeed... sorry, bad with names and tend to get them muddled.

I've not really read through Lockdown yet, so this is mainly coming from having played through Chronicles.

Basically from that there was a technomancer and an alchemist working together to attempt to create technomancer foci. A step in that was enhancing nanites with obsidian in an attempt to get them to connect with resonance in some way.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
« Reply #24 on: <06-14-15/2333:29> »
Not exactly.  As I related above, they were trying to (and presumably succeeded in) place picofragments of enchanted obsidian into the nanites, so that a sprite could affect them.  Of course, a sprite could affect them anyhow, as going by Stolen Souls, they are wirelessly enabled, thus essentially each is a Matrix persona.  I like the fiction work in Data Trails, though - treating the individual as a Host, and doing a dive into their Foundation ...
Pananagutan & End/Line

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #25 on: <06-15-15/0311:15> »
Like I said, aint read the books through yet, so I can only state stuff from the game and that at least is what they where attempting to do.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor