NEWS

Next mega to fall

• 119 Replies

Sithlis

• Newb
« on: <03-25-15/1826:20> »
With the looming release of Shadowrun Chronicles I've been thinking about which mega is going to be the Corp that has been promised to fall.

Ares has the the Excalibur PR problems and possibly bug issues.
Horizon  screwed up with the video footage against AZ
NeoNet is based in Boston so that's a possibility.

Those are the three that I believe are the most likely.
Anybody else have any ideas, thoughts, speculation?

psycho835

• Omae
« Reply #1 on: <03-25-15/2313:57> »
Don't forget about Horizon's fiasco with technomancers. And Ares' "experimental" bugs slipping their leash.

Personally, I think it will depend on whether or not Neonet's connection to CFD becomes public knowledge. If so, they are fragged. Otherwise, I'm putting my nuyen on Ares.

DeathStrobe

• Omae
  • Front Range Free Decker
« Reply #2 on: <03-26-15/0101:52> »
Its probably NeoNET, they're barely holding together as is and have 3 major power players trying to wrestle control of the company. Villiers, Celedyr, and who ever owned Erika.

Sithlis

• Newb
« Reply #3 on: <03-26-15/0300:54> »
Personally I'm hoping for NeoNet.  But all the trouble they've already had before (Novatech) makes me afraid it's gonna be Ares.   :-[   

Senko

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4 on: <03-26-15/0512:54> »
Could be a surprise one knocking another Japanocorp out of the top 10.

ShadowcatX

• Omae
« Reply #5 on: <03-26-15/0945:05> »
I can't believe that the problems Ares has had with one gun and a few bugs is enough to knock them out of the top 10, when Renraku survived the archology shutdown. I'd hate to see them go as well.

Sithlis

• Newb
« Reply #6 on: <03-26-15/1138:00> »
I think it's more than just a few bugs.

ShadowcatX

• Omae
« Reply #7 on: <03-26-15/1149:04> »
I know, its never just a few bugs. Still, unless Damien Knight truly has been inhabited / became an insect shaman, I doubt any number of bug spirits could cause as much of a setback as Renraku suffered with the archology. And surely they weren't that careless. . .

biotech66

• Omae
« Reply #8 on: <03-26-15/1308:24> »
Come'on Aries!  I hope you survive!  Anything that pulls my state out of the Drek can't be all bad!
Speech|Thought|Matrix|Astral

Sithlis

• Newb
« Reply #9 on: <03-26-15/1857:45> »
I think it's more of the information that Ares was trying to control the bugs  thst would do them in. IMHO it's seems that Joe Average has been far more terrified of bugs spirits than of AIs.  And honestly there are a lot more bug stories then AI stories in the shadows

Angelone

• Ace Runner
  • A decent perfection
« Reply #10 on: <03-26-15/2243:48> »
I think Wuxing might be in for a smack down after the stunt they pulled in Manhattan. The Azzies have also put a bit target on their backs with the anti-dragon tech and all the other things they are up to. Wasn't it them who disabled the Thor shots? If that gets out they are done.

I  doubt it's going to be a Japana corp, they haven't done anything lately.
REJOICE! For bad things are about to happen.
la vida no vale nada

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
  • I Have Taken All Shadowrun To Be My Province
« Reply #11 on: <03-27-15/0020:07> »
If it's one of the original Big 7, it'll be a transformation - though it's possible that one of the outriders (Evo, Wuxing, Horizon) could take advantage of the chaos and snap up the central 'we can't not be a AAA' corporation and solidify their presence.  That, I think, is what I'd do.
Pananagutan & End/Line

Old As McBean, Twice As Mean
"Oh, gee - it's Go-Frag-Yourself-O'Clock."
New Wyrm!! Now with Twice the Bastard!!

Laés is ... I forget. -PiXeL01
Play the game. Don't try to win it.

ProfGast

• Omae
« Reply #12 on: <03-27-15/0115:26> »
NeoNET would have the most history in falling as JRJ international went from itself, to Fuchi, to Novatech to NeoNET. 

That said the shakiest Mega to me has always been Wuxing, since it was only made AAA through a pile of bequests and taking advantage of a number of gifts + whatever geomantic shenanigans they have.  Granted they may have seemed to suddenly rise to power due to lots of previous behind the scene manipulation so who knows.

Horizon, the other new kid on the block, seems too proficient with spin to fall from public opinion alone, much like the Azzies.

And again as Wyrm said, the only way any of the 'founding 7' can possibly fall per Corporate Court rules is if they are acquired by another corp.  Ares, MCT, Shiawase and ORO/Aztechnology remain in their own hands.  BMW --> Saeder-Krupp, Keruba International --> Renraku, JRJ International -->NeoNET have changed hands since 2023, but not often and the last permanent to change hands happened in 2059.

The last Mega to fall happened in 2064 when its CEO was erased by the Matrix Crash.

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
  • I Have Taken All Shadowrun To Be My Province
« Reply #13 on: <03-27-15/0242:01> »
... kind of.  Fuchi collapsed because it was pushed (per se); Villiers wanted something he controlled entirely.  But you can't say that Novatech collapsed any more than you can say that Yamatetsu did; they merged with two other corporations to become NeoNET, 'New Novatech-Erika-Transys'.

I'd personally drop the 10 back to 8 - implode Horizon and have Evo get a hold of one of the original 7's organizational core.  By preference, I'd make that Ares - though considering Boston, the smart money's on NeoNET taking the fall, and JRJ International going somewhere else.
Pananagutan & End/Line

Old As McBean, Twice As Mean
"Oh, gee - it's Go-Frag-Yourself-O'Clock."
New Wyrm!! Now with Twice the Bastard!!

Laés is ... I forget. -PiXeL01
Play the game. Don't try to win it.

psycho835

• Omae
« Reply #14 on: <03-27-15/1520:37> »
I think Wuxing might be in for a smack down after the stunt they pulled in Manhattan. The Azzies have also put a bit target on their backs with the anti-dragon tech and all the other things they are up to. Wasn't it them who disabled the Thor shots? If that gets out they are done.

I  doubt it's going to be a Japana corp, they haven't done anything lately.

No way it's gonna be the Azzies. They are just too entrenched, both in- and out-of-universe.