NEWS

Tangled Currents - Eva & Cynthia

• 598 Replies

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #585 on: <01-28-17/1414:46> »
Monday 10 June 2075 1935 Strip Club Chinatown Barrens Seattle

>>Eva [Tanya]:  Marisa, it is good to hear from you.  I might indeed have a couple of ideas for people that might be interested in doing such a thing.  What are you offering for pay and when do you need answers?  <<
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

VegasRigged

• Omae
« Reply #586 on: <01-28-17/1449:01> »
>>I'll pay up to 2500 Nuyen initially depending on the caliber of the instructor. If he proves professional and effective I may retain his services for more then just instructing. Note that proficiency with squad tactics, small unit urban warfare and assault rifles are paramount.<<

I return my attention to Sian, dismissing Li Sheng  "I have a thought as to spreading reputation for us. I assume every neighborhood has a gang or a business, and the smaller gangs pay up to larger gangs and so on. I'm going to need material links for the leaders of some of the larger local gangs. A loc of hair, item of importance, something like that. The next time larger forces come calling, have the girls get what they can. Keep it quite but theirs a slight bonus depending on the quality of the material and the rank of the man it's taken from."

I draw out my own commlink and place an online order for the Dream spell formula to be delivered to my apartment. Once I get home I can study it and have a new trick up my sleeve.

For a moment I'm back in my office in Hong Kong, giving orders and writing memos for the company. Drafting plans for the tower or conducting grant funds into the Spire project. It had been a nice office, clean, orderly and peaceful. A place where tranquility and productivity merged in a handsome hues of orange and blue. A balance I worked for months to perfect. The desk had been actually wood, a gift from one of my professors, and the walls had been the classics paper and psuodowood sliding doors common to the Wuxong style. I had loved that office. I had enjoyed that job.

I close my eyes and center myself in the here and now, but the feeling of being homesick lingers.

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #587 on: <01-29-17/1558:02> »
Monday 10 June 2075 1936 Strip Club Chinatown Barrens Seattle

>>Eva [Tanya]:  I will see what that will get you and get back to you.<<

Sian smiles. "Yes, most neighborhoods have small gangs that control them and report to a bigger gang, just as in the larger sprawl.  No gang currently controls this neighborhood, but the club does get people in that come from outside.the area.  I am sure that Li Sheng can have your girls do as you ask.  You are a dangerous woman.  Where is your guard today?"

You receive confirmation of your order.

VegasRigged

• Omae
« Reply #588 on: <01-29-17/2214:19> »
"She is attending to other business." I reply idly. "It will also be valuable to have  samples from each of the girls in case they are lost and I need to locate them."

Just as I wouldn't tell Syl too much about Sian, I won't for the moment, tell Sian much about Sylvia.

My initial work done I take a moment to review the books, review our profits and those we do business with. The distributor of our smut will be essential to growing the business.

If their is a contact number for the man I will draft a quick message to him assuring him that while the rumors of new management are true, business will continue as usual as far as he is concerned. 

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #589 on: <01-29-17/2251:11> »
Monday 10 June 2075 1950 Strip Club Chinatown Barrens Seattle

Sian shrugs.  "It is good that you called me if your guard is busy.  These streets are not safe for the unwary."

It does not take long to go over the books since it has only been a couple of days since you were here last. 

You get an almost immediate answer to your message.  >>[Cho Fat]:  You better not be jerking me around.  I do not like that and people I do not like tend to have bad things happen to them.  Let's hope we can be friends, but to do that you need to get your production back on schedule.  You might be hell on wheels when it comes to taking other businesses over, but that does not make films which does not add to the bottom line for either of us.<<

VegasRigged

• Omae
« Reply #590 on: <01-29-17/2339:11> »
I note his reply without much concern. He will get his smut, and likely of better quality with a better cared-for workforce to make them. I make a note for Li Sheng to begin production of new smut post haste using only volunteers. If not volunteers are forthcoming, she may give a small bonus.

Then I close the notes.

"Sian, what do you know about the Vory?" I ask, regarding her with my full attention.

OOC: I'm having a thought about the look of this office, do you mind if I describe it?

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #591 on: <01-30-17/0201:24> »
Monday 10 June 2075 1953 Strip Club Chinatown Barrens Seattle

Sian gives you a thoughtful look. "The Vory?  Russian thugs and mobsters.  Usually very violent.  Criminal culture based on the Bratva family and loyalty to the boss.  Love ink, though most of it is from prisons and so is of little quality.  Did I say usually violent.  I think I did, but it should be emphasized.  I believe that we were out near a small Vory Bratva on Monday, weren't we?  By the way, I have not yet thanked you for letting me have those two men.  They will have their uses for some time to come, I hope." The memory of a young girl, a blast of fire that tore through an armored car, and a couple of mercenaries you gave to the girl comes to your mind.

She looks at you again. "Why are you interested in these criminals?"

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #592 on: <01-30-17/0211:49> »
OOC:  I meant to add that you can describe the office.  I appreciate the effort to collaborate in this way.  Thank you for asking first, but I like it if you can help in this way.  Thanks.

VegasRigged

• Omae
« Reply #593 on: <01-30-17/1540:10> »
"That was you?" I say, allowing my surprise to be seen clearly. I take a moment to consider then tilt my head slightly in understanding "Changing faces just as I cover my own. I suppose I shouldn't be surprised.

I stand from behind the desk and walk to the twoway mirror that looks out over the club. The lights dance faintly against me as I speak. "As to the Vory, they were the ones under attack the other night by Mercenaries. I met with their leader after the battle and we agreed to keep an eye out for each other. He wanted some of the mercs, I wanted some of them. He to torture for information, I to sell to the groups they wronged. Menu from such transactions should be applied here, to our joint business ventures."

I turn back to Sian "by the way, What did you do with your captured?"

Ooc: The office is rectangular, with the entrance at the south end. The west wall is entirely mirrored to the outside, allowing one to see the club clearly, but not for anyone in the club to see the manager. Th east wall has six chairs, gaudy things of fake gold, around transparaplast tables intended to look like glass. Bottles of booze reside on a shelf one the east wall. A safe is embedded in the wall, previously covered by a relatively amateur painting of the previous manager, but I destroyed the painting already and so for now the safe is obvious. Finally the desk sits at the end of the room. It is not so gaudy, but it is also cheap composite plastic under a fake wood finish. Some might not know the difference, but I do. Finally the rooms least attractive feature. The rug. Green and plus and smelly. If I can't have it removed professionally, I may be compelled to pull it up myself soon.

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #594 on: <01-31-17/1031:58> »
Monday 10 June 2075 1955 Strip Club Chinatown Barrens Seattle

Sian is quiet as she looks at you.  She nods and raises a finger before speaking.  "Do you have enough time to ask a lot of questions and hear the answers?  If you do, I will tell you some things.  If not, then this is a discussion best left for later.  At this time, I have secured the room so no one can enter and it is now soundproofed as well, so the only issue is if you want to listen to what I tell you."

VegasRigged

• Omae
« Reply #595 on: <02-17-17/2114:02> »
I check the time.

OOC: how long do I have until other stuff?

I nod and lean back on my chair. "Speak." My face is impassive. I will show now emotion as she tells her story, only listening with pensive attention and asking questions when they are warranted.

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #596 on: <02-18-17/1420:27> »
Monday 10 June 2075 1956 Strip Club Chinatown Barrens Seattle

Sian smiles and moves to lean comfortably against the wall opposite the window looking out at the main floor below the office. "I am not usually very comfortable telling this story, but I am a believer in fate and I feel sure that you were guided here by forces that would want you to know.  This could end very badly for one or both of us if you feel moved to do anything violent after hearing my story, but I am willing to take the risk."

"I am not human, but a true vampire.  I use the word true to differentiate myself from the poor copies that roam the sewers and hidden slums of  the wold's sprawls.  They are infected by some sort of disease and, while dangerous and fearsome, they are nothing like me.  I am that thing hiding in the back of the mind, the fear that creates nightmares and lives in them.  I have existed for a very long time, and have witnessed the entirety of human existence on this world.  I have hidden in shadows and have struck down countless souls to survive.  I am a practitioner of dark magics and there are few surprises left for me.  I am here on this world for a purpose that has not yet been made clear to me, but I feel strongly that I am now in the right place.  Most people walk in fear of me, even though they have no idea what walks among them, but you are not afraid and I think you can be trusted.  In centuries I have met very few people that I trusted enough to tell them what I am.  The usual result is a bunch of peasants with torches and pitchforks, but I am hoping that you are different."  Her eyes bore into you.  "Are you?"

VegasRigged

• Omae
« Reply #597 on: <04-04-17/2252:49> »
True vampire. Wow. What a load of crap. She wants to play it that way, fine. Let her roll with her crazy sense of self-importance.

"I'm not going to rat you out to the peasants. In fact I can use this quite well. Your ability to cause fear will be very useful moving forward." I take a moment to consider. It's a true statement. If she can make people afraid I can use their fear to train them against the other gangs.

I nod slightly "We are going to take over this cesspool. Fear of you will drive them to my loving and supportive arms and I will raise them up and make a force of them. When enough have turned you will have your pick of the people, your place within the plot revealed. The idea I'm running with right now, if you approve, is that we play out the mythical yin and yang. Light-" I point to myself "and dark." I point to her.

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #598 on: <04-05-17/0022:15> »
Monday 10 June 2075 1956 Strip Club Chinatown Barrens Seattle

Sian shakes her head. "I am not sure that I do approve.  Every time I expose myself, or get exposed by others, it usually ends badly.  I have powerful magics, but I am not able to kill everyone so usually just leave and move to another place I can hide out in.  I do admire forward thinking, though, so I am willing to listen to your plan.  Just do not expect instant agreement from me, please."

OOC:

Welcome back