NEWS

Al and Alyce - Second Chapter

• 393 Replies

adamu

« Reply #60 on: <01-20-17/1233:23> »
Wednesday, July 23rd, 2076

"Woman, the melodramatic shit you say. What kind o' self-hatin', no 'count weasel would want ya ta give up yer music or yer doctorin'?...Or anything else that makes ya who ya are, fer that matter. Nah, we is who we is, an' it works on them terms or it don't. As fer this weekend, though, seems like that'd be gittin' a bit ahead of ourselves, don't it? All things considered, I mean. Besides, can ya really see ol' Al traipsin' 'round some stranger's house in a funny little mask with The Elephant swingin' free fer a bunch o' middle-aged nymphos ta fight over? Shit on sliced turkey, toots, not in this lifetime. Tell ya what, you go on, see yer sex-hippie friends, an' I'll swing by, pick ya up after. We can git a late supper, yer not too tuckered out."

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #61 on: <01-20-17/1255:46> »
Wednesday July 23rd 2076

Alyce shakes her head.  "You are an amazing man, Al.  But I won't go this weekend if you don't come with me.  I do, however, confess to having a great desire to see the elephant and give it all the attention it deserves.  No, if you are not going to come and bless all the other women with your presence, I will not go either.  You can still come and get me for dinner, unless you want to spend more time with me."

She looks over at Al.  "You know, that movie got me thinking.  Would you be interested at all in taking a romantic train exploration on the Orient Express?  We could take a couple or three weeks and............."
« Last Edit: <01-20-17/1657:51> by Mercy Merchant »
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

adamu

« Reply #62 on: <01-20-17/1805:13> »

After Alyce's voice shyly trailed off from her rather next-step-ish invitation, Al was silent for some time. And then silent some more.  Then he shook himself and said, "Sorry, toots, miles away. Yeah, hell yeah, that's 'bout the best I idear I heard this year. When's she leave? Book us a coupla sleeper cabins, shoot me the bill. I can leave as early as next week. Definitely."

He put his feet down and clapped his hands together. "Alrighty, let's go. Know what I want, sure 'nuff." He was out in a flash and on Alyce's side, opening her door and eyeing her cleavage as he helped her out. As she stood in front of him he said, "Listen, yer gon' do what ya want. But you passin' up yer li'l hootenanny this weekend's got me bothered. Considerable bothered. I'd call it a boon if'n ya'd rethink that a bit." He put a scarred finger to her lips as she started to speak. "Nope, don't ask why, cuz I ain't up fer no woman talk. Jist don't say nothin' till ya pondered on it fer a bit, tell me later. Now, you gittin' anything, or is it jist ol' Al?"
« Last Edit: <01-20-17/1807:19> by adamu »

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #63 on: <01-20-17/2035:14> »
Wednesday June 23rd 2076

Alyce nods and does not say anything, but she does stick out a playful tongue and licks Al's finger as she gives him an impish grin. 

As they turn to go inside the shop, she says, "I will see if they have anything I like.  And I will make some reservations for the rail trip.  Adjoining cabins alright with you?"

adamu

« Reply #64 on: <01-21-17/0714:00> »

“Yeah, that’s what I was hopin’,” Al said as he looked around at the flash in the first shop. “Don’t wanna be no stranger or nothin’, jist a feller needs his own space, yer talkin’ ‘bout few weeks’ time.”

One of the names crossed off Al’s left upper arm had been done here in London, on this street, but that had been almost two decades earlier, and the place was gone now. Al’s other work had mainly been in New Orleans, Accra, Hamburg, and Seattle. So he needed to look carefully, make sure he found the right artist. Shouldn’t be a problem - there were probably a baker’s dozen quality joints on this street. Just had to sift them out from triple that number of tourist traps.

The first place was a non-starter, so they went on to the next, arm in arm. “Ya know, toots,” he said looking up at her, “they got UK tours too. Quick sprawl run down to Southampton, then a leisurely week ‘round the Western Habitable Zone - real nice in summer - night in Bristol - birthplace o’ psychobilly, that - ‘nother week inna Welsh Habitable - then they zip through Merseysprawl overnight so you don’t gotta look at it - after that ya got the Lake District, followed by Edinburgh, an’ finish up with a few days in the Scottish Habitable. But honest truth is, that Orient thing sounds great, too, so you pick. Or decide by which ya can git tix first.”

They were on their third shop now. Al was looking at the flash for someone with the right spirit, and for a place that had the sort of software he wanted. Finally he found some stuff on a wall that was suitably dark and out-of-the-box for his idea, and they had the gear he wanted. Next he looked at the artists. There was a beautiful girl in there with the sides of her head shaved, a brilliant shock of white hair falling to her waist, and a lean body wearing nothing but tight cut-off jeans, the better to display the intricate work gracing her torso. There was a dimensionality and otherworldliness that Al matched to the flash on the walls.

“Yo missy, who did yer work?”

She looked up from the woman’s calf she was working on and smiled. “That’d be Fletcher over there,” she answered in a heavy Eastern European accent. Hearing his name, a thick, hairy man in a denim vest and leather trousers waved from where he also was at work on a young woman -the two customers appeared to be friends.

“Well, Fletcher-amigo, reckon yer my man. Like yer style.”

“About an hour, mate.”

“Groovy. I gotta modify some previous - I see ya got the right imaging gear an’ so forth, mind if I git started?”

The man nodded and Al directed Robyn to a couple of seats. As he removed his boots and socks, he said to her, “Reckon that awesome work o’ yers is all one integrated piece, so s’pose you’ll wanna be careful ‘bout addin’ or detractin’ from it. Cool either way.”

Once his shoes were off, he placed them together and used a wand to scan the soles. Next thing they were displayed on a screen. They had some sort of writing on them that was so poorly executed that Alyce barely recognized it as Khmer, along with numerous small round scars she easily recognized as cigarette burns.  “I ain’t got no talent fer drawrin’, but this stuff is aces…” And using a combination of hand movements and vocal commands, he spent thirty minutes illustrating some sort of monster. A chill ran down her spine when she realized - by accessing the programs input in her headware - that it was an approximation (as least as much as two or even three dimensions would allow) of the thing they had stopped entering the Lyonesse metaplane.

When the man came over, Al said, “That’s roughly what I want - done incorporated the crap already there. Now I need you to give it life - like in them dark pieces on the wall.”

“Yeah, mate, I see what you’re going for. You do those letters yourself? Looks like you used bamboo and charcoal?”

“Sure. Basically means ‘fuck you’ in Cambodia-talk. Can you do that critter like I drew it, only yer way?”

“No worries. So you’ll be stamping on evil. Great metaphor.”

“Ain’t no damned metaphor. An’ once yer done, I need a speech bubble up here inna corner with the thing sayin’, ‘I suck cock like a skeezy bitch.’”
« Last Edit: <01-21-17/1159:01> by adamu »

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #65 on: <01-21-17/1747:35> »
Wednesday July 23rd 2076

Alyce nods and begins her search for rail tickets.  She has lived in London for forty years and has never seen the places that Al has just mentioned, so she checks ticket availability for that route first.  Happily, she finds adjacent cabins in the first class sleeper car and books them.  "Hey, Al, got us two on the Britain First tour.  Départs Monday next at half nine in the morning.  Pick me up or meet me there?"

She holds onto Al's arm as he walks from shop to shop, obviously looking for something in particular.  She approves of the one that he selects, but remains near the white-haired artist when Al goes off to Fletcher.  Alyce uses her enhanced senses to feel the young woman as she works and is pleased.  "Would you have time after your current customer?"

"Don't do butterflies or feel-good drek, but if ya want it a bit edgy, I am absolutely your girl.  Take a look at the design kiosk for some of my stuff or design your own."

Alyce watches the artist for a few minutes then goes to the kiosk.  She knows exactly what she wants and uses a drone as her eyes to set the design that she wants, taking the finished product back to the artist, whose name is apparently Solange, waiting patiently for the girl to finish her current project.  Fifteen minutes later, Solange wipes the back of her customer and pronounces her done.  Alyce steps up as the other girl gets off the table.  She hands Solange her design idea and removes her frock and frilly underwear as the artist looks at the design.

Solange shakes her head.  "A bit ambitious, but I am up to it if you got the time.  Come closer and let me look at the canvas I have to work with."

The artist watches Alyce move and the look in her eyes is not entirely professional.  Alyce has already felt the signs of an attraction for Solange and the other woman's pulse and breathing indicates she feels something, too.  After a long moment of staring, Solange leans forward and whispers, "By any chance....."

Alyce interrupts her by putting a hand behind the white-haired girl's neck and pulling her closer.  Lips touch and open in a sensuous kiss that leaves both women panting.  Two pairs of hands cup breasts and already hard nipples respond.  Solange gasps as she breaks from the kiss and steps back.  "Well, we won't get the work done like that, will we now?  Let me take a look at the skin I will be doing."

Solange draws her eyes across Alyce's skin then bends over and looks closer.  She straightens up and calls out.  "Fletcher, you got to see this."

"I've seen great tits before, Solange."

"No, you fragging asshole.  I am looking at an original Karseau here."

"No fucking way.  In my shop?"

Fletcher apologizes to Al and comes to look at Alyce.  The artist whistles, "Sure enough, Solange.  Karseau.  I never expected that."

"She wants me to add art to this."

Fletcher nods.  "You're good enough.  Just take your time.  And don't go getting fancy and try to mix your own stuff with his."  Fletcher looks closely at the twin scrolls on Alyce's upper arms.  "So how do you have both work by Karseau and.............". He frowns and raises a hand.  "Forgot I ever asked that and I will forget I ever saw those.  Solange, whatever you do, don't fuck with the arms."  He nods again and returns to his table.  "Sorry about that, fella.  That was something I had to see."

Solange has Alyce lay down on her table while she traces the design on her skin.  "This is pretty intricate, dear.  I am thinking three hours minimum.  Are you good for that?"

Alyce calls out to Al. "She says three hours, Al.  You OK with that?"

« Last Edit: <01-21-17/1853:39> by Mercy Merchant »

adamu

« Reply #66 on: <01-21-17/1853:36> »

Getting the soles of his feet done, Al had a full view of the shop.

And thus he had a full view of Alyce stripping off her dress - and then her sole piece of underwear - right there in the center of the shop. There were four other customers looking at the samples, three men and a woman. All stared, and Alyce was clearly in no hurry to deprive them of their view.

She was hairless below her eyebrows. Tats were the same - the various, dynamic Earl's House stuff, plus the Vor oaths. Her body was slightly less rounded than it had been in the jungle, but more lean and athletic now. Both versions were simply at different ends of the 'perfect' spectrum.

He couldn't hear what she was saying to the other woman, but next thing he knew the two were going at it - and the other customers were still enjoying the show, though through sidelong glances so as not to appear 'uncool.' Fucking kids. Al stared unreservedly, excited by the sight of the unclothed women, by their sapphic display, and especially by Alyce's complete brazenness in front of the other customers.

"Three hours? Hon, we got all night. An' from what I can see from here, you two won't be finished when the ink is."

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #67 on: <01-21-17/2252:45> »
Thursday July 24th 2076

Fletcher finishes with Al's feet in just over an hour, as advertised.  He offers Al a pair of slippers for him to wear, but one look at the man's face and the offer is left unsaid.  Al walks over to where Solange is working on Alyce, joining three other observers; two customers and another artist by the name of Nits.

Alyce is naked and laying on her back on the table, providing a view that is certainly part of the reason for the stares.  The other reason is the work Solange has already done.  A swirling vortex is centered on Alyce's bare pussy, throwing out streamers of colored gases.  Strings of stars spill from the vortex, visible against a dark background as they flow across the expanse of her hips and up her sides, before curling back across her chest and covering her perfect breasts.  Much of the work is still just sketched on her body, but the effect is quite dramatic, even so.

Fletcher walks over after cleaning his own instruments and nods his head.  "Very nice, Solange, very nice indeed.  I think this is some of your best work."

The other artist suddenly jumps back a step.  "Holy bloody fucking Mary.  That thing on her face just moved."

The other two men watching nod in surprise as well and Fletcher snorts.  "Bloody hell, Nits.  I can understand the punters not knowing, but you should know better.  The masterpiece on her face and back are prime examples of the work of Casim Karseau, one of the true masters of the art.  This stuff is strictly from Below and strictly for those who are born or adopted into a high station in one of their Great Houses.  Now why don't you three go back to quietly drooling and let Solange show you why she deserves second billing here?" 

He looks at Al and adds.  "You can stay, seeing how she is your woman.  Pull up that stool over there and let your feet rest a bit, as it looks like this could easily take a couple more hours."

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #68 on: <01-22-17/1101:01> »
Thursday July 24th 2076

A pattern begins to emerge amid the stars on Alyce's chest.  It is difficult to see at first, but as Solange adds more points of light against the darkness she puts down first, two faces can be seen.  A casual observer would simply see a field of stars on a dark night, but looking carefully, a discerning viewer can make out Alyce's face on the right looking at Al's face on the left. 

Three hours and forty-seven minutes after starting, Solange puts her tools down and announces that she is done.  By this time, only Al is left to watch.  Fletcher is sleeping on a chair and the droolers have gone home.  Solange looks over at Al.  "Well, what do you think?  I think that it is just about the best I have ever done."

The artist's eyes roam across Alyce's body with more than a professional look and her rock hard nipples are a clear indication of her desire.  "Fragging beautiful."

Alyce turns her sightless eyes to Al and smiles.  Her senses have told her that he is aroused, and not only by her being naked or by Solange being topless, but by the surge of sexual desire between the two women.  Her face asks an unspoken question of the man she loves.
« Last Edit: <01-22-17/1139:07> by Mercy Merchant »

adamu

« Reply #69 on: <01-22-17/1952:49> »
Thursday, July 24th, 2076

Al was perfectly happy to while away the early morning hours leaning back against a wall and smoking. At one point he popped out for some beers. And he couldn’t complain about the view.

He had so much he wanted to discuss with Alyce, but the leisurely pace was perfect. He’d sit, think, text her. She’d text him back with her headware - no one even knew they were talking. Went over the travel plans. She offered to pay. He went ahead and transferred the whole twenty-five and change. He asked some idle questions about her shop. A bit about when she might be playing next. She shot back some chatty queries about him. He mostly avoided answering. It was nice. A long time passed slowly and very quickly.

It gave him some time to think about the things she’d laid on him earlier. As he’d told her, it went some way to clearing up some rather fatal misconceptions he’d had back in the jungle about her romantic attention span. Of course, like everyone else,he’d heard about that scene. Always frowned on it. Still did. But with her, for better or worse, it somehow fit. Still, he’d been surprised at the display before the ink girl got to work - he’d foolishly assumed her hijinks were limited to that one rarified sphere, but apparently any passing fancy was also fair game. Fair enough.

Al loved tats. But even he was a bit sad to see those creamy expanses of perfect skin disappear forever. Her choice. He didn’t say a word. And when he wasn’t looking at one body or the other, he could see it was great work. The tattoo chica was checking him out, too. A lot. He chuckled. No matter how gay, they always looked his way. Hell, if he wasn’t mistaken, it was even…seriously?…yes, as he watched her work on the starry patterns on the side he was watching from, damned if he couldn’t make out his own likeness there. It was so subtle he doubted the girl even knew she was doing it. He silently congratulated himself on the way his masculine charms found their way even into the artworks of his most unwitting admirers. Al Guthrie - Muse.

The girl asked him what he thought, and he spared her the embarrassment of pointing out what she’d done (and he'd certainly never tell Alyce about it - and it was one of the few things she might not notice herself). Just acknowledged the quality - it was impressive.

Almost as impressive as the sight of the two beauties. With the work complete, the girl's professional detachment was giving way, fingertips drifting. Alyce's response was clear. And just sitting and watching the temperature rise between the two women, Al was giving the stitching on his 501s a run for its money.

When Alyce turned her sightless eyes to him, the question was unmistakeable. No doubt it'd be the show of a lifetime. He actually thought on it for a second or two. But sex was not a spectator sport for him, and since he wasn't prepared to be more than that, well, dawn was breaking outside the shop, and it was calling him.

He extended a hand to the Solange girl, and enjoyed the way she moved as she shook it. "Straight up good work, sissy."

Then he put a hand on Alyce's hair and bent to kiss her forehead. "Hell of thing on the spur o' the moment. Ya got moxy."

He straightened up. "Ol' Al's across the street fer some breakfast. If'n ya care ta join me." He nodded to indicate the tattooists were invited if so inclined. "Take as much time as ya need gittin' decent - I don't eat fast."

He unlocked the door from the inside and let himself out.
« Last Edit: <01-22-17/2002:37> by adamu »

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #70 on: <01-22-17/2039:17> »
Thursday July 24th

Alyce gives Solange a smile of regret as she swings off the table and begins to put her clothes on.  She does, however, get her com code and promises to contact her soon.  The two women exchange a lengthy kiss before Alyce walks out of the shop and across the street to the diner.  Entering, she looks around and locates Al in conversation with a pretty waitress.

Alyce slides into the booth next to him and orders a more or less traditional English breakfast, or at least the closest the diner could approximate.  She had sensed that Al had not been overly happy about her and Solange getting together, but she refuses to try to explain herself or try to make sense of his contradictions.  There are just too many things on which he seems to stand on both sides and she will have to come to terms with that if she wants to take a chance on him wanting her in his life.

She places a hand on his after the waitress leaves with their orders.  "Thank you for an amazing day and night, Al.  I did sense that you aren't all that excited about my new ink, so I am glad that I took the 'buyer's remorse ' option.  The tat will disappear in 24 hours if I don't go back to get it sealed in.  I am thinking that perhaps I got a bit ambitious."

"Are you working today or............"

« Last Edit: <01-23-17/0845:05> by Mercy Merchant »

adamu

« Reply #71 on: <01-23-17/0849:23> »
Thursday, July 24th, 2076

Alyce had shown up pretty quick. He hadn't meant to cock-block her - or whatever it was called with women - but had figured she'd come if he didn't stay. Woman was just so...servile. Okay, eager-to-please would have been a nicer way to put it. Which was a good quality in a woman in general, he supposed, if also rather discomfiting. Well, it was convenient anyway.

Or maybe she'd just been being courteous - she was on a date with him, after all.

Nope. He was pretty sure she'd do about anything he told her to. He could live with that. If he could live with her. Which came down to if he could live with anyone.

She definitely was tempting him something fierce. All the more tragic that it was doomed from the start. But he'd warned her of that from the get-go, and she'd still wanted to give it a shot. And she was not one to underestimate.

He let her hand stay on his. He liked it there. And even though he'd spent the last four hours looking at her naked, he still appreciated the flagrant display of cleavage. And the heat of her next to him.

He answered her. "if we's leavin' on Monday fer a three-weeker, reckon I got a lot ta tie up afore then."

The breakfasts arrived. He'd also ordered the soy-equivalent of a full English, with extra beans on toast since he couldn't usually get flannel cakes here.

As they ate, they discussed body art. He did not mention the little bonus Solange had unconsciously left in the constellation, but did say, "Fact is, I love that tat. Tits over there done some top-notch work. But yeah, you an' yer damned pulse sensors an' whatnot..." he grinned - he never minded her doing her lie-detector thing on him because he never lied to her - "...I'll allow as, well, toots, you plus full frontal nudity could put half the world's pornographers an' a good number o' Renaissance artists straight outta work. Shit, ya think yer rich now, git some images o' you out onna Grid - whooo-ee. So I was an' still am a bit chagrined to see perfection added to, if'n ya take my meanin'. That bein' said, I am partial ta good ink onna woman, an' that one's right up there. Listen, I know it ain't cheap, but now she's done it first time with the erase option, well, ol' Al'd be happy ta pay the difference fer the off-an'-on-switch option. Best o' both worlds, dependin' on yer mood."
« Last Edit: <01-23-17/0932:28> by adamu »

adamu

« Reply #72 on: <01-25-17/1606:48> »
Alyce shakes her head and smiles.  "That is very sweet of you, Al, but I can pay for my ink.  I do like your idea, though, and will that done when I come back this afternoon.  What time on Saturday do you want me to be ready?"

adamu

« Reply #73 on: <01-25-17/1607:27> »
“Well, all depends on you. I do appreciate yer consideration. But like I said, my vote’s fer later.” Dammit, he was going to have to explain himself. By talking. It was suspiciously like she was civilizing him. “Take a few days ta explain all of it. Reckon there’s time ‘nuff fer that next week. But in a nutshell, the moment either one of us starts doin’ or not doin’ things jist ta accommodate t’other, well, I reckon that’s when we’s done…or at least doomed."

adamu

« Reply #74 on: <01-25-17/1608:28> »
Alyce shakes her head.  "I see it a bit differently, Al.  I don't do things to accommodate you, I do them because I love you, and love means compromise and sharing.  It is my deepest hope that you come to realize that I would do anything for you because I love you like no other woman ever will.  Anything we might ever have is only doomed if you allow that to happen, because I will never give up on us.  I will give you as time and space as you need, but I will not ever say that we are doomed."

"I suppose that I have spoilt the moment, and I am sorry if I have, but some words need to be said.  Al, want you in a bed with me, where I will make love to you like no woman ever has before because they could not possibly love you more than I do.  If that sends you running, then so be it, although I hope that you still want to go on the train trip with me and I hope that we can hammer some of our problems out together.  Do you?"