Shadowrun General > General Discussion

An update on SR6e DriveThruRPG ratings

(1/38) > >>

penllawen:
A few weeks ago, FastJack said:

--- Quote ---Was my wording off, or were a lot of people surprised that sixth edition was more popular than they thought it would be? I suspect a lot of people are feeling shocked that Sixth World is the number one download on DriveThruRPG ever since it came out.
--- End quote ---

This made me curious so I compiled a list of the top 10 on DTRPG at the time, complete with the star rating that is displayed next to each item. This wasn't a good showing for SR6, with a rating at the time of 3.4/5 -- the next lowest in the top 10 was 4.8/5.

However, that was based on a scant four days of sales, so I made a note to revisit it when a few weeks had passed. I've now done this, and here it is. As you can see, SR6e has fallen from the #1 spot and is receiving a bit of a kicking from DTRPG reviewers.

Position      Title      Score      Number of ratings      Release date      1      Cyberpunk Red Jumpstart Kit      4.8/5      42      August 01, 2019      2      Shadowrun, Sixth World Core Rulebook      2.8/5      19      August 26, 2019      3      Eclipse Phase Second Edition      5/5      13      August 09, 2019      4      Legend of the Five Rings: Courts of Stone      5/5      2      August 27, 2019      5      The Short Games Digest: Volume 2      5/5      5      September 09, 2019      6      Bayt al Azif #2: A magazine for Cthulhu Mythos roleplaying games      n/a      n/a      September 09, 2019      7      Stars Without Number: Revised Edition      4.9/5      154      December 29, 2017      8      Occult Philosophy      5/5      24      July 29, 2019      9      Rangers of Shadow Deep: Ghost Stone      4.3/5      3      August 02, 2019      10      Esper Genesis 5E Threats Database      5/5      6      August 15, 2019      11      Rangers of Shadow Deep: A Tabletop Adventure Game      4.8/5      62      November 02, 2018      12      Cyberpunk 2.0.2.0. The Second Edition, Version 2.01      4.5/5      79      March 09, 2014      13      Lords and Lands: a Witcher TRPG Expansion      3.3/5      12      August 01, 2019      14      Apocalypse World: Burned Over Hackbook      5/5      3      August 01, 2019      15      Star Trek Adventures: Alpha Quadrant Source Book      4.3/5      3      July 25, 2019   

FastJack:
Well, the reason the Cyberpunk Red retook the top spot is because they cut the price in half this past week.

As for reviews... The Streetpedia, which everyone here loved, has a 2.9/5 rating.

penllawen:

--- Quote from: FastJack on ---Well, the reason the Cyberpunk Red retook the top spot is because they cut the price in half this past week.
--- End quote ---
Incorrect. The PDF version was always $15, the $30 comparative price shown on DTRPG is for the physical release. Citation: many places, but for example, IGN: "The digital edition, available as of August 1, 2019, will retail for $15.00 USD and the physical edition (available exclusively at GenCon 2019 initially then at your local hobby shop) will cost $29.99."

--- Quote ---As for reviews... The Streetpedia, which everyone here loved, has a 2.9/5 rating.

--- End quote ---
So there's nothing to see here, you think? Nothing worrying at all about those reviews?

Michael Chandra:

--- Quote from: FastJack on ---Well, the reason the Cyberpunk Red retook the top spot is because they cut the price in half this past week.

As for reviews... The Streetpedia, which everyone here loved, has a 2.9/5 rating.

--- End quote ---
It's not as if the review-count is high enough to be significant. Plus a lot of people have 6w free through another store or official channels and cannot review it. So the review-score is just a number, not reliable at all. :-\

penllawen:

--- Quote from: Michael Chandra on ---It's not as if the review-count is high enough to be significant.

--- End quote ---
I disagree, I think the sample size is becoming large enough. But sure, we can give it a few more weeks and check back in.

--- Quote from: Michael Chandra on ---So the review-score is just a number, not reliable at all. :-\

--- End quote ---
I imagine the review score is much more than "just a number" for potential purchasers browsing DTRPG. It's very prominent in the UI.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version