NEWS

Current US/Canada politicians vs Ghost Dance War & Treaty of Denver

• 7 Replies

Longshot23

• Omae
« on: <04-12-11/1343:47> »
I'm an Aussie, so I really wouldn't know, but . . .

How do people (in USA & Canada) think their politicians would handle the GDW & fallout?  Assuming they'd still be around at the time, that is.

And this is under Off-off-topic because I don't want Secret History  et al polluted  ???

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #1 on: <04-12-11/1356:07> »
Well, Canada is in the middle of a Federal Election with a former minority government...

So we'd be screwed.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Simagal

• Chummer
  • Credo Quia Absurdum
« Reply #2 on: <04-12-11/2006:48> »
No volcano's in Washington DC so they would ignore it.  :P
Andrew Grim

Wolfboy

• Omae
  • life sucks, deal with it
« Reply #3 on: <04-24-11/1921:16> »
unfortunately with the (ahem) person in the white house we have as well as the senate we have i imagine things would fall out almost as the SR history has it. He'd probably be a little more secretive and sensetive to public oppinion than the IG pres, but he'd probably in the end cave a little quicker even though he would lose what he considers most of his base to these new nations because he would also lose his major oposition.
May god grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, to change the things I can, and the firepower to make the difference.

Suicide is never the answer, now homicide on the other hand, that has posibilities.

7.62 Russian, when it absolutely has to be done under budget

Longshot23

• Omae
« Reply #4 on: <04-25-11/0454:08> »
Again, I'm asking because I don't know . . . but do you honestly believe the currently POTUS and Canadian PM would cave in along the lines of the SR history?

The_Gun_Nut

• Ace Runner
« Reply #5 on: <04-25-11/0533:15> »
I think the political parties would do so, and thus press their candidates to do just that.  Current party structure isn't about serving their respective community, but extending their duration of their jobs as much as possible, and getting more of their union political party members in power.
There is no overkill.

Only "Open fire" and "I need to reload."

Longshot23

• Omae
« Reply #6 on: <04-25-11/0707:04> »
What about party mavericks and independent wild cards?

The_Gun_Nut

• Ace Runner
« Reply #7 on: <04-25-11/0712:55> »
There will always be those who don't fit into the established structure, and even work to change what they see as wrong.  However, being a handful of people among hundreds (in just the House alone) means that any action taken to alter the way established politicos do business will face an uphill battle against entrenched, fixed thinking.
There is no overkill.

Only "Open fire" and "I need to reload."