NEWS

So I dropped off the face of the Earth

• 5 Replies

Onion Man

• Omae
  • Internet is a proper noun, capitalize every time
« on: <12-04-11/0128:05> »
Yeah, like the title says.

I sort of got tied up in the occupy movement and have been living in a park for quite some time now.  Taking a night off to get some work done and get some cash for an upcoming Occupy trip to Washington DC, so I figured I'd stop in and explain my sudden and complete absence.

I'll be back and active as soon as this comes to an end, one way or another.  Cheers all.  Keep running.
Description/Narrative
{Thoughts}
"Conversation"
"Voice over commlink"
Code: [Select]
Text over commlinkOrson "Pig" Fletcher

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #1 on: <12-04-11/0841:18> »
Stay safe, man.  The Riot Cops seem to be getting crazier and crazier!

The Canadian Occupy situation is simple in the fact that our cops just go, "It's winter.  They'll go home damned soon."
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

JustADude

• Prime Runner
  • Madness? This! Is! A FORUM!
« Reply #2 on: <12-04-11/0913:24> »
The Canadian Occupy situation is simple in the fact that our cops just go, "It's winter.  They'll go home damned soon."

Ah, General Winter... he's won more battles than every other military force combined.
“What is right is not always popular and what is popular is not always right.”
― Albert Einstein

"Being average just means that half of everyone you meet is better than you."
― Me

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #3 on: <12-04-11/0916:57> »
Ah, General Winter... he's won more battles than every other military force combined.
Especially when he comes home to Winnipeg.

I'm glad that guy in Oakland that got shot in the head is awake and talking now.  Really felt for him.  :(
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

JM_Hardy

• Administrator
  • Omae
« Reply #4 on: <12-04-11/1034:37> »
I'm going to put on my really gentle mod hat on and say that this thread is fine so far, and I'd like it to stay that way. So while discussing why a forum member hasn't been around for a while is relevant and of interest, let's keep the specifics of our various opinions of the Occupy movement off the forums. Thanks!

Jason H.
Jason M. Hardy
Shadowrun Line Developer

"The thing is, I’m serious about what I do, and the people with whom I associate are serious about what they do. We’re all serious people. Look, I can even make a serious face. See?" --Quinn Bailey

Jadehellbringer

• Global Moderator
  • Chummer
  • My crotch! I'm not supposed to... wait, what?
« Reply #5 on: <12-05-11/1304:30> »
Reasons aside... be careful. Things got a little ugly around downtown DC yesterday with Occupy- I know I'm avoiding MacPherson Square like the plague today if I can. Stay safe.

(And don't block off Metro stations- I don't care what the organizers say, that's a bad idea, omae)
Not to be demanding, but can you please point that Panther Assault Cannon somewhere other than my groin?