NEWS

Into the Chaos - recruitment thread.

• 101 Replies

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #15 on: <08-19-15/1545:34> »
This looks like a good spot to pull out my old street doc, if you are interested in having me.  One post a day I can handle, if there is give and take with the GM.

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« Reply #16 on: <08-19-15/1634:45> »
Kekeke
Concepts are great, but implementation sucks. Why not improve it?

Triskavanski's House Rules

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #17 on: <08-19-15/1644:26> »
crossbow sure hop on.

Shaman_Yuri

• Omae
« Reply #18 on: <08-19-15/1848:15> »
I've just returned to Shadowrun after a twenty year hiatus and am catching up to 5th Ed (I last played 2nd Ed).  I have a human mouse adept in mind but will need a few days to develop in 5th Ed style.  If you can give a girl a few days to get her act together, I'll toss my beret in the ring. :-)
« Last Edit: <08-19-15/2129:06> by Shaman_Yuri »

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #19 on: <08-19-15/1934:11> »
I've got an orkish former punk band drummer turned rigger after a stint in prison. He's the skinniest ork you've ever met and he knows the streets he grew up in like the back of his hand. His name is Duckdown and I'd love to throw him in as half of a shadowrunner duo for a milk run or two to see how things pan out.

Still got room? If so, I'll post a concept and backstory and all. Can I be with Jack Spade?
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #20 on: <08-19-15/2220:07> »
PD, SY:
Okay sure, no problem.
I think we are enough to get started in a day or two.

Bartleby

• Newb
« Reply #21 on: <08-19-15/2233:35> »
Sounds great! Can't wait.

Jayde Moon

• Administrator
  • Ace Runner
  • Shadowrun Missions Developer
« Reply #22 on: <08-19-15/2316:24> »
All 'standard' build methods OK (Standard, Sum to 10, and Life Path) OK?
That's just like... your opinion, man.

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #23 on: <08-20-15/0151:42> »
Yes.

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #24 on: <08-20-15/0219:54> »
I would like to try a simple Troll shooter.  I think it would be great to pair with the mouse adept, if the little lady and the GM do not mind.
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #25 on: <08-20-15/0220:52> »
I'll be happy.

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #26 on: <08-20-15/0528:55> »
Okay I made some initial planning for the runs.  We will start with 3 short runs. I'll wait for everyone to have some characters ready before we start.

Mulcarn

• Omae
« Reply #27 on: <08-20-15/0851:13> »
You sure you can handle 6+ runners?  I could drop out of this if you need me to.
Speech|Thoughts|Matrix|Whisper|Astral|Descriptors and Narrative

Shaman_Yuri

• Omae
« Reply #28 on: <08-20-15/0858:16> »
I am game for working with Mercy Merchant. We've been in PM contact and will share what we come up with when we're done character developing.

I have another question.  Our esteemed GM said the following early on...

"2. In times of chaos people will be extremely suspicious and superstitious - background count will be higher due to the fear base of (2 in the barrens and 1 in the rest of the city). Also, 'geek the mage' is not a tactic, it is what every street rat knows even if they never met a mage. Obvious magic in the street will make the local gangers hostile and coming in with guns blazing. "

My mouse adept was marked by her mentor spirit en utero, meaning before she was even born.  I'll explain the full details in her bio, but suffice for now that her pregnant mother and a bunch of peeps she and her husband led through the Hell of Bug City 2055 survived by making a deal with Mouse.  She was born on Oct 1, 2055 just outside the blast zone underneath Mercy Hospital right as the barrier went up and the bomb went off.  Her prehensile tail, ears, distinctive dentition, etc. are some serious obvious and difficult to hide marks of being different (read freak and probably magic touched).  In the environment you describe, can I negotiate for more negative attribute karma than just the 5 that comes from a distinctive attribute?  Her tail, ears, and teeth seem to be a LOT more problematic in your game than a visible Ancients tattoo.  My avatar image currently is what she looks like, so you can see exactly what I mean.

Finally, I hope we don't lose Mulcarn.  If I'm not mistaken, he's our only mage!
« Last Edit: <08-20-15/0903:08> by Shaman_Yuri »

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #29 on: <08-20-15/0922:33> »
Well I see no reason to, unless I am not understanding it right. Being looked like a mouse may give negative modifiers when dealing with people - people often treat changelings as freaks. But unless she uses obvious magic like fireballs, spirits and so on she shouldn't get the reaction of people with torches screaming mage, starting to crowd the place.

I will not give more than 2 dice negative social modifier for looking like a mouse. 'Human' in SR world is a flexible concept. The penalty will be similar for not wearing the right kind of clothes for the social situation.  Coming to a formal party while 'mouse' will be like a formal party with street cloths.  But like a big ancients tattoo - people will remember seeing a mouse lady in a crime scene. Just like distinctive style.