NEWS

Long Kiss Goodbye (IC)

• 687 Replies

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #60 on: <07-23-16/1634:22> »
@ Yelena, Arc, Jedediah  Nicolai turns to greet them from the front passenger seat saying, "Welcome to Poland. Drive is only few hours. I have rooms for all. Tsina arrives one hour. She has not spent a moment without eyes on her in past year. She will not escape us." The car is warm and the drive in the dark is on good roads until the last few miles. The driver was obviously skilled in these conditions as the car rarely lost traction even on what looked to Arc to be icy roads.
« Last Edit: <07-23-16/2320:20> by ismilealot »
Thought      Speech     Astral     Matrix/com       Mentor/Spirit     other lang.

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #61 on: <07-23-16/1700:33> »
Yelena helps the others load their gear into the van, grabbing out their warm coats.  She greets Nicolai with a nod and  makes sure that Arc and Jedediah are OK and smiles at both of them.  "Srui and PI man try sleep.  Better than plane."   Yelena settles into her seat, enjoying the warmth and the smooth ride.
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #62 on: <07-27-16/0554:33> »
The nurse smiled "Well that is Rorshach Jones, he is famous for this kind of thing. He is more impressive in AR though, here have a look." She said and handed Marco the glass, putting them on the Man's face started spinning, Marco returned the nurse's glasses and said...  "I did not realize... an AR artist with a provocative exterior - that is brilliant."

"I am glad you like it" said the nurse, "I'll be back in a few hours, try and get some rest in the meanwhile."

Marco has spent these hours hearing the astral, he could still sense the path that linked him to his comb. All magical things are permenently connected to their maker, that comb was Marco's way of finding Yelena, If she decided to take it with her, that is. At any case, the comb was intact and was still a piece of him. Still a power focus, Marco looked forward to following his path of bread crumbs.

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #63 on: <07-27-16/1254:44> »
Eventually Marco finds it. His comb is with his scary lady, and she is obviously with the dark vortex that is Nicolai, Arc's aura bright in comparison. And Jed is with them, his assistance in helping Marco makes him instantly recognizable to Marco. Then dinner comes and the nurse is as good as her word. The meal is more substantial than before, and does not contain any soy counterfeits but is instead fresh and simply prepared. When she is done feeding him the nurse tells him, "Your casts come off in the morning. And you leave for the next leg in your journey after breakfast."

The next morning is a flurry of activity as the casts come off and Marco has a meal that he is able to feed himself and then finds that he is given an expensive suit and his hair is trimmed. oonce dressed placed in the back of a panel van with an armed guard, and when he arrives at his destination a few hours later Blake is there, dressed as a courier for a local chain. "All your bags are here sir. And your office sent this over. It just made it in time." He gestures to several expensive looking bags and hands Marco a data pad. as well as a small packet. The pad has his new ID's, as well as confirmation for a suborbital flight to Poland and the package is a credstick with all the monies Blake had originally offered him. Soon, he is landing in Poland. A free man who is no longer Marco Bianchi.
Thought      Speech     Astral     Matrix/com       Mentor/Spirit     other lang.

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #64 on: <07-27-16/1459:47> »
Marco is comforted to know that the path is laid, there is hope. He recovers and quickly, the memories  also begins to return. "So I actually jumped from a tall building?" he thinks, impressed with the discipline he'd showed. Food also feels good, better than it felt in a long while. Marco seems just content to have roof over his head, food to eat and a place to sleep. The next morning he feels better, with his arms and legs free, medicine is incredible, miraculous even.  He wears his suit, and enters the car that takes him back into civilization. The car drops Marco at the airport where he enters looking for his flight... but first a cup of cappuccino.

Qwikfix

« Reply #65 on: <07-28-16/1841:28> »
Once in the van, Arc had busied herself with digging into their bags, fishing out a set of coats for the three of them.  "Here, thish outta..."  She trailed off as the cold stare of Nicolai met her gaze.  Her eyes narrowed as he seemed to be peering directly at her for some reason, but she shook it off.  Strapping into one of the back seats, her head turned from the elf on her left to the older human on her right, then out the window towards the icy roadscape.

"Srui and PI man try sleep.  Better than plane."

Tilting her head, she looked up at Yelena, who seemed to be staring outside as well (What time is it, anyways...frag all...), her hands in her pockets as if playing with some bauble.  Her own look softening, she planted a hand on her Srui's arm, giving a nod.  "I'm good..if I'm out now i'm out for three hoursh, you know that.." She tapped the back of her head to prove her point, instead focusing on the drive...and an impressive one at that, these conditions are total drek!

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #66 on: <07-28-16/2254:43> »
The driver takes them to a small, rundown  farmhouse and drives the car into a small barn that houses a broken tractor whose parts are strewn around it. But, instead of stopping he keeps driving, they go down a ramp that drops quickly, and rises behind them just as quickly. They continue down into a tunnel and within minutes are pulling into a spacious spot beside several cars that are identical to the one they're in, right down to the license plate and scuffs. Nicolai gets out and leads them forward, past what is obviously a surveillance center with men watching over a dozen different monitors. Yelena recognizes the tats on the men, many of which are twins to her own, and Nicolai stops long enough to nod towards one screen. Tsina. He looks at her and says one word, "Скоро." He then motions to a young man and says, "Show guests to rooms." The youth nods and leads the way through what appears to be a small bunker complex to a few small rooms. He turns to them an says, "I am speak English. Name is DreamMaker." They enter small, furnished rooms and DreamMaker says, "Everything here. You need. I get/"
« Last Edit: <07-29-16/2150:15> by ismilealot »

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #67 on: <07-29-16/0126:50> »
The coffee place at the airport was Italian... Well not Italian but they called themselves Italian and their lack of attention to details have made me at unease. I got myself the desired cup of cappuccino at an hour that I would never have it in Italy. Yet, it has been a while since I had some actual coffee.  The coffee of the morning to start my new chapter in life. Even though it is later afternoon, time to drink espresso in order to keep focused... I feel that rules and traditions no longer apply to me.

Around me, there is a family of privileged people, the children are very loud, and their little boy is asking all sort of odd questions to people. He has no fear or a sense of social awareness and he is already six or so, he should have them.

"He has recently awakened... " A voice whispers to me, "poor soul, his family must think that he has gone insane" That insight gives me some basic understanding of the situation - the little boy sees things that nobody else sees. I look at his parents, they seem accepting but that little voice whispers to me that they go out of their way to appear like that. They are afraid and confused.

Poor boy, he can see all that - I think and continue with my coffee... Still have some time to kill until flight, and still minding my own business.

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #68 on: <07-29-16/0927:07> »
Yelena is impressed with the organization and assets of Nicolai's Bratva.  She stops at the monitor he indicates and looks for a moment on the face of Tsina Molovna and smiles.  Justice is coming to the traitor, the betrayer.  Yelena does not feel the need to be the one to pull the trigger to end the woman's life, but it would be poetic if she is.  She follows the man naked DreamMaker to the small rooms provided for her and the others.  At the door to her room, Yelena pauses and looks at the guide.  "Can walk around?  Is meeting soon or rest first and eat?"

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #69 on: <07-29-16/1300:25> »
Coffee is great, and then I proceed to the digital book shop. I pick up a copy of 'wildlife and vegetation of eastern Europe, and read it as I wait for my flight. The book has tourist attractions but I am more interested in the animals that would bland in at that environment - new world new common sense, new life...

It is not long before it is time to board, business class - no less - much better than my previous suborbital at tourist class - these had no legroom, and the guy next to me was such a bible pusher. He went on and on about Jesus, not knowing that I was a priest myself. I guess going to Italy for some spirituality does that to a man.  This time I seat with a workaholic business woman that seems barely aware to her environment and her arm candy assistant that that is probably half her age and gorgeous. Hack, I would totally do him myself. The dude seems a bit bored as his master is engaged in some business call. He looks around nervously, trying to figure when the plane would take off.

"First time?" I ask trying to break the ice.

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #70 on: <07-29-16/2215:13> »
@ Marco  The young man is slightly startled when Marco addresses him, "No, I just really don't like flying. But my manager got me a job with a new company." He says nodding towards the woman. "It's a real break for me, not just a lot more money but if I go viral as the new . . " "Ger! Non-disclosure!" the woman interrupts him sharply. The young man, "Ger" evidently, swallows and stammers out, "I wasn't going to say the company Tina." She gives him a quelling look. "No, nothing. That's the only thing that's safe. You never know when something you say will jog with another fact and let someone put together the pieces. And you don't want this deal to fall through for something stupid just as you're about to get your big break." She says looking at him sternly. He swallow and looks down, "N, N, No. I, I won't say anything. I'm sorry." He looks back up at Marco, "I, I just hate flying." he manages to say. And then looks down miserably at his hands. The rest of the flight is uneventful, and not even business class can make the inflight meal good, but, it was definitely better than tourist class and he was able to get a decent wine with it. When he lands in Poland he finds that a car has been rented for in his name and is waiting for him, complete with autopilot.

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #71 on: <07-29-16/2220:28> »
@ Yelena  DreamMaker looks at Yelena and says, "Da. Have free room. But, better if not leave. Will leave when Tsina goes to safe home."

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #72 on: <07-30-16/0418:59> »
Yelena nods and goes into her room to take her winter clothing from the bag and stacks it within easy reach.  Grabbing her weapons case, she opens it and begins cleaning the various weapons to remove anything they might have picked up getting here, making sure to examine every round before reloading them into the magazines.  When done, Yelena lays down on the bed and rests, waiting for the call to action or to eat..

Qwikfix

« Reply #73 on: <07-30-16/1733:01> »
Upon arriving to their "waiting area", Arc had remained oddly silent, focusing on carrying her brunt of the luggage and then some.  She avoided eye contact with Nikolai, and gave a nod and nothing more to Dreammaker.  Sighing, she placed her bags in the main room and shut the door behind her.

The sounds must have been muffled between rooms or so she hoped as a but of homesickness left her retching for a little while.  Washing her face out, she looked herself in the mirror.  Need to focus on something...fraaag...  going to her bags, she pulled out her set of drones, using her arm tools to tune them, double checking connections and her mods so they wouldn't fail in the important moment....she hopes..

..even still, that task did not take nearly enough time to wait to move forward.  So, pacing, the tusked mechanic tried her best to keep calm...but with the silence pervading, she felt she would soon go mad.

...a few minutes later, a knock on Yelena's door would be heard, revealing a dressed down Arc snacking off a bag of chips, eyes darting left and right.  "can't prep no more, can't wait no more, think I'm gonna go inshane jusht in my head anymo.  To the point I'm forgetting jusht what we be doing exactly."  she walked in, plopping herself on a bare patch of bed and munching away.  "you sure thish guy ain't ahcrewing ush?  Becausewe Goin home when we done...ain't no way round it, yannow?"

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #74 on: <07-31-16/0237:36> »
At the knock, Yelena rises and goes to the door, opening it it to let Arc in.  She watches closely as her Srui goes to sit on the bed and pulls up a chair so as to sit looking at her.  She carefully puts out a hand and puts it on her friend's leg.  "Srui, is hard, yes?  Waiting and prepping but not doing.  But is time for focus.  Focus on mission.  Focus on target.  Focus on go home when done.  You are in Yelena world now.  Is strange for Arc, yes?  But is important to remain calm and focused or go crazy.  Yelena has seen other maybe assassins fail waiting part.  Too hurried.  Too fast.  Now dead.  Yelena do this much years.  Much practice so know what Srui feel.  Just try calm.  Can lay down on bed here.  Try rest.  Think of rigger man.  Think of rigger man family.  Then think of giving rigger man and Arc family of own.  Aunt Yelena spoil like crazy mad.  Unless rigger man want Yelena stay away."