NEWS

Staying Concious after filling Stun

• 5 Replies

TH13TEEN

• Newb
« on: <04-09-18/1406:05> »
Is there anything someone can do to stay concuous after they’ve filled stun boxes? I know that overflow goes physical, and I’m on with that. I have a well-armored cyber Samurai who gets dropped from stun a lot. Wil power is 7 and prob won’t increase.

Stainless Steel Devil Rat

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #1 on: <04-09-18/1418:09> »
Is there anything someone can do to stay concuous after they’ve filled stun boxes? I know that overflow goes physical, and I’m on with that. I have a well-armored cyber Samurai who gets dropped from stun a lot. Wil power is 7 and prob won’t increase.

You want a Pain Editor or an Adrenaline Pump.  Both are described in the SR5 core rulebook in the Bioware section.  They both let you stay awake even with a full Stun CM.
RPG mechanics exist to give structure and consistency to the game world, true, but at the end of the day, you’re fighting dragons with algebra and random number generators.

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2 on: <04-09-18/1631:11> »
Personally, I like using an Autoinjector and Stim to prevent going down as a low cost measure.
Beside the mentioned cyberware, there are drugs that prevent you from going unconscious (e.g. Numb from the Lockdown book p.204)

talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

PiXeL01

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Sheltering Orks in Osaka
« Reply #3 on: <04-09-18/1642:06> »
Put a med-kit inside your armor and set its pilot to administer its skill when you hit critical?
If Tom Brady’s a Spike Baby, what does that make Brees and Rodgers?

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4 on: <04-09-18/1704:55> »
There is the Savior Nano Medkit that you can inject and that will treat you automatically - if you trust in nanites...
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Marcus

• Prime Runner
  • Success always demands a greater effort.
« Reply #5 on: <04-09-18/1855:02> »
I would be careful about pushing too far down that road, emergency treatment stuff is solid, but once stun starts rolling over things can get very dangerous. It's often safer just to have the character drop then risk another 9S and end up straight to dead.
« Last Edit: <04-09-18/1858:02> by Marcus »
*Play-by-Post color guide*
Thinking
com
speaking