NEWS

Battle of Manhattan

• 24 Replies

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« on: <02-22-15/0855:35> »
The third adventure in the Boardroom Backstabs series is now up on BattleCorps (PDF and dead tree) and DTRPG. The book is dual statted for 4A and 5e.

Nice little surprise to finish off the weekend ;)

Maverick

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Newb
« Reply #1 on: <02-23-15/0016:08> »
So, am I missing it, or are the vehicles in the book which are stated to have both SR4a and SR5 stats only statted for SR4a?  Because the Handling, Acceleration, and Speed stats have changed significantly between editions, but the only ones listed in the book seem to apply to SR4a.

Also, can anyone tell me what the first two Boardroom Backstabs books were, and whether or not they were statted for both editions or just SR4a?

PiXeL01

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Sheltering Orks in Osaka
« Reply #2 on: <02-23-15/0100:04> »
The other two Backstabs are for Sr4a only.

And you are right. It does seem that the vehicle stats are only for SR4 despite the legend says otherwise.

My personal confusion goes to the library map (no external doors or internal stairways nor elevators) and the stats on Wheels do not include his cyberlimbs ... Unless I'm blind that is.
I can't find 4 on the library map either.

A price tag on the vehicles and drones would have been lovely in case the players want to acquire us in the future.
« Last Edit: <02-23-15/0110:32> by PiXeL01 »
If Tom Brady’s a Spike Baby, what does that make Brees and Rodgers?

Sterling

• Omae
  • Dragged in by the credstick
« Reply #3 on: <02-23-15/1658:20> »
Just finished a second read through and I'm stumped as to the final payment. As far as I can see there are no actual amounts listed.
is it just me or is this something else that slipped through?
"His name is Sterling. He’s an ex-pat Brit making a living as a fixer and a hacker in Metropole. He’s a rare blend of upstanding and fun...(so) listen to his experience."
>>Data Trails, p.82

PiXeL01

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #4 on: <02-23-15/1702:27> »
From what I gather Wuxing's payment is no retribution while the other's is sanctuary and a ticket to home. Although cash is promised it never says how much as the book assumes the players would value their own safety above nuyen

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #5 on: <02-23-15/1708:15> »
Nobodies ever happy with the nuyen amounts we offer in official products anyway, so maybe this was more of a "GM's can set an amount appropriate to the game they're running", which is what I do with my home games anyway.

Grinder

• Newb
« Reply #6 on: <02-23-15/2349:15> »
Since there a payment guidelines in the SR5 BBB, each official adventure should use them.

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
  • I'm a Ma'fan of Shadowrun!
« Reply #7 on: <02-24-15/0046:08> »
Since there a payment guidelines in the SR5 BBB, each official adventure should use them.

What's the BBB?
Feel free to keep any karma you earned illicitly, it's on us.

Quote from: Stephen Covey
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.

PiXeL01

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #8 on: <02-24-15/0112:35> »
Big Black/Blue/Bad Book aka crb or Core Rulebook

Sterling

• Omae
  • Dragged in by the credstick
« Reply #9 on: <02-24-15/0238:29> »
From what I gather Wuxing's payment is no retribution while the other's is sanctuary and a ticket to home. Although cash is promised it never says how much as the book assumes the players would value their own safety above nuyen

Safety is good.  Safety with a pile of cash is even better!  ;D

Nobodies ever happy with the nuyen amounts we offer in official products anyway, so maybe this was more of a "GM's can set an amount appropriate to the game they're running", which is what I do with my home games anyway.

To be honest, I'd got so used to reading the Missions adventures I forgot this was intended for home games.  With that in mind then I like this approach, and it works in relation to the actual run, i.e. guideline is that Wuxing will pay more, but leave it to the GM to ensure it doesn't unbalance the campaign.
"His name is Sterling. He’s an ex-pat Brit making a living as a fixer and a hacker in Metropole. He’s a rare blend of upstanding and fun...(so) listen to his experience."
>>Data Trails, p.82

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #10 on: <02-24-15/0307:47> »

That's a silly acronym.  :P

Grinder, the Missions do attempt to follow the guidelines of the core book.  They're pretty close actually.  The problem is that no one is ever satisfied.

Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.

PiXeL01

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #11 on: <02-24-15/0322:11> »

Well it's from way back when the CRB was blue (1st) or black (2nd).
We used to call it the Big Bad Book because if the Gm was reaching for it you had it coming back in 2nd

Grinder

• Newb
« Reply #12 on: <02-24-15/0750:13> »

Know the history of the game, shouldn't you?

Grinder, the Missions do attempt to follow the guidelines of the core book.  They're pretty close actually.  The problem is that no one is ever satisfied.

Who was talking about Missions? I do expect that every offical adventure and campaign uses the offcial payment guidelines. Not saying that they are well-done, though. ;)

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #13 on: <02-24-15/1651:13> »

I've been playing the game for 20+ years, and I've never heard anyone refer to the book as "Big X Book."  It's always been "the rulebook."  Getting all snarky with me because I asked you what the acronym was, and then joking that it's a silly acronym...  that's a pretty elitist attitude to have.
« Last Edit: <02-24-15/1657:58> by Namikaze »

Backgammon

• Freelancer
  • Chummer
« Reply #14 on: <02-24-15/1739:22> »

Who was talking about Missions? I do expect that every offical adventure and campaign uses the offcial payment guidelines. Not saying that they are well-done, though. ;)

They did. Because they are GUIDELINES the writer looked at the suggested total and said "nah". Because they are GUiDELINES they were actually followed to the letter and SR is consistent with itself and the universe can continue to exist.
My Shadowrun Pinterest collections: Landscape and Characters
My Shadowrun works