NEWS

building an infected troll SR4 charisma question

• 8 Replies

lord_shadow_666

• Newb
« on: <03-07-17/1550:54> »
Hey guys, given that the troll starts with a charisma of 1 but has a -1 penalty for being a Dzoo-Noo-Qua I am guessing I have to give him at least 1 charisma or he ends up as a vegetable from the start?

How do you guys run this sort of thing when it happens to one of your characters at character creation?

Glyph

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1 on: <03-07-17/2223:50> »
I would say you are correct.  I'm not really fond of those rules, myself.  They go against the grain of the other character creation rules, where weaker stats still start out at rating: 1, and are penalized with lower maximums.

Tym Jalynsfein

• Chummer
« Reply #2 on: <03-08-17/1507:32> »
If we allowed Infected, the Stat Adjustment would affect the Maximums at Character Creation.
The problem with defending the purity of the English language is that English is about as pure as a cribhouse whore. We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary. - James. D. Nicoll

lord_shadow_666

• Newb
« Reply #3 on: <03-09-17/1046:54> »
If we allowed Infected, the Stat Adjustment would affect the Maximums at Character Creation.

So you wouldnt drop the minimum at character creation leaving them with a Charisma of 1 at the start?

Tym Jalynsfein

• Chummer
« Reply #4 on: <03-09-17/1511:26> »

So you wouldnt drop the minimum at character creation leaving them with a Charisma of 1 at the start?

The Minimum is already 1 at Character Generation.  :)
I would not MAKE the player purchase Charisma 2 so that it could be a 1. I would just reduce the Troll Maximum Charisma Down 1. 
The problem with defending the purity of the English language is that English is about as pure as a cribhouse whore. We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary. - James. D. Nicoll

lord_shadow_666

• Newb
« Reply #5 on: <03-10-17/0452:40> »
Sounds like the best way of doing it to me.

Kiirnodel

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #6 on: <03-11-17/0059:31> »
That's actually how the attributes for the Infected work in SR4, it doesn't alter the character's current attribute, only the racial minimums and maximums. The minimum is still at least 1, so the Dzoo-Nu Qua, just has 1 less max, it doesn't alter the minimum or current attribute. Page 79 of Runner's Companion, paragraph starting with "Consult the Infected Attribute Modifier Table..."

Glyph

• Ace Runner
« Reply #7 on: <03-11-17/1705:50> »
You're right.  My bad - I missed the "SR4", so I was talking about the SR5 rules.  Sorry for the confusion.

lord_shadow_666

• Newb
« Reply #8 on: <03-13-17/1153:18> »
Thanks for all the input guys