NEWS

Anything known about when the Seattle election will be wrapped up?

• 9 Replies

Beta

• Ace Runner
  • SR1 player, SR5 GM@FtF & player@PbP
« on: <07-10-17/2212:39> »
The Seattle box set up the fall of Brackhaven, and when I finally got my paws on Cutting Aces I was excited to see information on the 'special election' to replace him. It happened to have some things that fit perfectly into my game right now  -- so well that it is almost creepy -- so I'm running with it.

Of course, that means that I have to decide who wins.  So I'm wondering if anyone knows if there are plans to have the results of the election in an upcoming book, and if so what/when-ish?  I'm assuming that I'll just deviate from cannon for a little while (in dues course whoever wins the special election will probably lose in the next regularly scheduled election, or could die even sooner).  I'm just curious if there are actually plans to cover the results, or not so much and it maybe gets mentioned some game years from now?.

Ragnarok

• Omae
« Reply #1 on: <07-11-17/0145:03> »
The Seattle box set up the fall of Brackhaven, and when I finally got my paws on Cutting Aces I was excited to see information on the 'special election' to replace him. It happened to have some things that fit perfectly into my game right now  -- so well that it is almost creepy -- so I'm running with it.

Of course, that means that I have to decide who wins.  So I'm wondering if anyone knows if there are plans to have the results of the election in an upcoming book, and if so what/when-ish?  I'm assuming that I'll just deviate from cannon for a little while (in dues course whoever wins the special election will probably lose in the next regularly scheduled election, or could die even sooner).  I'm just curious if there are actually plans to cover the results, or not so much and it maybe gets mentioned some game years from now?.

Who's running?
"More human than human" is our motto.
- Tyrell, Bladerunner

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #2 on: <07-11-17/1347:23> »
So I'm wondering if anyone knows if there are plans to have the results of the election in an upcoming book, and if so what/when-ish?
Yes. I would assume it gets a mention in whatever is released around Gen Con. There's usually a product release for that.

Who's running?
From Cutting Aces:
  • Nikola Taul (Democrat)
  • Corinne Potter (Technocrat)
  • Charles Seaver (Republican)
  • Katherine Choi (Archconservative)
  • Josephine Dzughashvili (Independent)
  • Alsono Solis (New Century)
  • Sonya Scholl (Independent)
  • Vaneesh Ibn Kanalyr (Independent)
« Last Edit: <07-11-17/1352:36> by Crimsondude »

Marcus

• Prime Runner
  • Success always demands a greater effort.
« Reply #3 on: <07-11-17/1410:53> »
Any word on what's coming out at Gen Con? :D
*Play-by-Post color guide*
Thinking
com
speaking

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #4 on: <07-12-17/1310:22> »
I don't think that there has been any formal announcements, unfortunately. I think that you should be able to get the tarot card decks, as they seem to be hitting distribution now, and there might be a possibility for Zero Hour and Forbidden Arcana.

lokii

• Chummer
« Reply #5 on: <07-13-17/0441:34> »
Any word on what's coming out at Gen Con? :D

"The Complete Trog" and maybe "Toxic Alley".

Oh, and "Sprawl Ops" (board game) and "Zero Day" (card game). The latter potentially this month already?

Anyway, that's what I heard. I put everything I find on this Shadowhelix page: https://shadowhelix.de/Shadowhelix:Angek%C3%BCndigte_Ver%C3%B6ffentlichungen
« Last Edit: <07-13-17/0446:16> by lokii »

Prime Mover

• Omae
  • Prime Runners need Prime Fixers
« Reply #6 on: <07-13-17/1633:14> »
Keep thinking complete Trog just a placeholder name.  Wasn't Trog always meant to be derogatory?
Why do things happen the way they happen? For
all I know the world Is Just one big game and all of
our actions are determined by the roll of a die.
-  Dunkelzahn,  Great-Dragon

Prime Mover

• Omae
  • Prime Runners need Prime Fixers
« Reply #7 on: <07-13-17/1643:19> »
Seen another pre order for this year too, Corporate Hideouts.   Strangely enough still seeing Black Lodge trilogy posted, was that canceled?
Why do things happen the way they happen? For
all I know the world Is Just one big game and all of
our actions are determined by the roll of a die.
-  Dunkelzahn,  Great-Dragon

lokii

• Chummer
« Reply #8 on: <07-13-17/1712:32> »
Keep thinking complete Trog just a placeholder name.  Wasn't Trog always meant to be derogatory?

Maybe orks and trolls embraced the term. In any case I got the impression it's the title of the final product.

Seen another pre order for this year too, Corporate Hideouts.

According to the Arcology Podcast episode 85 (1h17m20s) Corporate Hideouts was cancelled. Some of the material was used in Tangled Threads from the Seattle box set.

Sphinx

• Errata Team
  • Omae
« Reply #9 on: <07-25-17/1634:02> »
Complete Trog has the answer to the original question. Page 91: "Corinne Potter defeated Nikola Taul in the runoff, and we have a Technocrat leading the city."