NEWS

SR6W SRM 2081 FAQ Discussion

• 22 Replies

Jayde Moon

• Administrator
  • Ace Runner
  • Shadowrun Missions Developer
« on: <09-28-20/2245:31> »
Hey all, the new FAQ is out.  As always, please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, kudos, and gripes here!
That's just like... your opinion, man.

Hobbes

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #1 on: <10-03-20/0957:31> »
My power gamer Player in me is sad to see Stolen Goods banned.

The GM in me is happy to see Stolen Goods banned.

I will acknowledge that there are times when you just can't make me happy.  :  )

The earlier version was a really solid document, so I don't have anything more to add other than thanks for the time and effort!

Lormyr

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #2 on: <10-03-20/1454:25> »
I am pretty neutral about. Ideal situation would be nothing needs banned because authors have an understanding how to print balanced things.

In lieu of that, I prefer to see as little as possible banned or altered. Fairly on track with that currently.
"TL:DR 6e's reduction of meaningful choices is akin to forcing everyone to wear training wheels. Now it's just becomes a bunch of toddlers riding around on tricycles they can't fall off of." - Adzling

Stainless Steel Devil Rat

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #3 on: <10-03-20/1520:44> »
I am pretty neutral about. Ideal situation would be nothing needs banned because authors have an understanding how to print balanced things.

In lieu of that, I prefer to see as little as possible banned or altered. Fairly on track with that currently.

The goal is indeed to ban as little as possible.

Stolen Gear made that "cut" because frankly, it needs errata.  Needs, as in it doesn't even work coherently by the printed text.  And that means errata, not a SRM clarification.

I think when it finally gets formally fixed, SRM will no longer have a reason to ban it.
RPG mechanics exist to give structure and consistency to the game world, true, but at the end of the day, you’re fighting dragons with algebra and random number generators.

tequila

• Chummer
« Reply #4 on: <05-18-21/1304:29> »
Will there be an update to the FAQ before the upcoming Con season?
#thistasergoesto11

Quote from: Tarislar
ArmTech MGL-12: Nothing says love like a 3 round burst of HE Grenade to hit something for 32P
Nuff said.  :-X

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #5 on: <05-18-21/1349:23> »
There is an update coming quite soon. It may already be available inside CDT channels.  But don't quote me on that.. all I know is "soon".
RPG mechanics exist to give structure and consistency to the game world, true, but at the end of the day, you’re fighting dragons with algebra and random number generators.

tequila

• Chummer
« Reply #6 on: <05-18-21/1844:04> »
Soom(tm) :D

No worries. 
#thistasergoesto11

ArmTech MGL-12: Nothing says love like a 3 round burst of HE Grenade to hit something for 32P

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #7 on: <05-18-21/1915:30> »
Soom(tm) :D

No worries.

Very soon... as in 5 minutes ago :)

click here to get it!

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #8 on: <05-18-21/1931:00> »
Initiation and Submersion (and Foci Binding) are allowed in chargen in SRM! The toolbox is completely opened up.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #9 on: <05-19-21/0049:10> »
Initiation and Submersion (and Foci Binding) are allowed in chargen in SRM! The toolbox is completely opened up.

Almost... still no spells or complex forms in chargen beyond priority pick... in order to try to make priority pick still mean something!

tequila

• Chummer
« Reply #10 on: <05-19-21/1304:02> »
« Last Edit: <05-19-21/1312:38> by tequila »
#thistasergoesto11

wylie

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #11 on: <06-04-21/1040:00> »
Real quick
Where is the online grimoire?

I liked to know what player created spells are mission legal

Thank you

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #12 on: <06-04-21/1159:58> »
Real quick
Where is the online grimoire?

I liked to know what player created spells are mission legal

Thank you

To the best of my knowledge, there isn't one made public yet.  I believe it's going to be started with a handful of spells created by the SRM FAQ team, and then potentially added via community involvement.

wylie

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #13 on: <06-04-21/1324:56> »
Thank you
I was reading the new FAQ, as I'm hoping to start running again, and saw the spell creation part

I have an idea or 5, where may I send them, being a demo agent?

Mycroft

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Chummer
« Reply #14 on: <06-15-21/2005:53> »
If folks have ideas for spells post'em here in the forums. The SRM FAQ committee watches the boards and if something is really slick, it may find its way in new updates the FAQ.