NEWS

[6E] Excel Character Generator

• 169 Replies

Aria

• Ace Runner
« on: <08-29-19/1234:55> »

LINK UPDATED! v37

Links have been updated with Scotophobia and Astral Ways!

Enjoy

Dropbox <CG6.xx>
Google Drive <CG6.xx>

LINK UPDATED!
« Last Edit: <02-18-24/1641:10> by Aria »
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

markelphoenix

• Omae
« Reply #1 on: <08-29-19/2128:17> »
Ok folks, this is very much a work in progress based on the similar SR5 character generator that I built (with lots of help).  I’m putting it up here as a draft so that people can start to make use of it (it should calculate all the stats and allow you to buy gear etc), although it needs much tidying up, rules summaries, spells and CFs etc all adding to it.

Any comments / errors etc, please shout, I will continue to polish it off and get a more finished version up soon!

You should be able to download the file from this link…

<< CG6.01 DRAFT >>

It makes a few assumptions and I’m trying to pick up errata that I see, eg Adepts losing a point of powers when their magic is reduced as previous editions, that can be knocked out if needed (or left in as a house rule perhaps)

This is a life saver. Will be using this to gen my players characters for them this following weekend. Will help simplify the book keeping for this. Ultimately waiting for HeroLabs Online, but this is a great help until then.

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2 on: <08-30-19/0410:03> »
Glad it’ll be useful! Just a quick note, the pre-genned equipment lists on the equip summary tab are all still SR5 (why I greyed them out) so as a suggestion only... will probably work on those next as I find them useful for generating NPCs :)

markelphoenix

• Omae
« Reply #3 on: <08-30-19/1908:01> »
Glad it’ll be useful! Just a quick note, the pre-genned equipment lists on the equip summary tab are all still SR5 (why I greyed them out) so as a suggestion only... will probably work on those next as I find them useful for generating NPCs :)

Yeah, already suggested to a potentially player to ignore the gear select portion and just use the nuyen resources and then reference the book for gear.

markelphoenix

• Omae
« Reply #4 on: <08-31-19/1847:33> »
Just made another char using this. Made it so easy on me. Thank you.

FYI, slight bug. Exotic Weapons Skips on the main Sheet tab, so it throws off everything after Exotic Weapons by one under the specialization column. For example, go to Skills (Tab 3), do 1 in Specialization under Sorcery, put the text Spellcasting in the specialization description on that tab, switch to the Sheet tab and look at skills.

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #5 on: <09-02-19/0425:37> »
Thanks, I’ll sort that out ASAP

Edit: I’ve updated the version on the link with the correction and some of the pre-genned equipment lists are now in 6... I’ve hidden the ones that are still 5 to avoid any confusion!
« Last Edit: <09-02-19/1027:21> by Aria »

markelphoenix

• Omae
« Reply #6 on: <09-02-19/1103:49> »
Thanks, I’ll sort that out ASAP

Edit: I’ve updated the version on the link with the correction and some of the pre-genned equipment lists are now in 6... I’ve hidden the ones that are still 5 to avoid any confusion!

Awesome contributions, Aria. I will let you know if I spot anything else! Thank you again for your modifications!

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #7 on: <09-02-19/1252:42> »
On a roll today and I’ve already uploaded another draft...(realised I’d managed to miss off exceptional attribute somehow)

Link should be the same!

markelphoenix

• Omae
« Reply #8 on: <09-02-19/1324:31> »
Another bug. On Qualities page, the formula for counting the # of Qualities taken should be =SUM(C11:C123), to capture Positive Qualities as well.

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #9 on: <09-03-19/1125:03> »
Starting to feel like an overly optimistic first draft lol

Thanks for all the help snagging this, I’ve credited those helping on the sheet!

Should have a much improved version up in a couple of hours - not the finished beast but it has a load more detail in it

markelphoenix

• Omae
« Reply #10 on: <09-03-19/1949:00> »
Starting to feel like an overly optimistic first draft lol

Thanks for all the help snagging this, I’ve credited those helping on the sheet!

Should have a much improved version up in a couple of hours - not the finished beast but it has a load more detail in it

All your effort is appreciated. Been sharing this with my group and on forums when I can!

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #11 on: <09-04-19/1252:41> »
This is great work! I'm struggling a little to parse exactly how to fill it out...but that's part of the fun ;)

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #12 on: <09-04-19/1315:19> »
There are some instructions of sorts on the priorities tab, can try and make them clearer...?!

markelphoenix

• Omae
« Reply #13 on: <09-04-19/1704:56> »
look at priority columns from left to right. a 1 in the row of that column maps to the priority level.

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #14 on: <09-04-19/2359:02> »
Thanks guys...figuring it out...just required a little more brainpower than I’m used to. ;D