Shadowrun Play > Gamemasters' Lounge

zombies and insects and runners Oh My!

(1/1)

brombur:
I'm setting up a run where the opposition will be insects that use meat suits as their personal vehicles. Essential zombies with a hard nugget of insect on the inside.

Rules for this are scarce as the in-habitation and possession rules are focused on spirits and I want to play these as more of a physical parasite. As such I wanted to get some feedback on my planned rules and opinions on how to run certain aspects

1 - Meat suits are controlled through the use of the insects pumping electrical signals directly to the spine of the host providing both commands and control.

2 - The Critters are tough little buggers with hardened armor shells and since their control is via direct connections there isn't any particular weakness, ie headshots, that take out the meat suit. In fact I can't wait to hear the fear in their voices when they cap one of these in the brain and it just keeps going.

3 - Electric damage will disrupt control of the suit for a number of actions equal to the stun boxes

4 - Fire is the weakness of the critters

5 - They will try to use the meat suit to subdue the target them vomit acid onto them to make a point of insertion for a new larvea.

Here is where i'm debating. I want the meat suit to be destroyable but not through conventional shooting so how do I reflect this? With Fire damage itll be a normal physical damage but for shooting I'm torn between giving the body a high damage soak, or requiring a minimum of damage to be dealt or using the good old hit location tables and letting the bullets fall where they may.

Any thoughts?  I'd like to find a rules lite solution that feels right and doesn't require a ton of record keeping.

firebug:
This goes pretty hard against the setting of Shadowrun, where it would heavily overlap with insect spirit inhabitation.  Generally speaking there won't really be any kind of established rules that work well as a reference because of that...  You're going to have a difficult time finding suggestions.  Especially as a "rules-lite" solution, if you really don't care that much you may as well just use the Inhabitation rules...  Unless you're saying they're more complex than you'd like, as well?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version