NEWS

yang's weapon from RWBY

• 21 Replies

boomboy467

• Newb
« on: <03-04-15/2059:21> »
my characters is a bare that shapshifts into a minutar so could  you fit some sort of sawed of shotgun and git it claws?
« Last Edit: <03-04-15/2153:01> by boomboy467 »

Imveros

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1 on: <03-04-15/2120:49> »
i would start with the hardliner gloves which are

other
              accuracy   reach   damage     ap    avail    cost
Knucks Physical     —        (STR + 1)P   —   2R      100¥

then maybe use the rules for forearm guards

FOREARM GUARDS
NAME ARMOR RATING CAPACITY AVAIL COST
Forearm Guards +1 3 6 300¥

use that three capacity for say a hold out pistol? Add the three costs together add 50% and call it day. You could also try going the weapon focus route, but that's a whole nother animal right there
No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

"normal speech" thought "Matrix"   whisper "Subvocal" "Foreign Language"

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
  • I'm a Ma'fan of Shadowrun!
« Reply #2 on: <03-04-15/2341:00> »
my characters is a bare that shapshifts into a minutar so could  you fit some sort of sawed of shotgun and git it claws?

Your character is a bear shapeshifter that becomes a Minotaur?  And you want to give it a sawed-off shotgun and claws.  I knew there was a reason I had apprehension about Run Faster.  Invasion of the snowflakes!

Anyway - what are you talking about with the shotgun and claws thing?  Do you mean in bear form, or in Minotaur form?  Do you instead mean to give the character a shotgun in Minotaur form and claws as a bear?  Or vice versa?
Feel free to keep any karma you earned illicitly, it's on us.

Quote from: Stephen Covey
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.

Novocrane

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3 on: <03-05-15/0006:24> »
Quote from: Makwa Miskozi
This deadly combat platform is found in most North American Nations. Based on a grizzly bear, the Makwa Miskozi is a deadly fighter in close combat. It is even deadlier when deployed with its custom set of red armor and claw sheaths, which makes its natural weapon Damage Value 7P, AP -1, and gives it Ballistic/ Impact Armor 10/10, at an additional cost of 15,000¥.
This is from 4e, War.

You might be able to do something with either the remington roomsweeper (heavy pistol that uses shotgun rules), or Defiance T-250. (shotgun that can be sawn down to size between a submachine gun and an assault rifle) Neither fit in a standard hidden arm slide, but you might be able to suggest a mini gyromount with your GM.
« Last Edit: <03-05-15/0008:14> by Novocrane »

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #4 on: <03-05-15/0120:49> »
Quote from: Makwa Miskozi
This deadly combat platform is found in most North American Nations. Based on a grizzly bear, the Makwa Miskozi is a deadly fighter in close combat. It is even deadlier when deployed with its custom set of red armor and claw sheaths, which makes its natural weapon Damage Value 7P, AP -1, and gives it Ballistic/ Impact Armor 10/10, at an additional cost of 15,000¥.
This is from 4e, War.

Oh so the OP is trying to replicate something from 4th edition.  Got it.

Out of curiosity, what on earth does the OP mean by "yang's weapon from RWBY"?  I'm going to assume that this is some sort of anime?

Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.

Novocrane

• Ace Runner
« Reply #5 on: <03-05-15/0138:07> »
Oh so the OP is trying to replicate something from 4th edition.  Got it.
Oh, I have no idea what they're trying to replicate. I just knew that exists.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RWBY

Having seen one episode, I found I had no need to see more. Ever again.

Sithlis

• Newb
« Reply #6 on: <03-05-15/0205:08> »
It dies get better.......a little

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #7 on: <03-05-15/0259:38> »
Wow, hard to imagine that the guys that made the infamous Red vs Blue videos are responsible for that.

Apparently this is the weapon the OP is trying to reproduce.  Apparently this is a forearm guard that create pulses of kinetic energy.  Yawn.  Anyway, to the OP: no.  There's no way to do this in Shadowrun.  Because this sort of thing is absurd.  You would have better luck implementing this type of thing in an anime-themed RPG, like Open Versatile Anime.  This would presumably allow you to do all the weird bear/Minotaur/kinetic energy bracelets your heart desires.

Raven2049

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
  • CDT "Special" Agent
« Reply #8 on: <03-05-15/1728:43> »
yes kinetic energy, but it is stored in shotgun shells. personally id rather have Ruby's weapon from there, but i like sniper rifles :D

Your character is a bear shapeshifter that becomes a Minotaur?  And you want to give it a sawed-off shotgun and claws.  I knew there was a reason I had apprehension about Run Faster.  Invasion of the snowflakes!

my thoughts exactly....

Reaver

• Prime Runner
  • 60% alcohol 40% asshole...
« Reply #9 on: <03-05-15/1832:41> »
yes kinetic energy, but it is stored in shotgun shells. personally id rather have Ruby's weapon from there, but i like sniper rifles :D

you mean like how any firearm works??? (kinetic energy)

And this is the problem with things from anime and other works of fiction. They describe things that make no sense in the real world.

Kinetic energy is a fancy way of saying "It moves". A bullet is moved through the air from the explosive force of the propellant that is burned by the priming cap....

Or, a falling object is instilled with kinetic energy from gravity pulling it to the ground.

A fist has kinetic energy from the muscles moving it through space.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinetic_energy

Namikaze is correct, you can not make this weapon in SR, (or any game that obeys the laws of physics)

Where am I going? And why am I in a hand basket ???

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.

DeathStrobe

• Omae
  • Front Range Free Decker
« Reply #10 on: <03-05-15/1913:37> »
Wow, hard to imagine that the guys that made the infamous Red vs Blue videos are responsible for that.

Apparently this is the weapon the OP is trying to reproduce.  Apparently this is a forearm guard that create pulses of kinetic energy.  Yawn.  Anyway, to the OP: no.  There's no way to do this in Shadowrun.  Because this sort of thing is absurd.  You would have better luck implementing this type of thing in an anime-themed RPG, like Open Versatile Anime.  This would presumably allow you to do all the weird bear/Minotaur/kinetic energy bracelets your heart desires.

I think Shadowrun as a setting is versatile enough to do something like this. It'd basically be a forearm guard with a gun inside and the use of Gun Kata. You would not be able to do all the over the top things like using the guns to propel you into the air, but being able to punch and shoot someone should be doable. Though you are literally shooting them mechanically and not punching them.
« Last Edit: <05-27-15/1105:19> by DeathStrobe »

Reaver

• Prime Runner
  • 60% alcohol 40% asshole...
« Reply #11 on: <03-05-15/1927:47> »

I think Shadowrun as a setting is versatile enough to do something like this. It'd basically be a forearm guard with a gun inside and the use of Gun Kata. You wouldn't be able to do all the over the top things like using the guns to propel you into the air, but being able to punch and shoot someone should be doable. Though you are literally shooting them mechanically and not punching them.

(Hopefully) fixed that for you.
Where am I going? And why am I in a hand basket ???

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.

Raven2049

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
  • CDT "Special" Agent
« Reply #12 on: <03-06-15/0644:18> »

you mean like how any firearm works??? (kinetic energy)

doh!
* Raven2049 slaps head

Fabe

• Omae
« Reply #13 on: <03-06-15/0950:48> »
Well,at least the OP isn't asking what the DV on a Corgi should be.

adzling

« Reply #14 on: <03-06-15/1016:50> »
hahahaha