NEWS

FAQ Page

• 7 Replies

Typhus

• Omae
« on: <05-16-22/2308:08> »
Just thought I would applaud the effort on the FAQ page.  Very timely on the heels of of the 6WC.  Very helpful.

Link here, for those who haven't seen it yet: https://www.shadowrunsixthworld.com/shadowrun-sixth-world-faq/

Stainless Steel Devil Rat

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #1 on: <05-16-22/2337:25> »
Thanks for sharing the word!

Both the FAQ and 6WC were in the works for quite some time.  It's gratifying to see them both finally go into the wild!  I do hope it helps people enjoy 6e even more... and in some cases give it a 2nd chance!
RPG mechanics exist to give structure and consistency to the game world, true, but at the end of the day, you’re fighting dragons with algebra and random number generators.

MercilessMing

• Omae
« Reply #2 on: <05-17-22/1125:32> »
Yeah I'll concur it was very helpful.  I've been playing for 2 something years, active in the community, still learned a couple things.

Shadowhack

• Newb
  • We live in a dystopian society right now.
« Reply #3 on: <05-17-22/1352:28> »
Yeah, the FAQ looks really comprehensive and combined with the companion a lot of folks could come back or start up again.

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #4 on: <05-17-22/2224:52> »
This was quite interesting…I’ve been lurking in the shadows for most of 6e…feeling the pull to step back into the light. ;)

Raizer13

• Newb
« Reply #5 on: <05-23-22/1340:20> »
A big surprise to me was seeing a big change that it appears you can now counter spell adept powers and critter powers.  Anyone have any insight into this change?

Xenon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #6 on: <05-23-22/1427:40> »
it appears you can now counter spell adept powers and critter powers. 
There are some restrictions ;-)

Adept Powers that "cost an action to activate" (Adrenaline Boost, Astral Perception, Attribute Boost, Killing Hands, Wall Running)

"Targeted and sustained" critter powers (Animal control, Compulsion, Concealment, Confusion, Engulf, Guard, Movement, Petrification,  Psychokinesis)

All other Adept Powers and Critter Powers (in the CRB) are innate and does not act like sustained spells.

You had similar rules in previous edition:

SR5 p. 315 Mana Barriers
....many always-on critter powers are innate and so are unaffected by a barrier.
« Last Edit: <05-23-22/1430:21> by Xenon »

Xenon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #7 on: <07-24-22/1813:15> »
https://www.shadowrunsixthworld.com/shadowrun-sixth-world-faq/#bonus-initiative

a hacker in hot sim VR has +4D6 Initiative Dice before any potential bonus dice are added.

https://www.shadowrunsixthworld.com/shadowrun-sixth-world-faq/#VR-user-mode

Cold sim VR gives +1 initiative dice (for a total of +2D6) and hot sim VR gives +2 initiative dice (for a total of +3D6)