AP: -2
Mode: SS/BF
RC: (1)
Ammo: 20
Availability: 15F
Cost: 16,000
Mods: Internal Bipod, Powered Easy Breakdown
Accessory: Imaging Scope w/Image Link & Smartlink

Looking for a solid sniper rifle who will give you coverage in any situation, look no further then the N7 Hawksnipe Widow. With Burst Fire coverage fire, you can be a solid asset to any Shadowrun team. With zoom capabilities up to 120 yards away this is the all time greatest Assassin tool. You cannot go wrong with the N7 Hawksnipe Widow.

TheWanderingJewels

• Omae
« Reply #1 on: <11-07-11/1810:39> »
nice Mass Effect Conversion  8)

that's the one designed to chew through biotic sheilds right?
Tech dreams of organic toys
And I'm runnin' out on the edge
Soft screams of the rockerboys
Echoing through my head

--Miracle Of Sound, City Of Night

Druid4Life

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <11-07-11/1815:28> »
Nice somebody got the ME reference.

Yeah it is the sniper that is meant to rip through Biotic Shields.

Is there anything that I could improve on with the build of the Sniper.

TheWanderingJewels

• Omae
« Reply #3 on: <11-07-11/1819:05> »
let me check my Books when I get home to compare, the I could more accurately comment. Asa comment, it wasa relatively light calibur Sniper weapon due to  the burst effect, does the damage reflect the burst value?
Echoing through my head

Druid4Life

• Newb
« Reply #4 on: <11-07-11/1828:34> »
I'm not sure, I have only just got into SR and so am just fiddling around with it and learning as I go. Should it be higher or lower.

Any helpp later would nbe good as I intend to use this Sniper in my Shadowrun game I am starting soon.

TheWanderingJewels

• Omae
« Reply #5 on: <11-07-11/1850:38> »
Np. Working Late Tonight but will take a look at it. Juding from the widows design, it used standard light assaultrifle rounds ina 4 round burst against the target. would probably chew the hell out of armor if using specialty rounds...anda 4 round burst to the head will blow any mundane to fine mist on that kinda shot
Echoing through my head

Tsuzua

• Omae
« Reply #6 on: <11-07-11/2013:21> »
Personally I first thought of the Bozar.  ;D

Assuming you can get 5 RC and you do narrow bursts*, it's an on-par Barrett 121 (10P -2AP versus 9P -4AP but with beanies).  Compared to an errataed gauss rifle (9P -1/2 then -4 AP) though, it's a bad deal.  Even if you use anti-tank rounds and have 10P -8AP, unless the target has 15 or less armor (at which point all of this is kindof overkill), you're better off with a gauss rifle.  A HMG is 12P -3AP then 9P -3AP which is more damage overall.  So it's a high tier longarms firearm.  Nice, but there are better options.

*-I'm assuming the same for all future analysis in the post.  Also all damage is base

TheWanderingJewels

• Omae
« Reply #7 on: <11-08-11/1827:30> »
given that it's a sniper rifle firing subcalibur (5.56 rounds ina very tight grouping, see metalstorm tech) I'd say use standard light AR rounds for the base damage. The Burst value will kick it up to 8p anyway. hmm... need to think about this one
Echoing through my head

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
  • Ask me about NERPS! 30% Sales!
« Reply #8 on: <11-10-11/1329:25> »
You can't compare this to a Gauss Rifle... there's availability to keep in mind you know. My char could start with a Barret or this rifle if it bought Restricted Gear.
The Gauss rifle will forever be out of reach for starting chars. Also the rifle could be silenced, I don't think Gauss rifles can.

Tsuzua

• Omae
« Reply #9 on: <11-10-11/1525:18> »
You can't compare this to a Gauss Rifle... there's availability to keep in mind you know. My char could start with a Barret or this rifle if it bought Restricted Gear.
The Gauss rifle will forever be out of reach for starting chars. Also the rifle could be silenced, I don't think Gauss rifles can.

You really out not to be burning a restricted gear on any of these guns unless you're doing a one-shot.  5 BP for the right to have a Barrett early isn't worth it.  This also don't take into account comparing a sniper rifle to a HMG. 

As for silencing, you can technically silence it.  You can add a silencer to any SA or SS weapon.  Now I don't know if this makes any amount of sense.  Similarly I would not bat an eye if a GM said you couldn't.  You can sound suppress an HMG though and that's just as good (or at least it shouldn't be that much worse).

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
« Reply #10 on: <11-11-11/0318:31> »
Right, damned. Forgot that's one of my houserules... My bad.
Still though, I would spend 5BP on a Barret for some chars; and I know a lot of GM's who might let you get one during play but would make you jump through a whole lot more hoops to get a Gauss Rifle (and a lot more still for a modified one). It just rocks so much.

Crash_00

« Reply #11 on: <11-11-11/0340:22> »
Arsenal (pg.  29)

MACHINE GUNS AND CANNONS
All machine guns and assault cannons can be equipped with
top-, barrel-, and underbarrel-mounted accessories, unless otherwise
noted. They cannot use silencers or sound suppressors and
suffer from double recoil modifiers (see Recoil, p. 152, SR4A).
Firing these weapons requires the Heavy Weapons skill.

So no silenced Guass Rifles or suppressed MGs.
Of course you can always take a barrett, slap a large Firing Mod: Full-Auto on it, pop Electronic Firing in it and a Sound Supressor, Shock Pad, and Gyro Stabilization Harness on it for a nice anti-armored troll weapon.

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
« Reply #12 on: <11-11-11/0346:26> »
KNEW that was somewhere! Forgot that despite being older than SR4A, Arsenal (if used) overrides the core book on some of those things.

Crash_00

« Reply #13 on: <11-11-11/0358:15> »
Ya, some of those rules you need a good four or five in you Research skill to find these days they're so scattered around. Sadly I still have the page memorized from SR3 though.

JustADude

• Prime Runner
  • Madness? This! Is! A FORUM!
« Reply #14 on: <11-11-11/0432:07> »
Of course you can always take a barrett, slap a large Firing Mod: Full-Auto on it, pop Electronic Firing in it and a Sound Supressor, Shock Pad, and Gyro Stabilization Harness on it for a nice anti-armored troll weapon.

So, question is do you get any money for removing and selling off the stock Bipod and Silencer mods?
“What is right is not always popular and what is popular is not always right.”
― Albert Einstein

"Being average just means that half of everyone you meet is better than you."
― Me