NEWS

Forbidden Arcana Errata

• 74 Replies

UnLimiTeD

• Omae
« Reply #30 on: <05-13-17/0837:56> »
Dark Ally allows a magician to bind a spirit otherwise not able to be bound.
Going around a few corners here, that means there can also be great forms of those spirits. The same is probably true for dedicated conjurer as long as it doesn't specify limits to the choice.
But most of those spirit types where never expected to be bound, and thus have no great form powers.
To jump through terrifying straight to unreasonably lunatic, what special powers could a great form Wraith have?  :o

Or the the actual point of this post:
I think it might be useful to have a line or two wherever there's space detailing in general what will happen in those cases.
Still waiting on a Vector-Thrust Liminal Body.

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #31 on: <05-16-17/2041:54> »
Null Wizards apparently still have access to the Conjuring skill, is this intentional?

JmOz01

• Omae
« Reply #32 on: <05-17-17/1908:36> »
This might be a dumb question but if you get a feat from a alternate tradition (Let's say budhism), do you need the prereqs for the feat?

UnLimiTeD

• Omae
« Reply #33 on: <05-17-17/1927:15> »
If you mean the mastery qualities, the preferred tradition just receives a discount of 2 skillpoints on all requirements, if any.
You can take them independent of tradition, though there's some heavy requirements at times.
Null Wizards apparently still have access to the Conjuring skill, is this intentional?
Heh, that's rather massive. Sure that's an oversight, though it would make Null Wizards somewhat useful.

JmOz01

• Omae
« Reply #34 on: <05-17-17/1932:23> »
If you mean the mastery qualities, the preferred tradition just receives a discount of 2 skillpoints on all requirements, if any.
You can take them independent of tradition, though there's some heavy requirements at times.
Heh, that's rather massive. Sure that's an oversight, though it would make Null Wizards somewhat useful.

I have a very different read:  Page 62,
Gain Barehanded Adept for free (magicians
resist drain normally).
• Gain Spiritual Pilgrim for free .
• Gain Spiritual Lodge for free

emphasis added for clarity
« Last Edit: <05-17-17/1935:31> by JmOz01 »

UnLimiTeD

• Omae
« Reply #35 on: <05-17-17/1956:18> »
Ah, you mean the rules for "traditional" magicians. I was talking about the tradition being mentioned with the qualities.
I believe that no, you don't need the prerequisites. It be pretty silly otherwise, as in your example, it requires being an adept while the tradition clearly mentions how it applies to magicians.

JmOz01

• Omae
« Reply #36 on: <05-17-17/1959:49> »
Good point...I wonder if my GM will allow me to change my tradition...(I'm a Buddhist, thinking going traditional...)

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #37 on: <05-24-17/2344:24> »
Good point...I wonder if my GM will allow me to change my tradition...(I'm a Buddhist, thinking going traditional...)

If not, you can Paradigm Shift into any Tradition. Handy for those games that are ongoing. :)

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #38 on: <06-13-17/1309:43> »
p.68

BERSERKERS (ADEPT ONLY) FREE ADEPT POWER
Berserker Temper: When you take Physical damage in combat—or if someone under your care is badly injured—make a Charisma + Willpower Test (wound modifiers apply). You go berserk for 3 Combat Turns minus 1 turn per hit, so 3 or more hits averts the berserk temper entirely. If your totem also has this disadvantage, then any turns they might impose stack with the results of your test those additional turns (for example, if a Berserker chooses Bear, then they can possibly go berserk for as long as 6 turns). Berserk power bonus does not apply while raging with Berserker Temper. When Berserk, you go after characters without regard for your own safety.

This "free" adept power doesn't carry any benefit at all - on the contrary it invalidates an existing berserk power. I assume that there is a sentence missing which explains the benefits (which should be pretty massive since everything else about this is absolute shit)

talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

UnLimiTeD

• Omae
« Reply #39 on: <06-14-17/0622:16> »
I've wondered that myself. I tink I might have brought it up before the crash.
First I thought that it would grant an extra power point, but now I believe it's just meant to grant you regular berserk bonuses, given it doesn't stack with berserk.

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #40 on: <07-11-17/2332:12> »
Can the weapons created by blood crystal limbs be used as weapon foci?
If yes, if you use the Tattoo Magic technique from Street Grimoire to create a weapon focus, does the focus still work if the limb isn't actively being used as a weapon?

UnLimiTeD

• Omae
« Reply #41 on: <07-18-17/0455:55> »
You mean does a weapon focus work if the weapon isn't being used?  ???

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #42 on: <07-18-17/0534:12> »
I mean, which are you enchanting? The sword, or the limb? Does the weapon focus still exist if the sword is retracted, or is it destroyed? Or is your limb itself the weapon focus? If so, can you benefit from unarmed attack bonuses?

Mostly I'm just mad about tattoo magic being a thing.
« Last Edit: <07-18-17/0934:52> by Chummer 5 is Alive »

Kiirnodel

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #43 on: <07-18-17/1718:54> »
Can the weapons created by blood crystal limbs be used as weapon foci?
If yes, if you use the Tattoo Magic technique from Street Grimoire to create a weapon focus, does the focus still work if the limb isn't actively being used as a weapon?

The weapons created through the Blood Crystal Limbs aren't permanent, they are temporary constructs that the user of the blood crystal has learned to manipulate and use as a weapon. Additionally, the nature of Blood Crystals means that they already have a magical nature, making them less than suitable for use as a telesma. It's never explicitly stated, but I know I wouldn't allow Blood Crystals to be enchanted as foci.

How would you suggest tattooing crystal? That method for adding enchantments to them seems impossible in a pretty self-explanatory method.

Again, personally, I wouldn't allow Tattoo Magic to be used to create Weapon Foci. There would need to be a more definite "weapon" that is being enchanted. The concept behind Tattoo Magic is that the ink and artwork of the tattoo serves as the physical anchor for the focus/quickened spell/etc. Weapon Foci, since they require an actual weapon as their base, wouldn't qualify.

However, this thread isn't here for arguing the logistics of Tattoo Magic. But the long and short of your original question Chummer 5 is Alive, no you probably can't enchant your Crystalline Blade as a Weapon Focus, and almost definitely not through the use of Tattoo Magic.

&#24525;

« Reply #44 on: <07-18-17/2333:47> »
self-explanatory
Fairly common in 5th, yet not its strong suit.