NEWS

OOC: Urban Brawl

• 2168 Replies

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
  • Ask me about NERPS! 30% Sales!
« Reply #1185 on: <11-05-11/0555:18> »
Hm, sorry, I thought you'd started without me, didn't know you were still waiting on me.

Been away from the forum and seriously busy outside of it, haven't been able to do much work on the character but I figured that time wasn't that important anymore since I'd wait this game out; guess I misunderstood.

The concept is/was a Chaos Mage who (believes he')s a direct descendant from the caesars that once ruled the civilized world. He believes that magic is just a newly discovered source of energy which can be studied scientifically and which can be used as a tool and wielded like a weapon by those strong enough of will and mind. He thinks he's far above mundane people *not strong-minded enough to use magic* and even more above shamanic and similar types (Cha-based) of magic-users *deluded people too weak of mind to control magic and instead let it control them*. Spirits are something he despises too of course, nothing more than bundles of magical energy that needs to be controlled; their so-called sentience something that just needs to be corrected/beaten out of it.
Mainly focused on manipulation (the ability to bend things to his own powerful will) and counterspelling (the ability to have his will overpower that of others). At first wanted to make him a mage/shooter with Mind over Matter to use Logic instead of agility for shooting, but that seems just unattainable for BP's...

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1186 on: <11-05-11/0848:24> »
@Xzyl:

I understood that you had some very pressing real life issues (actually we all do i think but you got the kind that you can't ignore!) and as I understood from some other threads you posted, some very good news as well, congratulations :)  Correct me if i'm wrong.

We actually did already start so we'll play this UB6 out...with the four players we got and then on UB7 you can climb on. 

The character concept sounds awesome! 

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1187 on: <11-05-11/1304:19> »
@Thermo:

So I assume that you have an illusion spell cast on the wolf....what exactly is that?  I'll just assume for now that it's 3 hits on the spellcasting test associated with the spell since your sustaining focus is rating 3.  I'll say you had it cast for a while already and the drain has healed if there was any.  So where are your other pets at?  They're not with you are they?  In the non- corp parts of the Sixth World Metroplex i'm not gonna say that you'd look like a "freak" walking around with a falcon on your shoulder and a dog and a cat around you.

Thermo

• Omae
« Reply #1188 on: <11-05-11/1312:12> »
The illusion spell that Thunderhead keeps cast on Max most of the time is a Force 3 Improved Invisibility. Shoryuken (Merlin Hawk) isn't even restricted, so he perches on Thunderhead's shoulder with his talons firmly grabbing his chainmail coif. Nova (Blackberry cat) stays curled up in his satchel. Even if Thunderhead wants to leave Nova behind she somehow always shows up.

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
  • Ask me about NERPS! 30% Sales!
« Reply #1189 on: <11-05-11/1504:38> »
Word of warning: F3 Improved Invisibility actually does nothing vs. a lot of sensors. "Security devices" have a device rating of 4.

Thermo

• Omae
« Reply #1190 on: <11-05-11/1703:06> »
good to know, thanks for the heads up on that.. guess I'll be casting it at a higher force (and sustaining it myself) during anything in a security area

Socinus

• Newb
  • Emerged
« Reply #1191 on: <11-05-11/1737:10> »
Can I get any satellite views of the area? Aerial photos? As recent as possible without becoming a labor to get, something to show the terrain and possible structures.

Is this an area where a vehicle could get through?
In a society that has abolished all adventure, the only adventure left is to abolish that society

Characters
Firewall Character Sheet

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1192 on: <11-05-11/1742:55> »
Sure, a vehicle could get there on a single highway, but vehicles are easily spotted.  To get some hardcore smugglers to take it through via vehicle or through the air using bribes, evasion, etc. is too expensive for him. 

Once the whole team gets there you can negotiate with him.  I'll say each net hit on a negotiations test is 5000 nuyen. 

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #1193 on: <11-05-11/1746:06> »
Can I move Zach forward to Meeting with Brick, or would there be anything else in the meantime?

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1194 on: <11-05-11/1833:20> »
@Sichr:
Make sure you're reading up in the posts because I did call for a Smuggling Route test if you wanna make it into downtown.  Just forget about that roll though.  Teyl is a little more busy lately so we'll just move it all forward so that Brick finally met up with you and you both went to the meet with the Amerindian dwarf where he's with Firewall and Thunder right now.

@Teyl & Sichr:

Start IC'ing from the point where you walk into the garage.

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1195 on: <11-05-11/1850:25> »
@Sichr:
Make sure you're reading up in the posts because I did call for a Smuggling Route test if you wanna make it into downtown.  Just forget about that roll though.  Teyl is a little more busy lately so we'll just move it all forward so that Brick finally met up with you and you both went to the meet with the Amerindian dwarf where he's with Firewall and Thunder right now.

@Teyl & Sichr:

Start IC'ing from the point where you walk into the garage.

Ive rolled for that, its in my last IC post, well I did have only 3 hits so I didnt succeeded, taht is why I told Brick we will meet in Renton...cuz Downtown is not an option now (out of luck, Zach wont get laid with that barmaid until he gets his fake SIN or, gets 5 hits on smuggling routes or take a risk and try to play tag with KE drones :) )

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1196 on: <11-05-11/1902:03> »
@Sichr: 
My bad lol....didn't see that ....been checking forums in between long hours on the computer doing work. 

In any case, just IC from the point I mentioned.

I thought he already tapped that ass?  I guess Zach keeps going back for more. 

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1197 on: <11-05-11/1904:39> »
He would, but you see, its not an easy task to get to that place :)

Socinus

• Newb
  • Emerged
« Reply #1198 on: <11-05-11/2036:24> »
Can I pick up a satellite view of the area we're going through? Even a 2070 Google Maps shot will do, just to give us an overview of the topography and SOMETHING to go off of.
In a society that has abolished all adventure, the only adventure left is to abolish that society

Characters
Firewall Character Sheet

Teyl_Iliar

• Omae
  • Professionals, Don't cross them.
« Reply #1199 on: <11-06-11/0036:15> »
I will post to the IC tonight, burning out a food coma.

ok now that I'm back with the living... a few questions.
Since Zach and I skipped the part where we met up I would like to clarify if we [Zach & I] know anything about this job other than it's a job and it pays? (I know Zach got an address and echo about a possible and he would have told Me that once we linked up, but is there anything else he'd know?) Brick is always interested in something that pays good, but always more important is if he can trust the person trying to sell the work. Being greeted like he was expected and the assumption he'll take the work with no briefing from a dwarf he doesn't know/hasn't met is less than settling. (which goes back to question 1. If we have any reason to trust this guy is on the level we can talk business but otherwise this is one of those moments where you ask yourself, "20k, to move something for a man I don't know, to a place I've never been? am I SURE this isn't a set up?" and considering what happened to him and zach recently that would be something he'd be worrying about.) also, I want to make the test to see if I can see the wolf as that will tell me volumes about the other dwarf in the room. Can we use street cred to help us with negotiation rolls?

For the tl;dr crowd
Do we know anything about this meet/johnson to just accept the work without caring it's a setup? can we use Street cred to help with rolls dealing with the Johnson?

things I'll have to roll for: (Yes, I will post them in the IC once I do post.)
What's the roll I'd need to make to detect the wolf? straight willpower? or Will+something? If it is Straight will, 3d6.hits(5)=2 I'm betting I don't see it.
Judge intentions on the Johnson (5d6.hits(5)=3) / Visual perception of  the other two men in the shop. Visual perception of the two other men in the room. (8d6.hits(5)=2, Firewall 8d6.hits(5)=3) Thunderhead
« Last Edit: <11-06-11/1025:33> by Teyl_Iliar »
UB
Brick
speaking
ITF
Slip
speaking
thinking
comm