NEWS

OOC: Urban Brawl

• 2168 Replies

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1170 on: <10-28-11/2149:57> »
Well Zach hit a bit of a snag, but we'll just use this little time while this is resolved to get everything in order to start the next UB in earnest.  In any case, Zach can contact Brick at any moment. 

Teyl_Iliar

• Omae
  • Professionals, Don't cross them.
« Reply #1171 on: <10-28-11/2347:15> »
Hey everyone, thought I'd say hi as I'll be jumping into the current Urban Brawl game. I'm playing a dwarven mystic adept druid beastmaster named Fenris Greybeard, aka Thunderhead. He's got a bunch of skills and such related to animal handling (qualities and adept powers), and he has a giant Fenrir Wolf that he keeps out of sight by using an illusion spell to make it look like a beagle. He's got some powerful beast spirit summoning abilities. He can provide astral overwatch and counterspelling as well. He's not immensely powerful in direct combat, but he can at least hold his own when the magic runs out. He's got some serious issues with technology, so don't expect him to do anything too high-tech. The character sheet, in case you want to read more, is linked in my sig.

(bows)
welcome aboard, thermo/greybeard. You have one of the most unique concepts I've seen in the game so far and to be honest I don't have any suggestions for you character wise as I, 1. don't know anything about how to make him better at what he does. 2. wouldn't know what to add without taking away part of that unique-ness I spoke of before. I am curious what your take on what you're bringing to the table here is. What kind of skills/strengths are you adding to us?

@ inca: If thermo is joining us who isn't? to my knowledge Xzy isn't finished with his character, and I'm not sure what's going on with our demolitionist technomancer as you haven't done anything to include him in UB6 yet. Can you clarify?
UB
Brick
speaking
ITF
Slip
speaking
thinking
comm

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1172 on: <10-29-11/0007:34> »
So Xzyl said to move on without him cuz he's super busy right now so Thunderhead will be filling his spot with his unique build.  So Firewall the technomancer/demolitions dude is on-board and as soon as we finish this hitch he'll meet up with the crew if Zach isn't under arrest or dead.  Otherwise we'll figure some other way for you guys to meet.  This means though that we're back up to a full well rounded team hopefully. 
« Last Edit: <10-29-11/0009:27> by inca1980 »

Socinus

• Newb
  • Emerged
« Reply #1173 on: <10-29-11/0200:34> »
Do you have a link to the formatting for IC talk/actions etc etc are spelled out?
In a society that has abolished all adventure, the only adventure left is to abolish that society

Characters
Firewall Character Sheet

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #1174 on: <10-29-11/0856:56> »
Sorry guys my brother is celebrating his 30. birthday so things are a bit..ehh...hectic...hopefully Ill be able to post some serrious shadowrun tomorow. today just rolls without further fluff

Thermo

• Omae
« Reply #1175 on: <10-29-11/1512:55> »
Hey everyone, thought I'd say hi as I'll be jumping into the current Urban Brawl game. I'm playing a dwarven mystic adept druid beastmaster named Fenris Greybeard, aka Thunderhead. He's got a bunch of skills and such related to animal handling (qualities and adept powers), and he has a giant Fenrir Wolf that he keeps out of sight by using an illusion spell to make it look like a beagle. He's got some powerful beast spirit summoning abilities. He can provide astral overwatch and counterspelling as well. He's not immensely powerful in direct combat, but he can at least hold his own when the magic runs out. He's got some serious issues with technology, so don't expect him to do anything too high-tech. The character sheet, in case you want to read more, is linked in my sig.

(bows)
welcome aboard, thermo/greybeard. You have one of the most unique concepts I've seen in the game so far and to be honest I don't have any suggestions for you character wise as I, 1. don't know anything about how to make him better at what he does. 2. wouldn't know what to add without taking away part of that unique-ness I spoke of before. I am curious what your take on what you're bringing to the table here is. What kind of skills/strengths are you adding to us?

@ inca: If thermo is joining us who isn't? to my knowledge Xzy isn't finished with his character, and I'm not sure what's going on with our demolitionist technomancer as you haven't done anything to include him in UB6 yet. Can you clarify?

Glad you find the character interesting! I have been reading some of the Dresden Files books and I liked the challenges that would be presented by a character that had issues with modern technology.

As for what he brings to the party, he's a solid all-around combat mage and summoner, with the ability to do astral monitoring and counterspelling as well. Good blend of offense and defense. His beast summoning should be really helpful, as he's got some serious chops in this department not necessarily in his Force but in his drain resistance and his skill. The animal handling part seemed really cool to me. The Merlin Hawk will be great for aerial surveillance and such, since they can cast illusion spells and detection spells. The Fenrir Wolf acts mostly as Fenris's bodyguard, since Fenris doesn't have any melee skills. The wolf is also good for intimidation, tracking, shadowing, and counterspelling. He's got two offensive spells, both of which involve sending clouds of shrapnel into the enemy. Pretty cool. He'll be able to buff the combat-oriented characters with Increase Reflexes as necessary, and he can cast Heal on the wounded after the fight.

If anyone doesn't have the Running Wild sourcebook I can post the stats on his animal companions so you can get a feel for what they'll be useful for

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1176 on: <10-29-11/1655:08> »
IMO very good character. I just didnt want to repeat what Teyl said. I had a feeling that you will be part of this team as soon as I saw your character in Black Book. I also had a feeling that I was sending a meesage to you or to inca, but I cant find it so possibly I was too drunk or just imagined that :D

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1177 on: <10-29-11/2131:22> »
Do you have a link to the formatting for IC talk/actions etc etc are spelled out?

Look at the first post for the OOC thread.  That has the format for IC.  We keep it simple and it's worked out just fine until now. 

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1178 on: <10-30-11/1525:19> »
@Zach:
[OOC:  If you're not going to do anything else this CT and just want to move forward to the next CT here's the drone's 2nd CT Vehicle test: Response 4 + Maneuver 4 + Speed advantage 2 = (10d6.hits(5)=2).]

Correct, I need to gain significant advantage because after one minute= one chase turn more drones gets attracted so I need advantage to shake off their numbers.
I would work with Average thresshold (2) so if I understand itt right I have +3+4 dices from my Maneuvers for next turn vehicle test?
Confirm please...

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1179 on: <10-31-11/1645:00> »
@Zach:

You only can do a "Chase Stunt -- Maneuver" one time / CT.  So only one IP out of your 3 IPs can be used for this.  So take the first roll, and that gives you a modifier of 3 dice to your Opposed Vehicle Test for the next CT.  So you spent 1st IP jamming, 2nd IP Maneuvering, and if you're not going to do anything your 3rd IP then just do you rolls for the next CT. 

If you win the vehicle test, then you can move to "Long" range and then you can start using the Chase Stunt IP to do a Break Away stunt action instead of the Maneuver.

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1180 on: <11-03-11/0541:31> »
??

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1181 on: <11-03-11/1737:56> »
I don't quite understand your question.

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1182 on: <11-03-11/1822:36> »
I don't quite understand your question.

:)

No questions :)

http://forums.shadowrun4.com/index.php?topic=5136.msg83875#msg83875

Just dont know if you didnt missed my post and are waiting for me :) you know me...impatient as always...and I want this to move...any direction

Thermo

• Omae
« Reply #1183 on: <11-03-11/1842:59> »
Is the group still waiting on another player?

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1184 on: <11-04-11/1511:32> »
No we're not waiting on any more players and from the looks of it we're all ready to go now.  I was just playing out Zach's little predicament while we waited, but since he got a critical success on the break away test, in the interest of time i'm gonna say that he managed a break away.  Zach just is gonna have problems in getting downtown.

@Zach:

Roll a Intuition + Smuggling Routes (5) test and if you succeed you make it to the meet with Brick downtown.  If  not, then you can't find a safe way into downtown.  Good thing you got a good bike skill or you might be in jail right now.