NEWS

OOC: Urban Brawl

• 2168 Replies

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
  • Ask me about NERPS! 30% Sales!
« Reply #1110 on: <09-25-11/1359:43> »
Currently working with the Chummer Character generator and have to say that it's the best I've found so far, as complete as the Damian Knight Excel Sheet and a lot easier to use.

- Spirits: I -HATE- them. Enough to seriously consider taking "One Less Spirit" as a spell. Spending Karma on temporary benefits is something I just can't do. Hmm... "prejudiced, spirits, active", is that enough to warrant some BP's? ;-)

Feel free to send me some builds in any format you want though, I'll find a way to read it :)

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1111 on: <09-26-11/1049:29> »
@Xzyl:

Have you looked into possession based traditions in street magic?  They also flesh it out a little more in the PDF Digital Grimoire.  You add force to your existing physical stats up to racial max.  I'm imagining a troll possession based mage would be pretty messed up.  You can also have your spirits possess enemies...corpses...it's pretty bad-ass.  You also get the hardened armor of a spirit too :) 

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #1112 on: <09-26-11/1154:47> »
Yup, posession traditions are designed to create hardly stopable magical tanks IMO :)

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1113 on: <09-26-11/1249:46> »
@Xzyl:

I'd say the only thing to think about with possession based mage is that there is going to have to be a splitpersonality role playing aspect, and also as the GM i'd have more input and leeway since spirits are NPC's.  You'd still control the actions of your possessed form, but there'd be the door open for some control by the GM.  Just giving you a heads up.

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1114 on: <09-26-11/1411:14> »
I'll look into it, but we had a possession spirit at the table once... the group's immediate response the first time he let himself be possessed, was telling him to get the f*** lost or have a whole lot of bullets headed for his brains (the only reason we didn't fire immediately was because we felt kind of bad for the player.
Then we had a brief OOC look at the character and what it could and couldn't do and decided it was just too munchkiny.

And did I mention I hate spirits? :p

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1115 on: <09-26-11/1714:55> »
So Karma give out is 5 for going on the run and surviving it.  It would have been another 5 for completing the mission but that didn't happen.   So base Karma is 5.

@Brick:  +2 for pwning the cyborg.  You were a good deal more cautious but since you're the sole survivor of 5 Urban Brawls, maybe it's paid off for you.

@Zach:  +1 for surviving that crazy run into the hallway.  Even though it was a little brash and may have contributed to the failing of the run, it still was ballsy.
                    you do have nine lives my friend.
              +2 for staying back and making sure the group got out safe before you did.
              +1 for trying to save Wagner even though in the end he bit a piece of that borg and fell to his death.

Well we lost two good shadowrunners on this run......a moment of silence please......one of them was not able to handle the shear power of magical entities which those insane enough to follow his craft must deal with day in and day out.  Now he's flying the metaplanes with the eternal ones.  The fate of your other fallen colleague is also not so clear....you saw what you saw....this is the 6th world though....who really knows.  So maybe dump a forty out on the pavement for them or something, whatever feels most appropriate.

Ok, the surviving runners also get both 1 point of Notoriety.  Corp Sec. have rumor mills of their own and often like to swap stories of runners they sent running for their money. Make sure to mark on your character sheet what this notoriety is for because i like to determine individually what notoriety applies for what tests. 

Teyl_Iliar

• Omae
  • Professionals, Don't cross them.
« Reply #1116 on: <09-30-11/0341:08> »
I've added the notoriety to Brick's sheet. Since we've got the time, we should discuss if we want to sell or keep the rover. I think it would be a boon for us to sell it as we don't have anyway of utilizing it in a useful way, (no one has gunnery or mechanical skill to keep it moving if it gets trashed.) considering it's in good condition right now we might as well sell it for a good price. (it's worth 51750Ą even at a -40% knock off it'll be 31050/2 =15525. I'm sure after Anita kicks the price up to take her cut of the profit, it'll be at LEAST that much, which we can then invest in getting ourselves more prepared than we were this time for anything this big time.

No offense Inca, and I know we've gone over this a thousand times here, but for the pay we'd be getting the risk of going in against MCT just wouldn't be worth it. we wouldn't have even made enough to cover hospital costs new SIN's, repairs even. going up against the 3xA's is going to require us to have better gear and tech than we had with us, not just to get in, but to even face down the kinds of threats we're facing, Brick slagging that borg is one thing, fighting 10 dudes with AR's in Milspec armor is something totally different. (This isn't meant to be viewed as bitching, I'm just making an observation. ;))

Brick is going to make plans to move somewhere else inside of Everett and get a new SIN as well as armor at the very least.
I'll spitball some figures and go over the sale of the rover with you when you've got the time.
UB
Brick
speaking
ITF
Slip
speaking
thinking
comm

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1117 on: <09-30-11/0354:04> »
Ain't my call, but I'd keep the vehicle if allowed. Even without gunnery skills, a command program with optimization isn't that expensive and gives you a nice dicepool. And it's still a good team transportation with wifi-negating smuggling compartment.

You can sell the other drones if need be; though they can operate by pilot as scout if you need 'em.

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1118 on: <09-30-11/0616:49> »
For Zach the time has come for initiation IMO. Id like to follow the main characters motivation, as I had quoted it before...to get in contact with Cascada orkish tribes (Crows?) 
Dont have too much money also, but IMO for the doctor it would be enought. I have 14 days of radio silence with Brick and I will avoid other places Ive been visiting lately, including docs ambulance...Ill send a message to her when Im close to ambulance so she could direct me to some safe entrance/exit points of her ambulance..
"Cat, liver got fried a bit, maybe need a good cook to take care of it. point them to safe vector."

When inside the ambulance, Ill stay only for the time necessary, using theat time to chage my AcessID in the commlink and check those drones wagner parked on me (surprised a bit, I didnt even noticed that in the heat of a situation)

When Im done with it, Id like to try to look for some contacts in the orkish underground. Even magical group would be helpfull, well Ill seek ammong my brethen...and ordeal of course. Ill solve this when i got to my books.

Inca, Id like to tlk more about that cascade connection. Are you familiar with this tribe? Cascade Crows or ravens or IDN how they are called in english? I remember them from second edition and maybe some books, well IDN any reference right now...

Socinus

• Newb
  • Emerged
« Reply #1119 on: <10-12-11/2117:19> »
Alright. Here is Tolan, the newest addition to the team submitted for review and approval.

http://www.mediafire.com/?3q91314h41b1ixp

I have to apologize in advance if there are any glaring flaws. I'm rather ill at the moment so I'm not firing on all cylinders.
In a society that has abolished all adventure, the only adventure left is to abolish that society

Characters
Firewall Character Sheet

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1120 on: <10-13-11/0318:35> »
Alright. Here is Tolan, the newest addition to the team submitted for review and approval.

http://www.mediafire.com/?3q91314h41b1ixp

I have to apologize in advance if there are any glaring flaws. I'm rather ill at the moment so I'm not firing on all cylinders.

welcome to the heat. would you post your character in Character creation and critique? mediafire dont work here behind the firewall..

Socinus

• Newb
  • Emerged
« Reply #1121 on: <10-13-11/1040:20> »
Linked in the sig, bottom link.
In a society that has abolished all adventure, the only adventure left is to abolish that society

Characters
Firewall Character Sheet

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1122 on: <10-13-11/1133:01> »
@Everyone:

So let me know what you guys think of the new character we might have on board.  You can message me personally your ideas.

@Socinus:

Ok, I have several issues with your build but I need to review it a little more to give you a complete assessment.  I'll post more a little later.  I need a BP breakdown of your character.  The most glaring problem though is having a Resonance of 7.  Maximum is 6.  Then you also have a heavy pistol but you don't have a skill for heavy pistols.    Look at Fastjacks code and fill that out.  It's the best way to show a character here on the forums.

@Brick: 

Those figures for the Van look good for me.   However, since the Van is so bad-ass and it was in great condition and belonged to an ex-teammate, It'll only be marked down 20% instead of 40%.

@Zach:

You're good with Doc Watson and he just tells you to rest up.  To find the Cascade Orks (which come from the Cascade Crows) it's a little more involved because Salish-Shidhe immigration policies for non-Amerindians is quite strict.  If you would like their aid in Initiatiing, I would make the search and meeting of them count as your Initiatory Ordeal.   If you want to persuade the team to help you on this that could be an option for what I'd make UB6.

@Xzylvador:

So how's the character coming?

« Last Edit: <10-13-11/1136:13> by inca1980 »

Socinus

• Newb
  • Emerged
« Reply #1123 on: <10-13-11/1204:04> »
@Socinus:

Ok, I have several issues with your build but I need to review it a little more to give you a complete assessment.  I'll post more a little later.  I need a BP breakdown of your character.  The most glaring problem though is having a Resonance of 7.  Maximum is 6.  Then you also have a heavy pistol but you don't have a skill for heavy pistols.    Look at Fastjacks code and fill that out.  It's the best way to show a character here on the forums.

I didnt use the BP system, I used Karma. Which is how I got a Resonance of 7, with 1 rank of Submersion. The weapon is a pistol-sized grenade launcher.

The breakdown
Stats- 305
Resonance- 281
Active Skills- 182
Knowledge/Language- 29
Positive Qualities- 10
Negative Qualities- -80
Resources- 2
Contacts- 20
Total = 749 spent out of 750 Karma

[spoiler]Name: Tolan
Alias: Firewall
Race: Elf
Sex: Male
Nationality: American
Lifestyle: Low
Karma Spent: 749
Physical Description: Tolan is fond of wearing non-descript clothing and concealed armor. He is most often seen wearing a hooded sweatshirt and dark cargo pants with work boots. He also frequently carries around a backpack or messenger bag which he keeps close to his person, almost never removing it.
In the few Matrix encounters that have been recorded with Tolan his icon appears as a paramilitary figure, masked and heavily armored. It carries a large grenade launcher in which the grenades take the form of the programs he uses.

Personality/background Earliest records recovered from Mitsuhama project on the investigation of the Technomancer phenomenon. Tolan was enrolled by his parents at 16 in a front group that posed as a support group for newly emerging Technomancers and their parents. Several years after enrolling, Tolan was reported missing after not coming home after school. Few details exist of the time Tolan spent at Mitsuhama but from recovered data it is reasonable to assume that he endured extremely injurious conditions while at Mitsuhama.
The project Tolan was held by was halted five years after he was brought in. An explosion destroyed half the facility the project was housed in and many of the participants escaped, Tolan among them. The cause of the explosion was blamed on faulty equipment; however the presence of chemical residue after the explosion contradicts this theory. Over the next few years, Tolan rarely surfaced for long. Recently, Tolan has come into the shadows as a full-fledged runner, borrowing a significant sum of money (In Debt 15,000) to finance his entry and the pursuit of his goals.

Tolan seems motivated by revenge (Vendetta and Enemy (4) = Mitsuhama) for his years of captivity. His hatred of Mitsuhama and its allies should not be underestimated. His demeanor is quiet and non-confrontational, preferring to sit and wait for a target to come to an optimal position rather than a direct assault. This is counter-balanced by his use of explosives, something he greatly enjoys. Tolan almost seems to consider his devices to be works of art, taking deep pride in being able to create massive amounts of destruction or death to a single person in the middle of a crowd without so much as ruffling the shirt of the person next to the target. His penchant for creative applications when it comes to explosives, and his tendency to opt for maximum damage whenever given free reign to do so, has earned him the nickname Firewall.
Tolan’s operation is methodical, careful, and subtle right until the moment his plans are activated. Someone walking away from a confrontation with Tolan feeling victorious had better be cautious. They may find that their vehicle has been augmented with…explosive new features.

Attributes

BodyAgilityReactionStrength
CharismaIntuitionLogicWillpower
EdgeMagic/ResonanceEssenceInitiative

Positive Qualities
None
Negative Qualities
In Debt (15,000)
Vendetta (MCT)
Enemy (4) (MCT)

Active Skills
Heavy Weapons (Grenade Launchers) 4 (+2)
Demolitions 5
Electronics (Group) 3
Tasking (Group)
Hacking 4
Electronic Warfare 3

Knowledge Skills
IED Design 4
High Energy Chemistry 3
Matrix Security 4

Language Skills
English  N

Spells/Complex Forms/Programs
Edit 7
Decrypt 7
Exploit 7
Stealth 7
Smartlink 1

Gear
8 x Mini Flash-Bang Grenade
8 x Mini Fragmentation Grenade
Concealable Holster
8 x Mini High Explosive Grenade
Miniwelder
Glue Sprayer
Goggles (1-6) Rtg 4
Flare Compensation
Thermographic
Vision Enhancement R(1-3) Rtg 3
Low Light
Kit
Subvocal Microphone
Chemistry Shop
Gas Mask
10 x Spare Clips

Contacts
Army EOD Officer (5/5)[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <10-13-11/1330:23> by Socinus »

Characters
Firewall Character Sheet

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1124 on: <10-13-11/1427:38> »
@ everyone:
Sorry, life's incredibly busy at the moment and not in the most pleasant way. No time for games whatsoever :(
I really am working on the character but I feel pretty bad for stalling you all so much. Probably best you start a game without me...