NEWS

OOC: Urban Brawl

• 2168 Replies

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #975 on: <08-13-11/0951:06> »
none here
But I have chameleon with 4 Thermal dampening, so at least this would help...well it doesnt matter against UWB or ultrasound...

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #976 on: <08-13-11/0953:11> »
Just a reminder...if some of those bullets that hit me are still in my body, Wagner, please remember to do the scan for security RFIDs and shutting them down, before we leave the building...thanx

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
  • Ask me about NERPS! 30% Sales!
« Reply #977 on: <08-13-11/1158:39> »
Remind him later, preferably in-game. I'm sure I'll forget otherwise.

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #978 on: <08-13-11/1212:41> »
:)
There aere two of us who know about it...three when we count GM...and Im sure he will not forget about this possibility :)

Teyl_Iliar

• Omae
  • Professionals, Don't cross them.
« Reply #979 on: <08-13-11/1234:12> »
sorry Xzy, I've only got smoke, not thermal smoke.
UB
Brick
speaking
ITF
Slip
speaking
thinking
comm

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
« Reply #980 on: <08-13-11/1320:55> »
Better than nothing, no?

.... Ventilation shaft!  Inca, any chance of Wagner getting in the node in charge of the heating? If he can turn the heat up to max, we'll be sweating a lot but invisible to thermal.

Teyl_Iliar

• Omae
« Reply #981 on: <08-13-11/1732:29> »
Better than nothing, no?

.... Ventilation shaft!  Inca, any chance of Wagner getting in the node in charge of the heating? If he can turn the heat up to max, we'll be sweating a lot but invisible to thermal.
Honestly I doubt they'll help us more than they'll hurt us. if the shaft is 100 meters there won't be enough time for the smoke to fill the shaft, if we throw one down, we won't know when to slow for the end of the decent, we pop one in the room we won't be able to see anything in the room or even equal and then lower to it once the smoke fills the room and over flows in to the shaft and starts to decend. The possibility that we'll be blind on both ends and in more trouble that way than without is very high, you sure we want to do that.?
UB
Brick
speaking
ITF
Slip
speaking
thinking
comm

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
« Reply #982 on: <08-13-11/1830:18> »
Throw one down?
How about drop +/-10m from starting point, fix one there, drop another 10m before it detonates. Poof, everything between us and them filled with smoke.
Sounds preferable to being shot by a bunch of people hanging out of the opening into the shaft firing down at you while hanging on a rope above a 100m drop...
Then again I'm not sure if the cloud floats up, vanishes or descends.

Teyl_Iliar

• Omae
« Reply #983 on: <08-13-11/1912:15> »
They aren't exactly sticky genades. Placing them would take time we aren't going to have. It's gravity assist or placement on the floor no time for anything else. Besides you're going to be the only one who control his decent. I'm not going to be able to stop once I start going. Just in case there is some kind of confusion I'm going to be doing this, which is very different from rappelling which looks like this.
« Last Edit: <08-13-11/1925:22> by Teyl_Iliar »
UB
Brick
speaking
ITF
Slip
speaking
thinking
comm

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #984 on: <08-14-11/0300:32> »
Come on, there is not much time left for chitchat.The first Half of your descent Ill be covering you, Wagner.. Brick may be able to get down in that time. Then Ill rappel down myself, Brick can provide cover from ground level (100m is far away for my SMG range, but not so far for his Panther...)
You will be safe all the way down ;)
Now lets move it...or Ill change my mind and begin to ask about fulfilling our primary goal :)

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
« Reply #985 on: <08-14-11/0427:08> »
Already decending, rolled initiative and everything.
Will even edit to add the drones climbing tests!

Teyl_Iliar

• Omae
« Reply #986 on: <08-18-11/0125:29> »
wondering what the hold up is ???
UB
Brick
speaking
ITF
Slip
speaking
thinking
comm

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #987 on: <08-18-11/0335:52> »
As I told in IC: Would it be possible to find a place +-15 meters from the place we are entering elevator shaft? Firm place where I can stand or sit or whatever and have LOS on the "entry" point? Maybe some construction girder or something???

IDN. I just need one answer... :)

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #988 on: <08-18-11/1246:11> »
Sorry guys! this week has just been really nuts and I'm going nuts trying to apply to some positions and I just bought a car and it's gonna need some more work..etc. etc. ... If i don't post tonight then tomorrow for sure! 

@Sichr:

I'm gonna start you off at that hard point you're asking about.

@Everyone:

Everyone else is gonna start off 20m down into the shaft.

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #989 on: <08-19-11/1706:59> »
@Wagner:

So i'll take the progress of your slowest drown...you know the weakest link ...since you're tied to both of them.  So when one of them fails the test, then both of them fail.  I have them succeeding together 8 times.  That's then a base of 8x5m=40 m.  Then each net hit over 2 adds a meter, so adding up all the net hits i get 8, so a total of 48 meters in 4 combat turns.  For a glitch i'll just say subtract 2d6 meters.  2d6=4.  So that's a total of 44m.  So you are 64m down the shaft....i.e. 36m from the bottom at the end of 4 CT's....way to buy the team some time. 

@Brick: you're all the way down, you don't see any resistance in the horizontal tunnel you've come out into.

@Zach: You're 15m down the shaft at the end of 4 CT's with your climbing gear all attached and ready to go.