NEWS

OOC: Urban Brawl

• 2168 Replies

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
  • Ask me about NERPS! 30% Sales!
« Reply #885 on: <07-26-11/1210:15> »
Dangerous move, still in range of that 1 turret; and like you said, lord knows what else is around that corner... plus it's likely that's where reinforcements will be coming from while we're pinned down in our room.

But *shrug* It's your call.

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #886 on: <07-26-11/1230:34> »
Dangerous move, still in range of that 1 turret; and like you said, lord knows what else is around that corner... plus it's likely that's where reinforcements will be coming from while we're pinned down in our room.

But *shrug* It's your call.

nowhere else to go :( Id rather have any other choices, but only thing on that corridor that should provide me cover is another doors on the oposite side...closed IMO. So if there are 3 turrets on every 20 meters of corridor everywhere in the facility, this makes no difference. With luck and enought APDS Ill be able to disable that turret. If you disable other two, Ill be able to fall back, but right now it is running against 3 machine guns and thats too much IMO...enought to take me out even with suppressive fire.

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #887 on: <07-26-11/1701:56> »
@Xzyl:

Before you do any more matrix actions please specify what your current program load is.  I tried to look to see if already did but i can't find it, so if you have just show me where.  With your System 5, you can have up to 5 ergonomic programs running and then you can choose what else you have loaded currently.  Also let me know what subscriptions you have.  One for each drone and then one to the maglock node.  Remember you can have a maximum of 10. 

Teyl_Iliar

• Omae
  • Professionals, Don't cross them.
« Reply #888 on: <07-26-11/1716:49> »
unless the turrets know xzy and myself are in the closet I'm gonna just hold my actions until i need to defend myself or him. The door is my hard point, if something hostile comes through it, I'm gonna open up on it.
UB
Brick
speaking
ITF
Slip
speaking
thinking
comm

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #889 on: <07-26-11/1739:13> »
@Brick:
Ok so the utility room door we'll assume is closed right after Zach when out.   

@Xzyl:

You still need to hack the maglock node inside of Combat Turns if you want to enter it.  Only this way can you also have wired access to the node which LOCK424A9 is slaved to. 

@Sichr:

Just for future reference look at pg. 261 SR4A on motion sensors.  It's a standard rule.
Defeating a motion sensor
requires that characters move very slowly through the field, one halfmeter
per Combat Turn, and succeeding in an Infiltration + Agility
(3) Test. Characters amped for speed may find it difficult to maneuver
in this way; apply a negative dice pool modifier equal to their extra
Initiative Passes.

Maybe you're character is super awesome and going places unnoticed from sight or sound and doing it very quickly.  Going insanely slowly at 1/2 meter per combat turn though is something that maybe is harder for someone who's built for quick fluid motions.  Just imagine that you're Cat Mentor Spirit's bonus cancels this out and makes you also normal at going super slow through motion sensors since you effectively don't have the -2 that a street sammy with 3 IP's would have.  So you can still imagine yourself like a cat. 
« Last Edit: <07-26-11/1741:36> by inca1980 »

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
« Reply #890 on: <07-26-11/1756:30> »
Posted about the Ergonomics before, don't ask me where... previous game or OOC. Would've mentioned the other programs when Wagner prepared after hearing the plan, but Zach took of without a countdown and PbP doesn't really make interrupting easy :)
Ergonomic: Loaded unless otherwise mentioned:
Analyze 6
Encrypt 6 (comms)
Armor 5
Biofeedback 5
Stealth 5

Since this is a potential combat situation:
Command

And then since he's preparing to hack:
Exploit 5+1
Attack 5

I'm assuming Zach & Brick's comms are slaved to Wagner's and he's encrypting the channels, are those subscriptions?
Other than that, since the doberman's managed to come along, all 5 drones are here: Two doggies in the room, two crawler's currently sitting on his boots and the dragonfly gecko'd on his shoulder like a pirate's parrot.

Ninja'd:

I know I need to hack during the CT's. Since Zach wanted to try his way, Wagner didn't want to risk an alarm by hacking in before he got a chance to get in undetected.
Man, I hate hacking on the fly :p

I kind of imagined the utility door being opened, otherwise Brick & drones couldn't rush to Zach's aid when required...

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #891 on: <07-26-11/2011:19> »
@Sichr:

Just for future reference look at pg. 261 SR4A on motion sensors.  It's a standard rule.
Defeating a motion sensor
requires that characters move very slowly through the field, one halfmeter
per Combat Turn, and succeeding in an Infiltration + Agility
(3) Test. Characters amped for speed may find it difficult to maneuver
in this way; apply a negative dice pool modifier equal to their extra
Initiative Passes.

Maybe you're character is super awesome and going places unnoticed from sight or sound and doing it very quickly.  Going insanely slowly at 1/2 meter per combat turn though is something that maybe is harder for someone who's built for quick fluid motions.  Just imagine that you're Cat Mentor Spirit's bonus cancels this out and makes you also normal at going super slow through motion sensors since you effectively don't have the -2 that a street sammy with 3 IP's would have.  So you can still imagine yourself like a cat.

Understood, still, this is really stupid:
1) exception from normal infiltration vs. perception test: non-systematic, this also maks me cry. Well I should live with that
2) that speed penalty is absolute nonsense. Cybered character should turn his wires off, so he will not suffer any penalties. Considering wires as alien to body. On the other side, adept, who is awakened, and thus magic is natural part of his body and life, he learns how to use it every minute of his life since awakening or from birth. well he could not turn this off, so he suffers penalty. thank you SRA writers. Even more stupid is that the character who is able to make judgement three times faster than normal human would be penalized for it...even if it means that he realizes possible mistake much faster than normal human and have a better chance to correct it. blablabla.
enough from me, just, more im reading SRA, more I see than some things are really crippled.

Posted about the Ergonomics before, don't ask me where... previous game or OOC. Would've mentioned the other programs when Wagner prepared after hearing the plan, but Zach took of without a countdown and PbP doesn't really make interrupting easy :)

oops...ive just began when Ive ended before my leave for germany :) no posts show sign of further planning :) eeeh...sorry if Im too hasty (doesnt matter, probing would take hours and Stryker would began to stink during that time....)

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #892 on: <07-26-11/2017:06> »
@Inca: Just remove those 1S1S wound, dont know where it comes from and it is nothing but a mistake.
Can you please describe more details about those turrets? Id like to shoot one and I dont know if I need to aim fir something special, how big they are etc... thanks..

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #893 on: <07-27-11/0156:28> »
@Sichr:

Ok, I read from one of your posts that the drain you suffered was 1S each, but I see that was before the resist test so I changed it and you're not wounded.

@Everyone:

Turret naming:
                        T7

T6

T1       T2          T3

T5

T4

I would rather treat the turrets as grunts, so I'll just have them all act on Init score 10. 
« Last Edit: <07-27-11/0208:18> by inca1980 »

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
« Reply #894 on: <07-27-11/0237:41> »

Zach does a two back hand springs and makes it around the bend into the other corridor. 

That's his action and it's now Wagner's?

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #895 on: <07-27-11/0402:21> »
IC posted...almost :)
Inca, Ill roll normal dicepool if there are any mods remove dices by your consideration

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #896 on: <07-27-11/0435:38> »
I have 6 points of RC, and long burst + short burst is 5+2, so maybe I have one more dice for the second shot. Well...
possible recoil dice :) (1d6.hits(5)=0)
shit happens :)

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
« Reply #897 on: <07-27-11/0640:45> »
9 hits... Firewall 4, +2 slave, +3 secure account, I'm in? *beg*

Wait, didn't hacking a slave mean automatically being redirected to the master node, so I'm hacking that? Damn my lack of knowledge and books!

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #898 on: <07-27-11/0646:19> »
9 hits... Firewall 4, +2 slave, +3 secure account, I'm in? *beg*

Wait, didn't hacking a slave mean automatically being redirected to the master node, so I'm hacking that? Damn my lack of knowledge and books!

One node, the slave, may be linked to another node, the mas-
te r. In this setup, the master is given full admin access to the slave.
When slaving a node to a master, the slaved node does not accept
any Matrix connections from any other node but the master and
instantly forwards any connection attempts to the master.
Hackers have three options when faced with a slaved node.
First, they can hack in directly to the slave with an additional
threshold modifer of +2, though this requires a physical (wired)
connection to the device. Second, they can hack the master node
(thus gaining access to the slaved node—and any other slaves—
as well), though this node is usually more secure. Tird, they can
spoof the access ID of the master node and then spoof commands
to the slave.

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
« Reply #899 on: <07-27-11/0709:08> »
Having access only to the maglock would be kind of pointless though, not? The maglock controls... well, itself. It wouldn't have turret control or even control to other doors. So attacking the system itself sounds good.
Guessing 9 ain't enough to get through into the security system?
(Then again, Firewall 6, Security  Account +3 = 9. No -2 'cuz I'm not attacking a slave?)
« Last Edit: <07-27-11/0801:08> by Xzylvador »