NEWS

OOC: Urban Brawl

• 2168 Replies

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
  • Ask me about NERPS! 30% Sales!
« Reply #765 on: <05-05-11/1606:26> »
@Inca: And gratz on 1000 posts to you, heh. Loving reading Road to Redmond by the way.
You thinking of squeezing in another UB before leaving on your trip?

Chrona

• Prime Runner
« Reply #766 on: <05-05-11/1610:24> »
Nah, It's nothing. The 'spammer' threshold is 2500 posts. :P

What happens then?

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #767 on: <05-05-11/1627:12> »
You became AI

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #768 on: <05-05-11/1653:12> »
@Xzylvador:
Yeah man, my idea is let's just start off a UB naturally, and then once I leave on my trip it'll probably just slow down, and we'll just keep doing it at a slow pace until i come back and speed it up again.  That way there's at least something going on, and that's funner than nothing :)

I'm glad you're enjoying Road to Redmond.  If they guys survive it, they'll be close to finishing it hopefully before I leave.  It's nice to be GM'ing 1 epic storytelling PbP and 1 no-nonsense gritty cut-straight-to-the-chase PbP.....so i wanna keep that going cuz it's a good balance.
« Last Edit: <05-05-11/1659:12> by inca1980 »

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #769 on: <05-05-11/1956:28> »
So are people gonna be doing anything in the interim until UB5?

Teyl_Iliar

• Omae
  • Professionals, Don't cross them.
« Reply #770 on: <05-05-11/2048:23> »
So are people gonna be doing anything in the interim until UB5?
Brick will contact anita looking for 40 rounds of panther ammo. total cost 1800 avail:16f it'll take 2 days per interval to find them. and Springing to do something nice for her since she's been pulling so many favors for him recently. Since she's usually a work a-holic the gravity bar north would be a place she could let her hair down. the core book lists a fancy dinner place as being 100-200 per person/meal so I'll let you decide on the price tag. It'll be anywhere between 250-450Ą (with drinks) It might even cost a little bit more but she's worth it to him. so that'll take his profits from this run remaining, 2,350 after the team meal -1800 = 550 leftover which is just enough for the night out and a tip to anita for the ammo he's looking for. I'll just say at this point it's all spent. and I'm back down to what I had from the get go till you get back to me about what you want to make those prices. I'll probably hit you on chat if you aren't busy and want to haggle. :)
UB
Brick
speaking
ITF
Slip
speaking
thinking
comm

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #771 on: <05-05-11/2249:49> »
Well, the fancy dinner isn't what did this, cuz Anita ain't like that, but it's not like it hurts....but let's raise her Loyalty to 6.  I would say it's just more a general reflection of how she's become more and more a part of your life with your daughter.

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #772 on: <05-06-11/0208:37> »
Well tonight Im going to give a ride to that redhead...a bit carefull if she is working for Vory...and Ill dissapear before she woke up.
Fuck and forget...or at least Ill see her sometimes in the furture in that pub...
I`ll spend most time bz travelling the roads of Seattle, trying to improve my knowledge of the streets...to the point Ill try to add a specialization for Smugling routes - Seattle
Also my navigation skill is something I have used a lot, , Im thinking about raising it or adding the specialiyation also...
Im also becoming quite used to the Seattle streets, so I think that adding Urban specialization to my Survival skill
This I suppose would be natural developement, although Im trying to save Karma for spiritual growth, this seems to support the evolution.
Im also trying to find some contacts with ORCA (maybe with Bricks help) and Im listening to the street knowledge about Crows (IMHO that is Orkish tribe called "Cascada Crows", but I may be mistaken by Czech translation of 2nd ed.)

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
  • Ask me about NERPS! 30% Sales!
« Reply #773 on: <05-06-11/0313:10> »
Wagner spends a while updating his drone's EW software, the rest of the time he spends mostly on coding a piece of software to send at the next hacker to attack his node.
He has a SIN... intelligent, skilled, experienced... maybe the shadows weren't such a good decision, he could make a pretty good living getting a 9 to 11 job.
But the freedom of not having to do that was getting to him, and running sure did offer a heck of a lot more fun and excitement than being a wageslave, even a wageslave that got to mess with drones and machinery.
Then again, if nuyen didn't start coming in very soon, he'd be kicked out of this place... that wasn't really a problem for himself, but Klaudia and the other girls deserved better. If needed, he'd give up his freedom again to make sure they had a dry and warm place to stay.
Needless to say, he doesn't get much work done, too distracted by financial problems, hoping and waiting for a job offer that doesn't arrive.
Coding, Blackhammer 5, Threshold 10 1 month interval: Software 3 + Logic 5 + PuSHeD 1 + Enceph 2 (11d6.hits(5)=2)
He chats with Jakub and Sarah, always in the matrix. Promises of dropping in when they're in the neighborhood get exchanged, but everyone "really busy with a lot of things" right now; they have their jobs, Wagner's got his worries.

=== Thinking about hoarding karma for Juryrigger. Anything that'll save Wagner some cred seems well worth it. Yeah, whatever happens, he'll find a way to treat his girls like they deserve.
« Last Edit: <05-06-11/0356:02> by Xzylvador »

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #774 on: <05-06-11/0329:26> »
Stryker will be working with his new Circle, using his skills (Arcana, Enchanting, Medicine, First Aid, Assensing) to help them and make their bond into something more than just group members. He'll also try to pick up any hints and advice that could help him improve his own bond with the Manastreams (I'm hoarding Karma to raise Magic to 5 - it'll take ~2 more runs, but I need to improve Stryker's Magic to reflect his advancement), and server as a Guardian and assistant during any astral travels his group would have. He needs to fit in, and find his place there...
Besides that, he'll ask Brick (reluctantly) to ask Anita if there are any people interested in a more direct 'magical services', like a Combat Sense, Improved Invisibility or Increase Reflexes spell for the run. This could earn him a few nuyen, since he wouldn't have to be on the spot to sustain them, and the team caster - if they have one - would be less strained by sustaining spells.
As for the nuyen, I'll put that new version of the lifestyle together today (I hope). I have an errand to run, and a visit to pay at my old high school...
Mariusz "Kot" Butrykowski
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup."

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #775 on: <05-06-11/0338:53> »
Stryker will be working with his new Circle, using his skills (Arcana, Enchanting, Medicine, First Aid, Assensing) to help them and make their bond into something more than just group members. He'll also try to pick up any hints and advice that could help him improve his own bond with the Manastreams (I'm hoarding Karma to raise Magic to 5 - it'll take ~2 more runs, but I need to improve Stryker's Magic to reflect his advancement), and server as a Guardian and assistant during any astral travels his group would have. He needs to fit in, and find his place there...
Besides that, he'll ask Brick (reluctantly) to ask Anita if there are any people interested in a more direct 'magical services', like a Combat Sense, Improved Invisibility or Increase Reflexes spell for the run. This could earn him a few nuyen, since he wouldn't have to be on the spot to sustain them, and the team caster - if they have one - would be less strained by sustaining spells.
As for the nuyen, I'll put that new version of the lifestyle together today (I hope). I have an errand to run, and a visit to pay at my old high school...

Dont forget about Warding, you are capable of it and it is good business :)

Teyl_Iliar

• Omae
  • Professionals, Don't cross them.
« Reply #776 on: <05-06-11/0414:31> »
Oh I forgot. Brick will go shopping for med kit supplies as well. should be easy to find in a hardware store in Everett.
UB
Brick
speaking
ITF
Slip
speaking
thinking
comm

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #777 on: <05-06-11/0528:57> »
Nope. I have no spells like that, unfortunately...
Mariusz "Kot" Butrykowski
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup."

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #778 on: <05-06-11/0547:28> »
Nope. I have no spells like that, unfortunately...

Read the rules: Every magical character capable of astral perception is able to do this :)

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #779 on: <05-06-11/1353:41> »
Ok, so for side jobs.  We'll do it like this:

1. first get the side job approved by me.  This might be warding, a little bouncing, a little repair, a little coding, a little instruction, etc.

2. Roll Charisma.  Number of hits is how many "jobs" you can get for the interim period between UB's.

3. Roll just raw Attribute + Skill.  Modifiers have to be approved by me. 

4. 50 nuyen per hit.