NEWS

OOC: Urban Brawl

• 2168 Replies

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #675 on: <05-01-11/1536:53> »
He is ramming me while Im parking my bike - on the spot between those parked cars Ive been asking about?

Looks loke I forgot to roll that thresshold test you wanted (srry, falling asleep between posts, iIm tired as hell from yesterdays festival). Ive added the roll now.
And succeeded...

How many lanes are on standard Everett street? 42? :)
« Last Edit: <05-01-11/1548:45> by Sichr »

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
  • Ask me about NERPS! 30% Sales!
« Reply #676 on: <05-01-11/1548:50> »
Rolled defense, got 4 hits so attack would miss...
Not posting in IC yet because (And this is gonna hurt.)
I don't know how much time has past since we spotted we were under attack, but if this is Turn1, IP1 and the hacker attacked me; I'm still jumped in the car, so that's where my active persona would be. I think -no books at hand atm- that in cybercombat only one persona can be active, if any other ones on other nodes get attacked, it's defenseless.

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #677 on: <05-01-11/1901:39> »
Just buying hits on an Analyze test you can see that he also has an Admin Account.  He probably doesn't want to alert the Grid Guide system of anything strange going on if he doesn't have to.  I'll say any Admin task that you do is going to be based on an opposed Logic + Computer (hotsim can be added here too) test and takes a Complex Action.  Whoever wins was able to issue a command first and block the other person's command.  But in any case you still have to do your defensive roll.  Then it'll be your turn once that's all resolved. 

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
« Reply #678 on: <05-01-11/1913:07> »
Like I said: I'm not even sure I get a defense roll.
If I do, it's Defense: Response 5 + Firewall 6 + VR 2 (13d6.hits(5)=4) so the attack misses.

Teyl_Iliar

• Omae
  • Professionals, Don't cross them.
« Reply #679 on: <05-01-11/2112:55> »
I'm conflicted and since it affects our game plan, and might draw more attention to us, I'm asking for a opinions. Should I hit the approaching car?(yes/no) and with what should I hit it? (panther/inferno rocket)
UB
Brick
speaking
ITF
Slip
speaking
thinking
comm

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #680 on: <05-02-11/0111:08> »
@Zach: 

You said you'd "Allow the pursuer to pass " and the only way you could do that is by holding action to see what he does.  So your bike wasn't parked.  You thought the car would just pass by and then you'd park, but it didn't work out that way. 

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
« Reply #681 on: <05-02-11/0240:12> »
I'm conflicted and since it affects our game plan, and might draw more attention to us, I'm asking for a opinions. Should I hit the approaching car?(yes/no) and with what should I hit it? (panther/inferno rocket)

Doesn't look like they're pulling their punches, that ram could've easily killed Zach and Blackhammer isn't the friendliest of programs neither. If it's cops you're worried about, I'm guessing an attempt to ram a bike from the street will be reported as well, so we might as well engage.

Teyl_Iliar

• Omae
« Reply #682 on: <05-02-11/0259:19> »
ok, but what should I use? the inferno rocket has an AOE naplam effect that will last for around 6 turns, does 6P damage to the car, and has a radius of 12 M so I'd have to screw up badly to not hit them with it, but it also costs me 1,500 to use. (short version: flashly Damage over time.) the panther I have 14 dice to use, with a negative 10P -5AP stat i can make the bursts narrow +2 DV or wide -2 defense if i fire in bursts. (short version: High Damage Per Shot) either option will screw these guys up. If I don't hear back before my turn I'll flip a coin. (Only problem with being the heavy weapons guy, sometimes you just can't decide what'd be more fun.)
UB
Brick
speaking
ITF
Slip
speaking
thinking
comm

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
« Reply #683 on: <05-02-11/0303:16> »
Isn't he driving like, right next to Zach? Napalm explosions, as fun as any character named Wagner would find it, might be a bit too dangerous.
Just my 2 cents, I'm by far an expert.

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #684 on: <05-02-11/0306:57> »
@Zach: 

You said you'd "Allow the pursuer to pass " and the only way you could do that is by holding action to see what he does.  So your bike wasn't parked.  You thought the car would just pass by and then you'd park, but it didn't work out that way.

Zach decides to continue like he is not the part of the game, being casual biker: Options:
1) there is the crossroad or alley that would allow Zach to drive on the parallel street until the next crossroad (Like turn left - turn right - go paralell in max 100m distance from van and driver-turn right-turn left - reconnects with the "Chase street")
2) There are no crossroads nearby, that would allow Zach to do 1). In that case Zach will drive to park on the side of the street...

Allows the pursuiter to pass by...

Read -
1. I would turn away or park the bike
2. Allow pursuiter to pass

maybe my use of "Allow" is not propper, excuse my english...I was only telling that I would do my actions (turning to side street or parking) and let the pursuiter to drive forward, passing by me...

Teyl_Iliar

• Omae
« Reply #685 on: <05-02-11/0307:42> »
looks like zach isn't behind us anymore ;D
UB
Brick
speaking
ITF
Slip
speaking
thinking
comm

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #686 on: <05-02-11/0343:46> »
Edited my ramming post due to rolls mismatch.

One way or another, Zach is not behind you anymore :'(

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #687 on: <05-02-11/0357:14> »
Sichr, you still have 1 Edge point. If you re-roll failed dice on the defense test, you need just one hit to get out of this unscathed. That's a DP of 11.
If you get behind, I'll send a Watcher to guide you back to us. And then you'll be behind their back. With a gun. :P
Besides, if you get down now, I don't know if we can make it. And remember, that the costs of medical care and repairs will be huge. Again.
« Last Edit: <05-02-11/0400:38> by Kot »
Mariusz "Kot" Butrykowski
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup."

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #688 on: <05-02-11/0416:05> »
OK. mess celared, move on.
My girl must have been thinking on me really dearly when Ive rolled :)

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #689 on: <05-02-11/0424:23> »
Xzylv, Im not sure (no bokks right now) but you should crash him even without attack (I think Exploit is used for this)
Or his program(i.e. Stealth)
But what you do is exactly what I had on mind ... to crash his stealth and expose him to KE....:)