OOC: Urban Brawl

• 2168 Replies

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #630 on: <04-29-11/1732:58> »
Just tell me whom to Powerbolt. :P
Mariusz "Kot" Butrykowski
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup."

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
  • Ask me about NERPS! 30% Sales!
« Reply #631 on: <04-29-11/1736:46> »
The "Terminate Connection" thing on 238; how does that work?
Is it something the node (my commlink) does by itself? (Since it says the node does it, and doesn't use any skills or programs.)
Or does it only apply to real server-like "nodes" and not to commlinks, drones etc?

Second: I remember reading something about having to make regular vehicle tests, but can't seem to find it back...
« Last Edit: <04-29-11/1740:14> by Xzylvador »

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #632 on: <04-29-11/1744:30> »
You have to 'spend' 1 IP driving, i think.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup."

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #633 on: <04-29-11/1754:58> »
@Wagner:

Yeah, you have to spend at least 1 complex action making a vehicle test every CT.  Since you didn't predefine your alert response if your PAN gets hacked, the only thing that will happen now is the standard consequences of a restricted alert against an access ID.  If you spend a complex action you can initiate any of those alert responses against the intruder. 

But to terminate a connection, a connection needs to first be established (i.e. intruder has to have successfully logged on to your PAN), then a terminate connection can be done.  Once he's in though, I would make it an opposed Logic+Computer test though to see who can initiate a command first since you might both have admin accounts. 
« Last Edit: <04-29-11/1757:23> by inca1980 »

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
« Reply #634 on: <04-29-11/1822:32> »
Could a smart jammer be programmed to jam his frequency?
I seem to remember someone with an R10 thingy sitting on my backseat. :)
(But then I'd first wait for him to log on and treat him to some dumpshock.)

Teyl_Iliar

• Omae
  • Professionals, Don't cross them.
« Reply #635 on: <04-29-11/1835:26> »
I can switch on mine. It's still detecting at 6 hits for hidden nodes so it should work, if not we can use our package's equipment. As of right now I'll hold my actions until someone wants me to start shooting, throwing drones out of the back, or applying first aid, but all of my guns are locked cocked, and ready to rock. Xzy, post on the OOC if you want me to do anything specific otherwise Brick will be ready with the Rocket launcher.

I'm going to be gone for a few hours. going for dinner with the family. don't get too far without me lads ;)
UB
Brick
speaking
ITF
Slip
speaking
thinking
comm

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #636 on: <04-29-11/1930:56> »
@Brick:
You'll have to roll again if you switch your jammer on.  It would be a ratingx2(4) to find the node of the car and it can't use Edge cuz it's a drone basically.

@Wagner:
So now that we're in combat turns, you need to spend a simple action to jump in and jump out of your Rover.  Free action to switch from hotsim to coldsim if you ever want to as well.  Because you have to stay focused on your subscription to the Rover while you're jumped in you'd have to jump out in order to do other Matrix actions except issue commands to other drones and/or agents.  Just think of subscriptions like channels on a TV, or very much like Spectator Mode in Quake Live.  You can switch between nodes that you are subscribed to at will, but in cybercombat it becomes a little bit more dicey.  Well "jumping in" is just a special mode of subscribing to your vehicle/drone where your control-rig kicks in and all your neurological system gets hooked up to sensors all over the vehicle and you "become" the vehicle, but this is harder to come in and out of than just standard subscriptions and hence is a simple action as opposed to no action. 

Teyl_Iliar

• Omae
  • Professionals, Don't cross them.
« Reply #637 on: <04-29-11/2130:08> »
@Brick:
You'll have to roll again if you switch your jammer on.  It would be a ratingx2(4) to find the node of the car and it can't use Edge cuz it's a drone basically.

Smart jammer scanning for hidden nodes, (not active jamming yet, but standing by to do so. (12d6.hits(5)=1) also posted in the IC.
UB
Brick
speaking
ITF
Slip
speaking
thinking
comm

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #638 on: <04-30-11/0209:11> »
http://forums.shadowrun4.com/index.php?topic=3478.msg41897#msg41897

Like I said...Im following wagner from 80-50 meters.

Doing otherwise would not make a sense...we are expecting troubles, Im the one who is Shadowing so Im watching our back, there is not much probability that the attack would come from our front since we are the only one who knows the route (Me, Brick, wagner, Stryker)
Adn what use I will be if Im cut from the threat by the Van and all Im able is to watch the show in rear mirrors?
« Last Edit: <04-30-11/0212:49> by Sichr »

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
« Reply #639 on: <04-30-11/0257:36> »
So I actually lose 2 IP's if I want to fight the hacker and drive at the same time? (1 complex=control vehicle, 2xsimple to get in and out) Just for switching between subscriptions, normally not even an action? You're the boss... but ouch!

I can jump out and then Remote Control with 1 complex/CT, right?

If I trace successfully, I can get the right ID/frequency to jam, no?

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #640 on: <04-30-11/0323:09> »
You can tell the Pilot to drive. It should handle things well if it has a high rating...

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #641 on: <04-30-11/0337:15> »
or allow him to connect and start jamming on the fly - your signal + Electronic warfare against his Signal (modified by the distance)and EW..., if you win, this would dump shock him...and if you loose, Brick can do the work with his smart jammer...unless they have very high signal and ECCM

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #642 on: <04-30-11/0347:15> »
Corporate mooks. They probably do. And other than that, let's just decide what to do in the meat world.
Inca, can I use Powerbolt with LoS though windows? Should be, since it's an Indirect spell, and it pretty much grounds the energy in the target. If I can, then:
1. I can start casting Powerbolt on their tyres/wheels.
2. If the car has a classic hood, I could Levitate it and try to obscure their vision, and bare the engine to cast Powerbolt on it.
3. I could just use: 1 Free action to declare Counterspelling, 1 Simple to Observe in Detail, 1 Simple to rely what i observed to the team
4. Jump out of my body again (I assume I returned when the car started moving abnormally, and I noticed no Awakened activity), and try to distract them by manifesting inside their car.
5. Let my Watchers do the same as in 4, but if there's an Awakened Asset, they'd be in danger, so I wouldn't want that...

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
« Reply #643 on: <04-30-11/0354:42> »
Yeah, wait for the connect and then see if that R10 jammer can get 4 hits. With 20 dice, odds are good.
But if I can make the odds 100% by finding his node/frequency and input them into the jammer, so much the better.

Lower windows while jumped in, free action?
Of course, right now they're having difficulties to see you through tinted windows, you'd lose that bonus. Make sure Dustin's ducking.
« Last Edit: <04-30-11/0357:43> by Xzylvador »

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #644 on: <04-30-11/0355:48> »
Also combination of Movement and accident power works nice in sharp curves ;) I dont know if you have them but its just an idea for the future ;)